It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment in 15-30 days, an EXTREMELY fast method. Mahasi Style Noting

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

dominicus
I'm not fully realized, since there are only glimpses of what is prior to the nondual state, and not a permanent establishment in that like what many speak of. That's a flowering that happens in its own time in within certain parameters.

Thank you.
It happened here prior to any knowing of the word. The contrast was obvious yet I had no idea what it was - the separation dissolved. It is indescribable.

There is still seeking there! You seek in India and in books and write about how to achieve 'enlightenment'.
edit on 8-3-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thoughts happen, feelings happen and emotions happen. It appears that there is a 'you' they happen to and that 'you' doesn't want them. That right there is the suffering - the human condition.

wrong.....all these things happen and there is no "me" to attach to them.

also intuition "happens" and intuitively also communicates that "This" also isn't it.

Thank you. It happened here prior to any knowing of the word. The contrast was obvious yet I had no idea what it was - the separation dissolved. It is indescribable.

same here....there is no separation. Intuition happens, arises, and communicates that there is still something prior to this non-separation.

There in lies the trap. Some stop there and think the non-separation is the end all be all end of the road. It is not.

There is still seeking there! You seek in India and in books

The trip to India was several fold.
1.) Authenticate my current state.
2.) Find someone who knows about that which prior to the non-separation, and to describe it, point it out.
3.) Fate & Destiny
4. A flowering of experience & existence.

It was never based on seeking, but on intuitive sense. That "Sense" is what I'm pointing out to you, that where you are is not the end, and you can end up self-justifying an illusion that it is. It's something I caught within my own being, and you seem not to have, hence I am sharing it with you.

and write about how to achieve 'enlightenment'.

Because there is love, bliss, and compassion for existence & humanity to be able to free themselves, from themselves and illusion.

you also write your neo-advaita responses to everyone as well. Why? Where does the need to post here arise. Can you take 6 months or a year off and not post here?

This whole exchange is grand. A knife sharpening a knife. Question your current state if you really think its final and the end. If I had a billion dollars I'd bet it all that there's more and something prior to what you experience now.

seriously: have you gone to anyone who is fully & completely enlightened and asked them about your own state as a reference point? Or are you just resting in, and saying what, you merely think to be the end?
edit on 8-3-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Question your current state if you really think its final and the end.

Seeking a certain 'state' is seeking.
All is just happening as it does - nothing 'needs to happen'.
Where is the freedom if one is looking for more than what is actually happening?
Putting expectations and goals on life is not freedom - it imprisons everything.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

dominicus
If I had a billion dollars I'd bet it all that there's more and something prior to what you experience now.

I am not experiencing anything - there is no me to experience - there is just what is happening.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Seeking a certain 'state' is seeking.

Intuitively sensing, that there is something even prior to what you thought is the end of the line, is not the same as "seeking." Knowing now that there is a prior, induces investigation, experience, sensing, surrendering, allowing, being, all from a deeper depth.

Being at a certain state, and thinking it is the end, is illusion

All is just happening as it does - nothing 'needs to happen'.

of course. that doesn't change the nature of illusion. Had you not read or investigated whatever it was to trigger your own realization, that realization would have never happened. If you decide to just Be where you are and not question your current state, then there is a good chance nothing further will develop.

Where is the freedom if one is looking for more than what is actually happening?

IF there is freedom, that freedom allows for the discovery of the source of intuition, source of thought, source of emotion, or just sitting there in a stupor of not having to discover anything, and thinking that THAT is is.

There is no looker for more.....there is an intuitive sense that is pointing towards an absolute.

Putting expectations and goals on life is not freedom - it imprisons everything.

The lack of expectations and goals in life also is not freedom - it also imprisons everything.

Go ask Adyashanti what happened 6 years after he reached where your at, and what happened to his state of "No-I" that you are currently in. Or Bernadette Roberts. Then come back and let's talk further. I'm serious.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

dominicus
If I had a billion dollars I'd bet it all that there's more and something prior to what you experience now.

I am not experiencing anything - there is no me to experience - there is just what is happening.

There is still something prior to "just what is happening"......is there awareness of that or not?

Have you compared this "no me & only what is happening state" to a variety of notes, maps, blueprints, and what others have to say about it?

Actually..........just forget it. Be as you are, believe what you want, no need for anything, no questioning, no checking, no comparing, nothing further to do. The nondual stupor continues..........

