It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Released: Doctors Report Thousands Of Japanese People With Nose Bleeds From Radiation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Iwinder

Thank you Iwinder, always helpful with the links... bookmarked

You are welcome and like I mentioned earlier they are pro and con regarding what is worse.
However no matter what, it is bad in Russia and it is bad in Japan.

At least we all agree that this is not good.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Human0815

intrptr
reply to post by Human0815

Regulatory limits and chronic doses are often given in units of mrem/yr or rem/yr,
where they are understood to represent the total amount of radiation allowed
(or received) over the entire year.

Nice disinfo...

You know damn well we are talking meters. They measure current levels of radiation. They don't measure "yearly dose limits" or "standards". But you already know that don't you?

No!

He wrote about mRem, so i asked: in a Hour, Day or in a Year
but maybe your Mind is that full of Hate that you cant read it

A few of my Geiger Counter measure in mRem/Hour only.

A dose of under 100 rad will typically produce no immediate symptoms other than blood changes. 100 to 200 rad delivered in less than a day will cause acute radiation syndrome, (ARS) but is usually not fatal. Doses of 200 to 1,000 rad delivered in a few hours will cause serious illness with poor outlook at the upper end of the range. Doses of more than 1,000 rad are almost invariably fatal.[2] The same dose given over a longer period of time is less likely to cause ARS. Dose thresholds are about 50% higher for dose rates of 20 rad/h, and even higher for lower dose rates

Wiki Source:

Edit/ Now i see, i didn/t read his answer before i made my second Posting
but this is not "Disinfo" just a misunderstanding!
edit on 8-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

--
I assumed you already knew what I was talking about seeing that I was measuring the Rad on the spot.
Of course we know about the yearly intake of Rad for a year.

I thought you were talking about the technique on how we measured it.

Just for the record, my unit measured the absorbed dose.
It is in Gy (unit of Gray)
cGy - centigray
Gy – Gray
uGy – microgray
Negligible risk factor is 1 cGy
We respond to nuclear attacks in a given area. But seeing as how nobody has been nuking each other, it's been quite a while that we actually used that form of measurement.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thanks for all your post's ,flags and stars!

I do take this seriously...yep I am a prepper to a degree.. worked at the pile 9/11 heard all the stuff...some terrorist events in my small time...shhhh! you saw nothing!
I have a geiger counter...but I check fish for readings,,,living in the north east is cool unless it is imported, but people on the west coast better be a checken !

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

He wrote about mRem, so i asked: in a Hour, Day or in a Year
but maybe your Mind is that full of Hate that you cant read it.

Emotion had nothing to do with it.He was using a meter to detect radiation on vehicles at a gate. milirem per year... lol. We were talking hand held meters in our conversation and you supplanted a wiki about cumulative doses. If you want that you use dosimeters, not detectors. Of course you dodged the challenge like you always do. You say...

A few of my Geiger Counter measure in mRem/Hour only.

Show me a meter that measures cumulative doses over a "year". Thats BS.
Everyone beware of Tepco planted disinformation on ATS Fukushima threads!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

At least we found a Solution

Misawa is really up north,
do you have a idea or knowledge how the Trucks came to your Base?

In the first days after the Tsunami only the Inland Route was available,
or do they even came from Hokkaido?

There are many Cars, Trucks and Machinery going to Russia,
only 0.12-0.20% are above the max. allowed Level (for 2012-13)

Media reports in early August cited information made available by Russia’s federal customer rights protection agency Rospotrebnadzor as saying that since the beginning of the year, Russian customs authorities have stopped 112 batch lots of contaminated goods, including 80 second-hand cars, 30 batches of spare parts, and two batches of watercraft and specialized equipment, from entering the country after the goods failed radiation tests.

Altogether this year, the agency has examined 135,706 batch lots of goods arriving from Japan for radiation safety, including 91,628 cars and 35,291 batches of spare parts, a statement from Rospotrebnadzor said, according to media reports.

Russian Source:

edit on 8-10-2013 by Human0815 because: Russian Source!

edit on 8-10-2013 by Human0815 because: numbers

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Does anyone know how to do a twitter activity search on nosebleeds to see if this is just contained to Japan or is it going on in California and other places?

I have done several normal internet searches and found none.

But the way the news operates now a days you never know?

It could be a Japanese TV trope:

tvtropes.org...

forums.animesuki.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It is sad if the radiation from Fukishima is truly affecting the citizens, but this is the result of human nature. We choose to play with fire, and get burnt. We'll keep getting burnt and burnt and even burn others in our own attempts to tame it, we'll know no bounds. And eventually that fire becomes ours, and now we carry it around nonchalantly in our pockets unaware of the labour and pain that lead to it.

The same goes for nuclear energy. We WILL master fusion, and we WILL make fission relatively safe (everything has a risk no matter how small). But it will take mistakes, and lives, and more mistakes, and more lives, and just like fire, one day it'll probably be just like a lighter to our offspring, normal everyday technology. It's sad and beautiful at the same time isn't it?

It's just a matter of time. I work for a nuclear engineering company and there are projects involving designing safety systems in case of a Fukishima style event or worse. Atleast the positive consequences of Fukishima are in motion as well, and we take another little leap towards 'perfection'.

We all suffer for causes we'll never understand, and through that give back to something we'll never know. If it wasn't meant to be like this, it wouldn't have been.
edit on 13-10-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join