It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was the US gov shut down?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

idk, sounds like Carreau's answer points more towards just flat out destroying a nation. On purpose. To become a fascist state?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Give that man a gold star. or a little green one in this case.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I think you've got it now.

America's economy was kinda-maybe-sorta okay before Bush. At least recovery was possible. Bush was an idiot, Cheney was a crook, and Obama is sticking us with the fork ... because we're done. The only way we're getting out of this thing without bloodshed is through leadership. And even I can't tell you where that's going to come from.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It certainly is odd.
I heard (on the radio) the US is the only country in the world where this is even possible.

It could be just as we have been told or there is something going on, where they basicly just can't make a budget?? because of not enough funding, if this is true, they sure wouldn't tell it! Think about it, the FED is buying each month 80 billion of debt!! do that x12 + the deficit... you get like 3 trillion+ in one year of new debt where their income in 1 year is only about 2 trillion. So even when they don't buy anything with that 2 trillion of income they still 1 trillion short without spending anything!!! think about that.
And this is going on for some time..

They could start war without congress but now they need congress for passing a budget

edit on 5-10-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I've had my suspicions for years that America was trying to make itself go broke and go the fascist direction but one thing doesn't make sense. To go flat broke would mean to change currency afterwards right? Then wouldn't that mess up the reasoning to take over nations that decided to move away from petro dollars? Iraq, Libya, Syria, et al.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

you get two.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

By law you need Congress' approval for both but that hasn't stopped this idiot in the WH.

Riddle me this, why is it Racist to ask for a Gov ID to vote but it's ok to require one to enroll in the ACA to be able to see a doctor?

Bueller.........Bueller...........Bueller............

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Plugin
They could start war without congress but now they need congress for passing a budget

(Probably on a Friday evening) "Ladies and gentlemen, friends and fellow citizens. It is with a troubled mind that I inform you a state of emergency faces our great nation and it is with great reluctance that I am suspending the Constitution of the United States and declaring martial law. For your own safety, please remain indoors. Thank you and may God be with you in these troubled times." -Click-

"Hey guys. We don't need no stinking budget at all now, do we?"

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

No actually it makes sense to crash the dollar AND the US Gov, both are owned right now by the Fed which has it's own interest in mind and not the US, it's citizens or the world economy for that matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

here you go

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have the GOP actually voted against funding? it seems to me that since this whole shutdown thing was started it has been democrats that have voted against all the funding bills sent to the senate.

exactly how did the GOP shutdown the government by voting for funding?
Exactly how are the democrats try to keep the government open by consistently voting against funding?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why was the US gov shut down?

Because there are elements within the US government that want to see a Cloward-Piven Scenario.

There are also elements that don't want to see a Cloward-Piven Scenario.

Unfortunately, there are more people that wish to see the destruction of the US than not, so government will reopen with the capitulation of the GOP, Obamacare will get funded, spending will increase, and our collapse will be made even more certain.

On behalf of the US, I would like to formally extend my apologies to all peoples and countries of planet earth. Sorry for the up-coming economic collapse.
(frowny face)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

Great information, well spoken with comical overtone. It puts things in a much more clearer perspective, especially knowing government has shut down 17x before.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by xstealth

It's shutdown because the Senate and Obuma won't pass the funding bills that were passed by the house.

You seem to forget that Obamacare was already the law when the shutdown happened. This shutdown is a method of the tea party to force bills they want through the government.

No I didn't forget. Congress is doing exactly what the people voted them in to do, stop Obamacare.

Sorry you don't like it, but they are doing what they were elected to do for the first time in history.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by FlySolo

No actually it makes sense to crash the dollar AND the US Gov, both are owned right now by the Fed which has it's own interest in mind and not the US, it's citizens or the world economy for that matter.

To put the Federal Reserve into perspective.....

The Fed now has around 2 Trillion dollars worth of U.S. Treasury securities.

All are interest bearing, and that means the government will have to keep borrowing to pay the interest.

All banks that are Federal Reserve members own stock in the Federal Reserve itself at some level.

That stock earns 6% dividends.

So, I guess the FED *owns* the U.S.

Fed Stock shares

the 6% dividends

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is what I heard why it happened , I'm not very political orientated and not even Us citizen. But the whole world follows US politics because of the good relations we got with the US.

Also what I heard was that the new health care system is based on the Dutch health care system. Maybe not in its totality but in basic..

I've also heard that what happens now "the government shutdown" is something only two countries apply namely Denmark and the US , only Denmark never uses it only symbolic.

I hope that this major issue will soon be lifted so that those 800.000 can go to work so they don't have to stress at the end of this month...

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

FlySolo
I know I know, Obamacare resistance from the GOP. But that can't be the only reason can it? I mean, I can't quite understand how or why shutting down the gov helps the GOP in their cause. Is it extortion? Blackmail? Is that what this is? Because on the surface that's what this looks like. Blackmail.

Fill me in?

That is the absolutely only reason that the government shutdown.

Republicans basically said "Defund or Delay Obamacare, or we will shutdown the government".

Senate Democrats and Obama simply said, "We aren't going to be blackmailed or terrorized by a minority group in the House".

And here we are.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

2XOHsurf
And I will ask you, why do you continue to parrot "GOP shutdown"? Can you quote or find one GOP member who said they want to shutdown?

And yet all I have heard from the mouths of Obama and Reid were threats to shutdown.

Thanks in advance for your clarification

There you go, it has been their plan since 2010 as their absolute last option to try to stop the ACA.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Tardacus
Have the GOP actually voted against funding? it seems to me that since this whole shutdown thing was started it has been democrats that have voted against all the funding bills sent to the senate.

exactly how did the GOP shutdown the government by voting for funding?
Exactly how are the democrats try to keep the government open by consistently voting against funding?

The Senate amended, as is their right, the CR sent to them, voted on it, passed it, and sent it back to the House for approval. They refused.

Here is the thing, the House Democrats along with 21+ and counting Republicans want to pass a CR with no ACA modifications in it (so called "clean CR"). That is a majority in the House. The majority in the Senate also want to pass this clean CR. And Obama wants to sign this clean CR.

There is only ONE problem and ONE thing stopping this from happening. John Boehner and the Tea Party Republicans are BLOCKING that bill in the House from coming to the floor for a vote.

So yes, it is the Republicans...and actually a small minority in the House Republicans that are causing and continuing this government shutdown.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Where else do you think they're gonna get the money from ... the rich corporations? Their cronies? Their own pockets?

Or printing presses. In Saudi Arabia the rulers don't need their people, when they want some money they just pump more oil.

In the US the rulers don't need the people or their taxes either, when they want some more money they just print it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join