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

dominicus

Itisnowagain

dominicus

There is still something prior to "just what is happening"......is there awareness of that or not?

Have you compared this "no me & only what is happening state" to a variety of notes, maps, blueprints, and what others have to say about it?

Actually..........just forget it. Be as you are, believe what you want, no need for anything, no questioning, no checking, no comparing, nothing further to do. The nondual stupor continues..........

Ha, ha, ha, ha.
Call it non dual stupor if it makes you feel better.
You cannot save me - I do not need saving.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

dominicus

Itisnowagain

dominicus

Ha, ha, ha, ha.
Keep thinking you know more and keep teaching ignorance. And call it non dual stupor if it makes you feel better.

I used to talk just like you and think just like you...then intuition showed something deeper, then reading what happened to adyashanti and bernadette roberts revealed intuition was right, then a trip to India uncovered more people who are directly in this prior state and who have pointed out how it works and where it is.

go read what what happened to those 2 and let's talk. Or we can just self justify via a construct of "there's nothing to read for and no one to read it," and end on that note.

it's a nondual stupor because from that state of No-I, all sorts of self justified constructs can arise that perpetuate stagnation and stupor of non-doing. This was the whole purpose of bringing up the spring cleaning and complete cessation of all the arisings, cause when they cease, what is prior to the Oneness is revealed.

Go look it up if you don't believe me. Or stay as you are. The traps & illusions get more clever the deeper things are revealed.

IF there is no need to, then you win. I bow humbly to your teachings and you are Absolutely right

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am not seeking anything to make anything better - do you get it?
I am not teaching anything either!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

sure. carry on.

though your need to post on ats via pointers & reply to me, shows me all I need to see.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

dominicus

Itisnowagain

sure. carry on.

though your need to post on ats via pointers & reply to me, shows me all I need to see.

Expression and writing happens.

The question originally was to no one in particular.

Itisnowagain
What is it you are all looking to find?
What is at the end of all this searching?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

dominicus

Itisnowagain

sure. carry on.

Expression and writing happens.

The question originally was to no one in particular.

Itisnowagain

here's the thing. I am actually in complete agreement with you as well as you state of being & no-I. It's something I've been in for a while.....

.......I'm simply saying that it is not the absolute, it is not the end, and there is much much more to this. Having the experience that everything is happening and there is no one that it is happening to, can also be in a sense a type of illusion, and since there is no one to test this theory or to see if there is indeed anything further....well you can see where this is going, hence the "stupor" I referred to earlier.

this realization has levels to it. and the depths of who we truly are when the illusion is seen through, run real deep.

Also, this no-I state corresponds to the middle dan tian. there is still an upper and lower dan tian. Of course if there is no one there to investigate this, well you see where I am going with this.

it's something I could never live with, with myself, or in actually it was a happening of its own accord, the questioning to whether the No-I state is also an illusion and the absolute truth, arose of its own accord. If it was answered with, "there is no me to care and no longer a reason to check or see," then that would have resulted in the possibility that it still was an illusuory state.

also this realization of no-I happens to some SO FAST, the intellect is unable to catch exactly what happened and comprehend it. It took my 2 years just to retrace the steps and how it all works in tandem via consciousness, awareness, ego, channels, ripeness, etc.

......whatever..........

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This lady sums it up beautifully.

She has just appeared out of the blue to unite 'us'.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Life is 'lighter' when it is found that there is no one there.

edit on 9-3-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

dominicus

Just an opinion: IF I was you, I would forget doing the prelims for years and years and just break through into it whichever way is fastest. Considering time is short and one of the teachers I came across who is fully enlightened pounded into my head the idea of "Honoring Time."

Just wanted to add something as I noticed you mention that you realize there's still more to learn, etc. I missed pointing this out earlier as well for some reason : anapanasati and satipatthana aren't actually preliminaries, they're complete paths in themselves. I get that you're talking about the fastest way, etc, but those meditations when done enough, and some people can pick them up fairly quickly, can lead all the way to fully waking up.

Just thought I'd say incase you don't check those sutras, etc, for tips, because some of those meditations work really well on all levels, they're not just about samatha/relaxing/concentration. At the same time, even working on concentration enough is supposed to, via the jhanas, help insight work much more effectively. Am just starting to have some experience with this as meditation is going better too. Anyway, just thought I'd say incase it helps in any way.

As a final note, this might be something you like if you ever decide to look at those meditations : www.accesstoinsight.org...

