It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Tasty Little Morsels of Light

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

It's hardly worth asking, since I'm pretty sure you haven't a clue what the answer is, but: in exactly what text do the words ‘A serpent lies coiled in the Great Pyramid’ appear?

Come on. Prove you actually know what you're talking about and aren't just parroting nonsense from the internet.

edit on 5/10/13 by Astyanax because: of psittacosis.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Ok... lets discuss this

‘A serpent lies coiled in the Great Pyramid’

I am referencing words from a site that I linked. When the subject
fascinated me... off i went reading as much material as I could find.

The replication shows the relation of the rainbow serpent = coiled serpent rising

So its not a text that proves a coiled serpent in the Great Pyramid.
It is the replication. To indeed prove that the pyramid's rainbow
serpent generated this shadow effect of the letters I would
(or someone else) have to re-create the effect by building my own
scale model.

:-)
leolady

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I'm sorry, that won't do. Your entire argument is based on that quote.

If the 'ancients' (which ones) didn't say what you say they did, the whole premise is false.

Your thread stands or falls according to whether or not you can prove someone actually said that. Oh, the dimwits and wannabelievers will embrace any old rubbish posted here anyway, but they don't really count, do they? It's the doubters you have to convince, or else you've failed.

Come on now, it can't be that hard. If some ancient text source really exists for that statement, in any language on the planet, it would certainly have been translated into English and it will be on the internet. If you can't find a reference for it, then it didn't happen.

Your choice. Thread fail or prove your point.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Hey Astyanax

Ok... I am not trying to provide a "text" where the ancients made such claims.

I am proposing a very interesting morsel of information I found while reading up
on the "coiled serpent" while I was reading up on this image I saw in the thread
posted a few weeks ago. It was absolutely fascinating to this mind of mine... lol

I do not imply that the ancients said anything. The pyramid
could have been a record left behind... that they perhaps already new of these little
juicy morsels and left a record for us to see with our eyes. & I wanted to know
what everyone (including your wonderful mind) thought about it. I really
appreciate your input b/c when you post such things it points me in directions
I may otherwise not have pondered... and that my dear would be a
tragedy in its self.

I am currently looking for more information to post... b/c this is a morsel
that just won't melt for some reason... my mind is holding onto it... savoring
it if u will ?

enjoy
leolady

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Made me think of this and the possibilities - they have recently been binding photons into molecules.
If you were to do that to the "Rainbow Serpant"...hmmm....
phys.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There is reference in the Egyptian Book of The Dead

The Book of the Dead identifies the Bennu Bird with Khepra, and the crystal benben.
In the 83rd chapter, which provides a curious formula for enabling the deceased to take
the form of the Bennu, the bird was made to say: ‘I came into being from unformed matter,
I came into existence with the god Khepra; I am the germs of every god’.
‘A serpent lies coiled in the Great Pyramid’.

The Priesthood knowledge appears to directly reference the known existence of an invisible
spiral force operating within the confines of the Great Pyramid, precisely in the same manner
as the spiral of visible light was seen in the Benben.

lunaticoutpost.com...

From The Egyptian Book of the Dead, Chapter 83

This chapter is among the Formulae for assuming the shape of a divine being animal, or bird. The following version is from that found in Papyrus Cairo 2512, an Eighteenth Dynasty manuscript.

r n irt xprw m bnw
pA.n.i m pAwty xpr.n.i m xpri
rwd.i m rwdw StAn.i m Stw
ink dqA n nTrw nbw
ink sf pn sdw arwt psdt ipn xprw imnty
sHD Hr m-drt mtr.f r stX
DHwty imywt.sn m wpwt.s twy
xnty xm Hna bAw iwnw
mw nw mw imywt.sn
ii.n.i m hrw xa.kwi m nTrw
ink xnsw dndn nbw

Formula for taking the form of the benu-bird

I have flown up as the primeval one, and become Khepri,
I am grown as a plant, I am sheltered as a turtle
I am the fruit for all the gods
Mine is this yesterday of the tails of cobras, that Ennead, beings of the West
Whom Horus has illumined by his hand, Who witnesses against Seth
The Thoth among them in this their mission
Foremost of Khem with the powers of Iunu
Water of the water between them
I am come by day, arisen from the gods
I am Khons who fights the masters

www.digitalegypt.ucl.ac.uk...

The Forbidden Letters

'No one can really doubt that the amount of information that can be gained
from closely studying the Great Pyramid and its location – even if much of this
information was intentionally encoded or not – is indeed so mind-boggling, that
one could be forgiven for thinking that ‘God’ or some ‘higher intelligence’ not
constrained by the laws of our reality had built it, saying: “There you go, all the
information you need to know about you and your reality is all stored within
this monument – find it and use it!” -'[Gary Osborn with Philip Gardiner]

Since the publication of the Forbidden Letters it is understood 'that the macrocosmic
capstone of a pyramid, the pyramidion, symbolizes the microcosmic Benben-stone,
a.k.a. the Grail, or Philosopher's Stone: the agent to the alchemical fire of
Kundalini.'[de Beauregard]*)

[ *) A capstone, who, in Carthago, was 'almost without exception shown in combination
with a caduceus.'[ Reuter] ]

It is highly unlikely though that the people of ancient Egypt knew this too, although
the priests might have. Von Mosheim for instance says that the Egyptian priests had
a sacred code of their own 'founded on very different principles from those which
characterized the popular religion, and it was studiously concealed from the curiosity
of the public by wrapping it up in characters the meaning and power of which were only
known to themselves.'[Von Mosheim/Vol. I,21]

But, as said, the people would concentrate on the macrocosmic version of that stone,
in other words: on the symbol. A symbol believed to be made of star-material.

