It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Released: Doctors Report Thousands Of Japanese People With Nose Bleeds From Radiation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This makes me think back to that video from Chernobyl where the guy in charge is flying right over the spewing reactor.

Someone asks him "what is that light" , and he replies that is the light of death.

He and everyone on that helicopter died in very short time.

Google Chernobyl videos and enjoy the best prediction ever made about fate.

The situation in Japan is far far worse and nobody will deny that.

Link for those interested.
www.youtube.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In a new thread they are now looking for the world to help.. my opinion...Don't beg .it's to late you have screwed us all ..it will take time but it's there!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Iwinder
This makes me think back to that video from Chernobyl where the guy in charge is flying right over the spewing reactor.
Link for those interested.
www.youtube.com...

Regards, Iwinder

I disagree with your Statement that F'Shima is worse than Chernobyl
but the linked Video is part of the History of Mankind!

Domo'

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I disagree with your disagreement with my statement, I do however appreciate your comments.

Here a few links to browse regarding the two disasters.....

rt.com...

www.opednews.com...

enenews.com...

www.japanfocus.org...

www.democracynow.org...

www.bloomberg.com...

www.youtube.com...

fukushima-diary.com...

Some of the above sites argue in your favour and some argue that it is much worse.

Its always good to read both sides, I must warn though that some of the above sites are dated as far back as 2011 so take that into account.

Happy reading all.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
WTH! When is the Japanese government going to start telling their people the truth?!?

UMM why do people think there governments are honest and do you think they would tell you the truth when the earthquake was done intentionally.

They are there to control your mind nothing more, they are all controlled by criminal families these families call themselves illuminati although that title was abandoned in the 1770s as the german government discovered the protocols of zion plan and the plan to get the french royal family thrown out.

You must realise history is written backwards by the victors of the war, virtually all his-story means is exactly that just a story they are even changing history right now have a look at the auschwitz story where the real deal was a workcamp for the rockerfellers in there coal and steel mill, they have people so brainwashed about the fictional figure that 6 million jews died that people dont realise the figure started at about 18 million jews but when people realised there were only 12 million jews on the planet the figure started creeping down yes jews were exterminated by other jews 2.5 million according to a geman general. The rocker family used the cheap labor for their workcamps the rothschilds supplied the gas for the chambers through the bayer company

Just have a look at winston churchill the grandson of an american banker and cousins with prescott bush the guy who funded hitler with rotshchild and rockerfeller money to start ww2 to be able to gain control of englands empire take their gold and get israel in place to be able to destabalise the middle east.

when the media and government control what you think and you don't go and search for the truth i guess people will always assume the governments are honest.

The earthquakes date was put into the japanese football scores the week before the quake you have to read it in chronological and alphabetical order that is if you want to wake up. then you will see the world for what it really is its called taking the blue pill :-)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just when I thought by now it would be better and dispersed into the vast ocean and atmosphere blowing towards USA!

So, are there any such mass symptoms in Hawaii, Alaska, and or mainland USA? As it is, seems like so many people are being diagnosed with cancer these days, and even dying despite chemo!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

nighthawk1954
When is the Japanese government going to start telling their people the truth?!?

About the same time they avow responsibility and apologise for their wartime atrocities, like Nanjing...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i get nosebleeds every October/November... damn weather!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Arnie123

I may not agree so much with you on other issues but thanks for the info on the radiation monitoring.

The Hot spots were the grill, tires and wheel wells. Pretty much the entire front of the vehicle.
We did get some pretty huge hits though and were told to back up...

Can you remember what reading "pretty huge" was, by any chance? That and the date would be interesting to others I am sure.

--
We sure don't agree on a lot of stuff, but when it comes to something that threatens the human condition, I'll be more then willingly to cast our differences aside and help you out on any information you are seeking!

Most readings were under a hundred, but we would get some hits at 300-400 Mrems, a couple of times we got hits in the 700-800 Mrems, those were the ones were told to stand back, the strange part about it was that when some AF Colonel Health advisor came, he continued to assure us that we were not in any immediate danger and that we shouldn't don our protective gear, needless to say, my PLT SRGT said, with respect, to hell with you and told us to don our gear.

I can't exactly remember those dates, but we arrived about a good month after it went down, ACTUALLY now that I think about it, the dates on when we deployed there are on my ERB, but the actual dates of when the readings were take have all been taken by the AF, every bit of it.

But in case your looking for some closure, then yes, A LOT of those vehicles had some fairly large readings, a lot of them a little above you average X ray, others hitting 200-300, about half your yearly average....But, if some were getting pretty close to 1 Rem, then that's huge! as an average does is around 500-600 Mrem.