Extract from above link :

One more point: This practice of training the heart is very important in that it forms the source of all goodness and merit; and whatever is the source of goodness and merit deserves special care and attention. The heart is a vessel for all that is good. When the heart is pure, any meritorious actions you may perform externally will truly foster happiness. External merit is like a tasty curry. If it's served in a filthy dish, then even though the curry may be delicious, the person eating it won't want to eat his fill because of the filth. But if the dish is clean and the curry delicious, the person eating is likely to eat with confidence to his heart's content. In the same way, if the heart is clean, it will find itself attracted to performing externally meritorious actions. It will always be ready to make sacrifices, because in every case it will taste the nourishment of its goodness.

Not only that, a clean heart also forms the path for release from stress and suffering, leading ultimately to nibbāna. Those who are to reach the paths (magga) and fruitions (phala) leading to nibbāna will do so by way of the heart. If the heart isn't trained, then no matter how much external goodness you may have, you won't be able to reach nibbāna. Nibbāna can be attained only by training the heart in the practice of virtue, concentration, and discernment. Virtue forms the basis for concentration; concentration, the basis for discernment; and discernment, the basis for release. Concentration is especially important because it forms the basis for discernment and intuitive understanding (ñāṇa), which are the crucial factors of the path. You can't do without concentration. If concentration is lacking, you can gain nothing but jumbled thoughts and obsessions, without any sound support.

Concentration is like a nail: and discernment, a hammer. If the nail isn't held firm and straight, the hammer will strike it only hit-or-miss, and the nail will never get through the board. For the heart to penetrate the world and get through to the highest Dhamma, it must take a firm stance in concentration so as to give rise to intuitive understanding. Intuitive understanding can occur only to those who have centered the mind in concentration. As for discernment, it's something we all have, but if it lacks intuitive understanding, it can never get beyond the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

ust wanted to add something as I noticed you mention that you realize there's still more to learn, etc. I missed pointing this out earlier as well for some reason : anapanasati and satipatthana aren't actually preliminaries, they're complete paths in themselves. I get that you're talking about the fastest way, etc, but those meditations when done enough, and some people can pick them up fairly quickly, can lead all the way to fully waking up.

Yeah, I agree those are complete paths in themselves. This was verified to me also on my India trip. Anapanasati alone, may be one of the key ways to access the Absolute the fastest. However even with these two mentioned, the realizations always grow deeper, reveal more, stabilize and unify as time passes.

I've reached some realizations and professed that "This is it!!!!" within the first few weeks, only to be shown deeper depths of these realizations at a later time, so now there is just silence and seeing how infinitely grand and vast it all is.

As a final note, this might be something you like if you ever decide to look at those meditations : www.accesstoinsight.org... Extract from above link :

Yeah the Heart is a HUGE deal. Also verified on my India trip. Actually this is what happens to all the nondualists if they have a deeper realization, then the I-Feeling that arises in the heart vanishes and there is just the opening/spaciousness there. However there is much more to the heart such as light of consciousness, bliss, visions of future events happen there as well (speaking from experience). This was the trap that I was referencing to "Itsnowagain," because the Nondualists realize one state, and then justify that there is no more and nothing else to be done.

Thanks for the link. It further verifies the heart as the Middle Dan Tian and in need of cultivation/opening/seeing/realizing what is within it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This has just shown up - it may help one to realize that there is only ever the one.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

If one is seeking to escape emotions like anger or frustration or any other 'seemingly negative' emotion by becoming 'enlightened' then one is believing a myth.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If one is seeking to escape emotions like anger or frustration or any other 'seemingly negative' emotion by becoming 'enlightened' then one is believing a myth

its not a myth.

There are several ways besides "No-I" to be freed from these things.In certain paths, the influx of Grace clears out the vices, and imbues one with virtues.

In other Paths, like certain Buddhist paths, The person accesses the source of emotions and pulls out the tap root of emotion, so they no longer arise.

This is one of the traps of only knowing One path: certain illusuory absolutes are stated, ones which really hold no weight in the nature of reality and are spoken of from a place of not knowing.

If you want links & resources to that which I speak of, can post them.

These are the illusions that can arise from thinking that the No-I state is the end all be all. A false dichotomy and only 1 angle of an infinite number of angles. Since there is "no one to go and see" the source of Emotions, you make a certain conclusion based on assumption.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Conquering your mind, thought and emotion has nothing to do with enlightenment. It's the exact opposite.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join