It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of the Annunaki

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you ask me at the end of this argument pertaining to a Biblical flood
brought on by GOD. I use this equasion.

God to me is more than evident.
Scientifically and every other way.

God exists.
Water exists
The Earth exists = A possible flood.
edit on 5-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

There would have been a flood in the middle east - there was a flood in the Aegean, there was certainly floods on many island places - water levels rising a small amount at various points in our history would have had a dramatic effect on early cultures - that these floods were amalgamated into one huge flood doesn't detract from the fact that the biblical flood is likely a cultural memory of a real event validated by several other cultural memories at different points.

reply to post by MaxSteiner

Why does science refuse to taake into account all the cultural
memories of a flood ? And the absence of any memories of our origins?
Which again points to a world wide disaster that interupts mankinds
lineage to his origins. A world wide catastrophe that just about
wiped out mankind completely. Explains this amnesia perfectly.
But it's GOD and we don't want to admit that do we ?
Someone might have to change their lifestyle !

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

you can leave out everything Sitchin ever said and base your opinion simply on the fact these advanced civilizations popped up out of the desert in the blink of an eye. I just love how you guys want to make the context of what they were talking about mundane, especially when they and many ancient cultures come right out and say they had help from people from other worlds. And if that's not what they were talking about then what do the scholars say these days? Sitchin's version makes a lot of sense considering how it answers all the mysteries around the world simply and elegantly.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

you can leave out everything Sitchin ever said and base your opinion simply on the fact these advanced civilizations popped up out of the desert in the blink of an eye. I just love how you guys want to make the context of what they were talking about mundane, especially when they and many ancient cultures come right out and say they had help from people from other worlds. And if that's not what they were talking about then what do the scholars say these days? Sitchin's version makes a lot of sense considering how it answers all the mysteries around the world simply and elegantly.

I would suppose that depends on how you define "blink of an eye". When you factor in that Gobekli Tepe is roughly 12,000 years old and Sumeria became an organized city state approximately 5000 years ago and was settled 1100-1600 years prior to the development of written script there I would be more than willing to go out in a limb and say that none of these civilizations appeared in the blink of an eye. Geologically sure but in terms of physical human years not so much.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

you can leave out everything Sitchin ever said and base your opinion simply on the fact these advanced civilizations popped up out of the desert in the blink of an eye.

Well that's the problem what you are stating is a well worn fringe meme that has no basis in fact. For Sumer look a the Ubaidians for AE look at the timeline of the development of the cultures

Late Paleolithic, from 40th millennium BC Aterian tool-making
Semi-permanent dwellings in Wadi Halfa
Tools made from animal bones, hematite, and other stones

Neolithic, from 11th millennium BC c. 10,500 BC: Wild grain harvesting along the Nile, grain-grinding culture creates world's earliest stone sickle blades[2] roughly at end of Pleistocene
c. 8000 BC: Migration of peoples to the Nile, developing a more centralized society and settled agricultural economy
c. 7500 BC: Importing animals from Asia to Sahara
c. 7000 BC: Agriculture—animal and cereal—in East Sahara
c. 7000 BC: in Nabta Playa deep year-round water wells dug, and large organized settlements designed in planned arrangements
c. 6000 BC: Rudimentary ships (rowed, single-sailed) depicted in Egyptian rock art
c. 5500 BC: Stone-roofed subterranean chambers and other subterranean complexes in Nabta Playa containing buried sacrificed cattle
c. 5000 BC: Alleged archaeoastronomical stone megalith in Nabta Playa.[citation needed]
c. 5000 BC: Badarian; furniture, tableware, models of rectangular houses, pots, dishes, cups, bowls, vases, figurines, combs
c. 4400 BC: finely-woven linen fragment

Inventing prevalent, from 4th millennium BC By 3400 BC: Cosmetics
Donkey domestication
(Meteoric) iron works
Mortar (masonry)

c. 4000 BC: early Naqadan trade (see Silk Road)