I like to make note that we worked everyday, I MEAN EVERY SINGLE DAY, I would have to say that everyday we didn't don our protective gear, I would guess we were getting exposed to Rad on a daily basis, some days a third our yearly average, others about half.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Arnie123

Most readings were under a hundred, but we would get some hits at 300-400 Mrems, a couple of times we got hits in the 700-800 Mrems, those were the ones were told to stand back, the strange part about it was that when some AF Colonel Health advisor came, he continued to assure us that we were not in any immediate danger and that we shouldn't don our protective gear, needless to say, my PLT SRGT said, with respect, to hell with you and told us to don our gear.
//////
But in case your looking for some closure, then yes, A LOT of those vehicles had some fairly large readings, a lot of them a little above you average X ray, others hitting 200-300, about half your yearly average....But, if some were getting pretty close to 1 Rem, then that's huge! as an average does is around 500-600 Mrem.

300-400mRems in a Hour, Day or what ever?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Human0815

Arnie123

//////

300-400mRems in a Hour, Day or what ever?

--
In an hour? Do you understand how to measure Rad? let me explain, we use a device, which measure in Rem. We place this "Waffle" tool over an area about 1 to 2 inches, moving very slowly, while watching the readings go up or down, the strongest indications are readings that SHOOT way up, we stop, go over the area again, trying to localize the point, then we let the "Waffle" sit on the effected area and let it read till the numbers average out.

Everyday. We measure supply trucks as we worked the gate that brings in supplies to the base. Food, Magazines, Medicine, Entertainment.

Every truck that came through we measured. We called the higher up cells when we hit 100 mrem, the cell would determine of the truck was safe to move on it...they ALWAYS LET THEM IN, prolly due to demand and the fact they were receiving a lot of calls as a lot of the readings were also averaging about 149-180 mrem. I distinctly remember 149...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thanks Arnie123...

That is I presume per hour. Off the wheels, grills and wheel wells of vehicles you used to patrol. That is huge like you say. A Rem is a lethal dose if exposed to it for an hour. That means you would have to stick your head in that wheel well for an hour to receive that kind of dose. Or dig a fox hole and sleep in it. Or eat or breathe some of that contaminated dirt where it settles into your bones and irradiates them for some time in order to give rise to cancer.

You can probably account for that high of a reading on the vehicles because the parts of them in contact with the ground accumulate that much contamination from driving around, kicking up dust in convoys, whatever.

If the high levels were found on the top of the vehicles I would say they were out in the environment when the stuff rained down, but since it is only on the lower parts that means you drove around on ground that was contaminated and the tires picked it up in the mud or soil. So it was on the ground where ever those vehicles operated already and only in the air to be breathed if they are open top for instance, or if work was done on that same soil by unprotected airmen who stirred up the soil or on a windy, dusty day, etc.

To find out, you could get a whole body dose survey with a scintillator (expensive) to see how much of that you accumulated inside. That could be covered by the military under certain circumstances. Check with others in your deployment to see where they are at. The important thing is that kind of testing not only shows how much contamination you received but also what types of nuclides and isotopes are involved. Whereas your average meter detects "radiation" but not what kind or the source. Alpha emitters are really hard to detect in the body without a scintillator.

I like to make note that we worked everyday, I MEAN EVERY SINGLE DAY, I would have to say that everyday we didn't don our protective gear, I would guess we were getting exposed to Rad on a daily basis, some days a third our yearly average, others about half.

Depending on the type of work and the duration during differing weather conditions that could be a problem. You might be aware of any radiation sickness others experienced. We know now that it was covered up about the extent and intensity of initial radiation plumes from the plant. There are a lot of factors, you say you were there a month after, that is better than being there during or right after. You heard the reports about the helicopters on the aircraft carrier being dumped overboard for their intake cowlings being contaminated? Unless you joy ride open jeeps with others on hot dusty days or were digging trenches or 'washing' aircraft by hand...

I don't know if you have sought medical advice, but I would to be sure. You were there after all.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thank you Iwinder, always helpful with the links... bookmarked

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

intrptr

Thanks Arnie123...

That is I presume per hour. Off the wheels, grills and wheel wells of vehicles you used to patrol. That is huge like you say. A Rem is a lethal dose if exposed to it for an hour. That means you would have to stick your head in that wheel well for an hour to receive that kind of dose. Or dig a fox hole and sleep in it. Or eat or breathe some of that contaminated dirt where it settles into your bones and irradiates them for some time in order to give rise to cancer.

You can probably account for that high of a reading on the vehicles because the parts of them in contact with the ground accumulate that much contamination from driving around, kicking up dust in convoys, whatever.

If the high levels were found on the top of the vehicles I would say they were out in the environment when the stuff rained down, but since it is only on the lower parts that means you drove around on ground that was contaminated and the tires picked it up in the mud or soil. So it was on the ground where ever those vehicles operated already and only in the air to be breathed if they are open top for instance, or if work was done on that same soil by unprotected airmen who stirred up the soil or on a windy, dusty day, etc.

