It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New look ATS- Great difficulties logging in, contacting site, anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello all

AT LAST I'M LOGGED IN!! BUT...I am dreading logging out!
To explain:
For days now I have been trying to log in to the most excellant new-look ATS. I am using my usual laptop (with XP), browser, router- all with no changes. It's my first attempt at logging in since the change of look/ layout. SO..I type my favourite website into the address bar. Up comes the new-look Home Page. WOW! Its' cool, can even alter the page colour for ease of viewing. I clicked the LogIn button on the main page, it took me to the log in page. All's good. I typed my username & password, clicked login...and boom!! back on the Home page NOT logged in.
Again and again repeated the process, but I kept getting the Home page back AND not logged in. Tried clearing the internet cache/ history/ cookies/ form data & passwords etc. No change there. I performed the same steps using F12 Developer Tools an the browser settings menu. No joy there. I tried using my back-up browser Google Chrome, in case it was an IE8 issue. It did the same thing- back to the Home page not logged in. I took the same steps over and over, as with the ones above for IE8. The same results occurred. Also- deliberately mistyped my password a few times just in case it was that (for both browsers). The issue here was there was no "forgot password "facility. None at all!!
I attempted to contact ATS using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the Home page. "[email protected]". IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!! Up pops the HTML box, wrote a LONG email with screenshot attachments. Sent but not delivered. I copied/ pasted my email and attached my screenshots into Hotmail & Gmail. NONE were delivered. I received "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" for them all.
Today, I spent an hour at my local Public Library, that offers one hour free internet access on their many computers. After several attempts, repeating ALL ABOVE steps..still nothing.
I came home, and then I thought I'd take a different approach- create a new account, getting loggrd in and from there post a thread begging for help in accessing my real account. New account created, I was logged in with a new username & password, I went straight to "change password". Did so & logged out. Tried to log in BUT it NOW said the new account's password was wrong. After a couple of attemps I DID get the "forgotten password?" appear.
I took heart and tried my REAL USERNAME into the "username" box, left "password" blank, and clicked "forgotten password?". ""Enter email" box popped up. I typed my REAL ATS email into it, got a new temporary password for my REAL username and.....HERE I AM!!!!
But what now?? I'm too scared to log out!! I love ATS. I love being Seeker7. I don't want to create a new account every time I want to log in, post or comment.
Does/ has any other member had this Logging In problem?? Is it a glitch?? AND who does one contact and how, if they are expierencing issues with the site and are unable to log in??? Contacting ATS is virtually impossible (UNLESS you write a letter to the given address in "contact us: write to us at...").

New-look ATS is fab and I still haven't had a proper look yet. I just had to get this out there as-soon-as. I am still DREADING LOGGING OUT!! What if I can't get back in again?? As I said in the past- Above Top Secret is FANTASTIC!!!! I never want to get locked out.

Thanks to any who read this and to all who may reply.

Seeker7

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

Hi Seeker7
That does sound odd , I stay logged in most of the time and when I am logged out my browser remembers my user name and password so cant really help other than say the site has been experiencing issues with DDoS attacks over the last few days so perhaps that may have something to do with it .
I would suggest that while you are logged in perhaps message skeptic overlord and see what he has to offer .

I would also add that as a back up I emailed my password to myself as a backup so I can just copy & past it in if something goes wrong , no details just the password .

All the best .

edit on 5-10-2013 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
havent had issues logging in. but have been getting attacked with malware...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

Well, I can log in from an iPad, a vista laptop with Firefox, but various problems occurred when I used internet explorer to login. Personally, I have always hated windows internet explorer, and so this gave me the perfect excuse to remove it from all the machines I access this site from, and replaced IE with Firefox. This ended all my login issues.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hello Gortex, thanks for responding. Sorry about my delayed reply; I been away from the laptop (leaving my tab firmly LOGGED IN). As it's a shared PC, I am weary about staying logged in, leaving my details on "remember" etc. BUT for now it's a good idea ("Remember") and one that I wouldn't of thought of. Thank you.
Yes, I will message S.O., once again something I would not of thought of. As owner, he must be VERY busy and so high-ranking that one would not have the confidence to bother such a person with something perhaps trival and that may "just sort itself out" on it's own as these things sometimes do!
It's difficult to know who exactly to report a particular issue to. very helpful suggestion. As has been remarked on ATS before- a dedicated ATS only Forum or person-of-contact would benefit all members old and new.

Once again, thank you.
Seeker 7

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BOPcaj

Thanks. I was afraid it may of been something similar. I've just kicked "pwsWin32- Zbot" off this laptop (thank you Avast!). Not sure how long it's been here but it reads as a LogIn/ Password stealer/ allows remote access etc. I have changed all my passwords for EVERYTHING, but still iffy to see if any damage has been done.

Seeker7

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Now cheers for the reminder TrueBrit. I recently used this on another machine. I have, in the past read alot of comments on various sites- ALOT on here, highly recommending Mozilla Firefox. I will get and use this as soon as I am comfortable about using this laptop to log into things and downloading.

Thanks for the reminder, will DEF try FF as-soon-as

Seeker7

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just thought I'd post this so as to wind my thread up so-to-speak. Firstly, my logging-in issues have sorted themelves out by themselves. I have been able to log-in first time, every time since I logged out after my last post here. Brilliant, I love ATS!

Secondly, I contacted Senior Site Administrator Djarums, who is going to go ahead and close the secondary account, as it contains no posts. I have avoided any penalty under the site's T & Cs as the circumstances of it's creation have been understood. Staff here are cool: understanding AND approachable. No matter what degree of ATSter you see yourself as (as in how long you've been a member, how many Threads/ Posts you've done), ALL staff are approachable and genuinely interested in you issue and are here to help; EVEN SENIOR staff; so be confident; you're not "bothering" anyone.

Lastly, thank you to all who took time to reply to this thread. Your comments and suggestions have helped alot.

To any who read this, I hope that you enjoy ATS as much as I do- (looking at the comments when ATS is back up and running after a shutdown I,m sure you do!!)

Many, many thanks
Seeker7

top topics

join