4th millennium BC: Gerzean tomb-building, including underground rooms and burial of furniture and amulets
4th millennium BC: Cedar imported from Lebanon
c. 3900 BC: An aridification event in the Sahara leads to human migration to the Nile Valley
c. 3500 BC: Lapis lazuli imported from Badakshan and / or Mesopotamia (see Silk Road)
c. 3300 BC: Double reed instruments and lyres
c. 3500 BC: Senet, world's oldest-board game
c. 3500 BC: Faience, world's earliest-known glazed ceramic beads
c. 3100 BC: Pharaoh Narmer unified Upper and Lower Egypt

Now why do these not count as foundations for these civilizations? They are real, show progression and association, we have found them- we have found nothing in the archaeological record that supports Sitchin in anyway.

I just love how you guys want to make the context of what they were talking about mundane,

You mean evidence based? I consider these civilization and their rise not mundane but manifest in their importance and interest.

especially when they and many ancient cultures come right out and say they had help from people from other worlds.

No, they talked about Gods we still have billions of people today who think God(s) are helping them do stuff as we speak.

And if that's not what they were talking about then what do the scholars say these days?

I lost what your point is here, could you rephrase please

Sitchin's version makes a lot of sense considering how it answers all the mysteries around the world simply and elegantly.

Except the evidence points to him being wrong (mainly because he just made up stuff) and the 'mundane' reality is correct.

Elegant and coolness aside Sitchin's view of the world history is a cartoon version of what actually happend

Link above to the wiki summary of pre-dynastic Egypt

Link

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

I would suppose that depends on how you define "blink of an eye". When you factor in that Gobekli Tepe is roughly 12,000 years old and Sumeria became an organized city state approximately 5000 years ago and was settled 1100-1600 years prior to the development of written script there I would be more than willing to go out in a limb and say that none of these civilizations appeared in the blink of an eye. Geologically sure but in terms of physical human years not so much.

I would agree with the wording of your point.
Civilazations would effectually always appear to us to have
popped up out of nowhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

peter vlar

bottleslingguy

(I believe) This comes from a misquote from a book of Sumerian history by Kramer were he talked about how fast the Sumerians went from villages to cities - a period of about 350 years which by archaeological timelines is immensely fast. The bad quote has developed a life of its own and is stated as fact endlessly by fringe believers most who have never heard of pre-history or the Ubaidians.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

randyvs

hasn't happen AFAIK

Nor has it happened AFAIK. Doesn't mean you can say anything to the negative with confidence.

You can say with great confidence based on the evidence presently known that no Biblical style world covering species killing flood occurred.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Hey Max

Yep lots of regional and local floods, past, present and in the future. They are the basis - probably - of the idea of a world covering species destroying god created epic flood. However the evidence shows it never happened.

The idea may have come from a very big flood that happened in the TE valley when one of the rivers was blocked by a land slide and when the artifical dam broke it was a major flood, the Mesopotamians recorded it and stories came up about it. Archaeological and geologically it shows up and was first discovered by a guy named Woolley (Charles Leonard Woolley) who dug up Ur.

With that I'm gone I'll be back to this thread Monday or Tuesday

Excellent discussion all

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You can say with great confidence based on the evidence presently known that no Biblical style world covering species killing flood occurred.

Oh no I would never say that.
You can say that all you want.
Doesn't mean I don't think it's
total BS.

Because what's presently
known to you. Is outmatched by your
own inadequacies when it comes to
considering the account of so many
cultural historys.

Excellent discussion all

I agree Sir.
You have been most candid.
I wish all my discussions went this way,
Sincerely I do.

Please forgive some of my shall we say,,,, boldness ?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yes ,who are we and where did we come from ?? Why dont we have the answers ? Maybe we do, but it comes through a simple act of faith .If faith is a simple act ,then I guess it can simply be missed if we try to impose our own wisdom to understand it or if some other entity confuses us . Something as simple as sound and the vibrating frequency should not be hard to understand . When we are cold we shiver and vibrate to create heat within our bodies .I guess its just friction between things seen and unseen .Like sound we hear and sound we don't hear . Think of 60 cycle electricity that we can hear . Its all pulsations of stuff science tells us about ,weather sound ,light, or what ever else stuff is made up of .