To find out, you could get a whole body dose survey with a scintillator (expensive) to see how much of that you accumulated inside. That could be covered by the military under certain circumstances. Check with others in your deployment to see where they are at. The important thing is that kind of testing not only shows how much contamination you received but also what types of nuclides and isotopes are involved. Whereas your average meter detects "radiation" but not what kind or the source. Alpha emitters are really hard to detect in the body without a scintillator.

Depending on the type of work and the duration during differing weather conditions that could be a problem. You might be aware of any radiation sickness others experienced. We know now that it was covered up about the extent and intensity of initial radiation plumes from the plant. There are a lot of factors, you say you were there a month after, that is better than being there during or right after. You heard the reports about the helicopters on the aircraft carrier being dumped overboard for their intake cowlings being contaminated? Unless you joy ride open jeeps with others on hot dusty days or were digging trenches or 'washing' aircraft by hand...

I don't know if you have sought medical advice, but I would to be sure. You were there after all.

--
That is interesting that you brought that up on the helicopters. I don't know if you were aware, but the navy as well as the AF currently had ZERO TTP'S or ANYTHING in regards on how to handle the rad those helicopters were accumulating. I honestly didn't think they would just "Dump" them over.
The AF were building Protocols and Procedure's as they went along with trying to assess the situation, integrating, erasing, re-writing...I was working at the gate with supply vehicles, the other team with us working at the airstrip, they didn't see as much action then us, but the AF guys would talk about the helicopters all the time.

Also, in case nobody brought this up in the thread, the entire base was set up to handle MASS CASS, they had entire building's with Cots and supplies, they really honestly expected their to be a panic and a rush of irradiated people.
We had empty hangers with lanes set up for personnel wash-down and re-issue. A lot of the families of the base were flown out on C-130's an C-17s.
These guys were prepared for a mass exodus.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

There is this other video also showing that first flight over the reactor. In this one we see the orange flames and at the end we hear the "scream" of the geiger counter they brought with them. They were being heavy dosed even flying over the plant (and they knew it). Brave lads. RIP...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That is interesting that you brought that up on the helicopters. I don't know if you were aware, but the navy as well as the AF currently had ZERO TTP'S or ANYTHING in regards on how to handle the rad those helicopters were accumulating. I honestly didn't think they would just "Dump" them over.

My understanding of why they pitched them at the time is two fold. First was any decon on deck risked contaminating the deck of the ship. They didn't yet have procedures for that like you said.

The other reason is that the crew compartment is fed compressed air from the engines and that air is breathed direct by the crew. That plumbing system was contaminated to the point they decided to jettison the birds rather than use them or (god forbid) keep them on board. Best expedient solution at the time.

I could be mistaken of course but that was the scuttlebutt at the time from other websites right after the event.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Found this one...

www.japanfocus.org...

Sebourn tracked varying radiation levels in units called Corrected Counts Per Minute on their electronic detectors.

---

“Normal outside radiation exposure is between five and 10 CCPM,” he said. “And that’s from the sun. At Atsugi, the background readings were between 200 and 300 CCPM in the air. It was all over. The water was radiated. The ground was radiated. The air was radiated. “The rule was if there was anything over a count of 500 you needed special gloves. Over 1,000 CCPM and you needed a Tyvek radiation suit. And if it was over 5,000 you needed an entire outfit – suit, respirator, goggles, and two sets of gloves.

---

You couldn’t put a contaminated radiator back into the helicopters – they had to be replaced. I remember pulling out a radiator and it read 60,000 CCPM.”

Theres stuff in there about the land operations too.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The conventional units for dose rate is mrem/h.
Regulatory limits and chronic doses are often given in units of mrem/yr or rem/yr,
where they are understood to represent the total amount of radiation allowed
(or received) over the entire year.

Wiki-Source:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Regulatory limits and chronic doses are often given in units of mrem/yr or rem/yr,

Nice disinfo...

You know damn well we are talking meters. They measure current levels of radiation. They don't measure "yearly dose limits" or "standards". But you already know that don't you?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Human0815

Nice disinfo...

You know damn well we are talking meters. They measure current levels of radiation. They don't measure "yearly dose limits" or "standards". But you already know that don't you?

No!

He wrote about mRem, so i asked: in a Hour, Day or in a Year
but maybe your Mind is that full of Hate that you cant read it

A few of my Geiger Counter measure in mRem/Hour only.

A dose of under 100 rad will typically produce no immediate symptoms other than blood changes. 100 to 200 rad delivered in less than a day will cause acute radiation syndrome, (ARS) but is usually not fatal. Doses of 200 to 1,000 rad delivered in a few hours will cause serious illness with poor outlook at the upper end of the range. Doses of more than 1,000 rad are almost invariably fatal.[2] The same dose given over a longer period of time is less likely to cause ARS. Dose thresholds are about 50% higher for dose rates of 20 rad/h, and even higher for lower dose rates

Wiki Source:

Edit/ Now i see, i didn/t read his answer before i made my second Posting
but this is not "Disinfo" just a misunderstanding!
edit on 8-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join