I once started to try and consider nothing ...lol We are constantly hearing about nothing but is it possible for there to be nothing in our space we see .I find it hard in a small way to buy into the millions and billions of years people talk about .There is that "gap" theory gives me the out to know or not to , that could be correct .If we are honest we have to say that there is a lot we don't know and may never know. What we can get a good picture of is that our past inhabitants knew stuff we dont today and some how are not here today ...or are they? ...

Op thank you for the vid. S&F You may have brought all of the many threads that have talked about this stuff this fellow is going on about .The archaeologist amongst us are going to love this op :>)....The biblical record says a flood .Call them coal or just carcuses .That may have been the one thing that could answer so much more then ET's . How long will a human body last in a vast sea of water if not covered up ?

Sound and water can cut pretty clean when put into pressure .Take that stone and attach a peaso and now you have electricity . just tap it and the ring moves the molecules inside and ..... It does ring very well that there stone ...B flat ...don't you just love it, don't you love it .. lol ..good vid op :>) we must be a bit moronic ,all of us ...well I am because I have believed some of the crap the teachers told me ..hey I thought they might be getting some things right lol

Does it not all come down to respect to every one .I know that some might say to not suffer the fools but ,he who is without let him cast the first stone ....Sounds like our crust floating on something like ..water was displaced in the flood ....I am just saying ...:>) GPS lol ...such fools tptb are lol the probability of a fool believing that this is coinstisensdent is what ? any mathematicians in the gang following along ? lol darn good post op ...lovin it :>) Gee this guy goes from simple to very high tech by our standards today ...Hey I think I am a Cave Man lol

This one vid clip could spur a multitude of sci-fi flicks we have not seen yet ...hey you Masons of hollywood are you paying attention ? lol Wouldn't it be nice to have all of the data available to let our young minds look at to rediscover or find a new the things hidden from them from the evil powers that be like JP Morgan and their ilk .That is one very big gradient in the temperature if true ??? I want to vote this guy as PONTUS and I dont even live with you yanks ..lol Oh wait a second ..I notice a accent in his voice ..he is not yours but he is not Canuk as well ..too bad I would love to replace our Harper with this guy ..

Somebody needs to get ahold of Anthony Watts and his gang over at WUWT to get to the bottom of this stuff ..unless you are comfortable with the IPCC lol OP the dots that are being connected into my mind are nuts ...I am also listening to Chris White's latest podcast about our modern history ....I have my gold in The Lord Jesus Christ ...nuff said .

Anti-gravity using sound sounds good to me and more believable then in the common thought as if its a principal that cant be over ruled .... The J.P. morgan thinkers bombarding with their 24/7 news cycle to dumb us down to the level of thinking that we cant defy gravity ..boulder dash ..lol .We the members that wont be swayed by the people with the paper work to back up what they say ...Woo Hoo ...Yea like I want to buy into that falling thing that is now catching up with the plumbit of the USA / oh mystery Babylon is falling .is falling...lol

Eh ,hold on ...the bickering and the sad state of our human condition ...fiat currency ...is it real ? maybe that is the real NOTHING ...???? I was recently accused by the authorities as being a "Free Man" on the land .....just saying ....I am a man ,just in case there may be any guys out there thinking lol ...just saying .....It's about not Engaging them ...Be as gentle as a lamb and as wise as a serpent ...ok South Africa, Way To Go! It started with you and has now come back full circle and it only seems logical it should finish with you. Let's dump them and become free peoples.

These money sucking lawyers will only starve without our engagement. The truth sets you free! Just as there fiat legalized way of thinking can compel our knee-jerk reactional feelings to engage them ... one of the best pieces of advice I ever got from a lawyer to throw the document to engage them into the trash can...never heard another word...lol.

You see how Afghanistan as being considered a third world nation of common Joes and Moes have been able to stifle not only the greatest military power on the face of the earth The United States of America but also NATO...does this not speak of the human spirit or the God spirit? I guess it would be nice to coin my own money that many others would accept as such...but let's be realistic, I have many things that I am willing to give freely to my fellow man. It's too bad I can't put it on the New York Stock Exchange.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Holy crap, I'm honored just to be the first to star that post.
Excellent.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Are we not willing to uncover more of this enigma and what is proposed by this man, Michael?
The argument of probability against the truth of origins hangs in the balance between accepting the facts that intersect with all major myths and legends, and actual ruins and scientific facts that exist and the understanding of what lies there.

GPS becomes inert whilst standing within these geometric, washed over as if in a flood, cattle krall.
Adam's Calendar gives off a 1700-1800MHz frequency and is supposedly an active portal.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

Are we not willing to uncover more of this enigma

The internet is vast. But still this is a chore sitting infront of computer.

Make an offer, get some funding. I can volunteer some good humor
and the best of any laborer. Any where any time.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When you start to think about matter and energy and what it is... to me EVERYTHING is simply, Energy. When you try to break down matter into the smallest possible parts - molecules, atoms, particles, quarks, protons, neutrons, electrons, whatever else - it's all just energy. To me it's the only thing that makes any sense. There's a theory floating around these days that this energy can also be described as, or looked at, as being a frequency - or simply, music. At first it sounds kinda funny but in all honesty it really does make a lot of sense - any "solid" object is just a bunch of atoms spinning around bound together in a specific frequency... isn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Hanslune

randyvs

Oh but God doesn't exist. Therefore your presentation will be scoffed at
because people just can't take the truth.
I am thrilled by your post.
SnF

The existence of god cannot be proved or not proved but the claim of aliens modifying humans and living amongst can be as is the claim they modified humans to mine gold. We can also ,using a line by line approach, dismiss certain claims from the Bible as being scientifically invalid, such as a world wide flood as decribed in Genesis.

At the end of the last ice age, sea levels were about 150 meters lower than they were now. At any time, there could have been a local flood caused by a collapsing sea wall. Some parts of the Middle East are actually below sea-level, so they could have flooded, before the water evaporated again.
edit on 6-10-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Is it stated anywhere , in engraving, on clay tablets or even scratched on a stone that it was ANNUNAKI who build these?

to tell the truth, these indeed look like cattle kraals.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

stormcell

Hanslune

randyvs

Oh but God doesn't exist. Therefore your presentation will be scoffed at
because people just can't take the truth.
I am thrilled by your post.
SnF

The existence of god cannot be proved or not proved but the claim of aliens modifying humans and living amongst can be as is the claim they modified humans to mine gold. We can also ,using a line by line approach, dismiss certain claims from the Bible as being scientifically invalid, such as a world wide flood as decribed in Genesis.

At the end of the last ice age, sea levels were about 150 meters lower than they were now. At any time, there could have been a local flood caused by a collapsing sea wall. Some parts of the Middle East are actually below sea-level, so they could have flooded, before the water evaporated again.
edit on 6-10-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

There are certainly indications of horrific flooding in the Uruk area prior to the Sumerians arrival 5200 Years ago. The clay deposits found by Wooley are nearly 4 m thick which is indicative of a pretty devastating flood event. It's possible the Sumerians incorporated this into their mythology when they arrived from the North. It's also a possibility that as they had come from the North, that they were exposed to the inundation of the Black Sea at some point in their history and then when arriving in what would become Sumer deduced that a much larger flood event affected the known world at the time by including the Flood histories of the other areas they migrated through. This is clearly speculation on my part and just one possible answer to a fairly complex question that requires multiple disciplines to come together in order to solve it.
edit on 6-10-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

His videos are full of pseudoscience crap, even more than other videos. He skips past details and drops outlandish claims into his conversations.

He's 100% a crook.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Interesting you point out that, I know my belief system is complex but I think it should be on track because I don't judge things to be fact rather the pieces of the puzzle are many. I think the end result is agree, not with all the tremendous amount of disinformation out there but in the overall aspect of 'ancient aliens.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join