'At some point in time the Benben sat in a temple. The Sumerians had great plans
for stealing it and even constructed a very expensive temple to house it. Their king
was told by god to make this temple as strong as the "House of the Serpent," an old
mystery school name for the Great Pyramid.'[Tony Bushby]

But wait a minute? Why was the Great Pyramid called "House of the Serpent?" Because,
according to Bushby, ancient Egyptian priests maintained that, "a serpent lies coiled in
the Great Pyramid." [Bushby] Just like the Kundalini-serpent lies coiled in the human body
till it is driven out by the 'unnatural fire' or ignis innaturalis of Alchemy - the fire of Kundalini:

'The words 'stone (producing) kundalini' (...) imply the exit of the serpent through the spine.
It is driven out by that fire.'[The Paris 4]

www.world-mysteries.com...

information from Tony Bushby's: The Secret in the Bible

From the eye wittness accounts of the Benben, it would appear that it was a see-through crystal, probably in the shape of a miniature pyramid, and it became illuminated by the sun - revealing the 7 colors seen in a rainbow or crystal when light is refracted. The colors formed a twisty band of light starting at about mid-point in the Benben and ending at the top. This spiral of color was known as the Rainbow Serpent, and was remembered by Austalian Aboriginal people by a wooden staff with two multi-colored serpents, called the Sky-Serpent, twisting around it, like the brazen staff of Moses. The aboriginal people (of Oz or possibly New Zealand, I forget) maintian in their oral traditions that their ancestors were the people who built the pyramids. (Some ancient Australia and Egypt connections here.)
Egyptian Book of the Dead,
Hail, shining one, above the temple of the Gods in visible form... swirling above the white Temple in the sand.

Book of Enoch,
...and he drew nigh to the large structure which was built of crystal... and containing tongues of flame... and the aslant walls of the structure were covered with a tessellated flow of crystal... and it's base was of crystal.

thestygianport.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

What a lot of old cobblers..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Well done! Not for having found the phrase (you haven't) but by having the gumption, unlike most believers, to test your beliefs against verifiable fact.

Having done so, do you believe the fact is proved? Stripped of all the mumbo-jumbo commentary, here is the actual translation of Chapter 83 of the Egyptian Book of the Dead:

Formula for taking the form of the benu-bird

I have flown up as the primeval one, and become Khepri,
I am grown as a plant, I am sheltered as a turtle
I am the fruit for all the gods
Mine is this yesterday of the tails of cobras, that Ennead, beings of the West
Whom Horus has illumined by his hand, Who witnesses against Seth
The Thoth among them in this their mission
Foremost of Khem with the powers of Iunu
Water of the water between them
I am come by day, arisen from the gods
I am Khons who fights the masters

As we can easily see, there is no reference to coiled serpents or the Great Pyramid. There is a reference to the tails of cobras, yes, but nothing more. Horus is the Sun God.

So it seems there is no line in the Book of the Dead saying 'a serpent lies coiled in the Great Pyramid'.

But do not despair! There are many different versions of what has come to be called the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Keep looking, and maybe you will find what you seek.

Maybe...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I did a little digging on where this "A serpent in the pyramid" quote is originating from: www.joshuabooks.com...

While I think its pretty indisputable the correlation of the shadows show and that the ancient builders and egyptians knew of the effect, I can not pin down any verifiable source where in original or even greek texts "A serpent in the great pyramid" is actually stated in an original source.

Why was the Great Pyramid called "House of the Serpent?" Because, according to Bushby, ancient Egyptian priests maintained that, "a serpent lies coiled in the Great Pyramid."[Bushby]

'The serpent, enclosed in a pyramid, is taken from a gem figured in Matter's "Histoire Critique du Gnosticism" (II, 13, figure 2/Author's note). It is there said to be the Agathodaimon - Christos, with the seven sons of Sophia (wisdom), the seven planetary genii.'[Staniland Wake, 1987:v]

'Erik Hornung ensures us that the earliest direct teachings from Egypt on alchemy are all in Greek and stem from the second century BC: "Corresponding Egyptian texts are as yet unknown, but the Greek texts make frequent mention of Egyptian deities, especially Isis, Osiris and Horus." - '[Guido Popp on the Forbidden Letters]

It is by now well known that when a light is shone down upon a glass pyramidal structure of the same angles and ratio as the Great Pyramid, a spectacular spiral or swirl of light resembling a serpent standing upright upon it’s tail is seen.
That beautiful, proportionate shape is in the seven colours of the rainbow, and it’s highest point disappears out of the top of the apex in an ever decreasing spiral.

This shape was present within the Benben of the Great Pyramid, and the ancient Egyptians called this shape Khepra – to them, it was God.

“Whenever a light is shone down into a glass pyramid in exact scale or proportion as the Great Pyramid, a ‘Rainbow Serpent’ is created. The light provides a type of force or energy that, in turn, creates the vertical spiral of light, a serpent upraised, invisible in rock, but visible in a clear substance.
That is what the Ancient Egyptian Priesthood meant when they said, ‘A serpent lies coiled in the Great Pyramid’.”

“The Priesthood knowledge appears to directly reference the known existence of an invisible spiral force operating within the confines of the Great Pyramid, precisely in the same manner as the spiral of visible light was seen in the Benben. That explains exactly what the Benben originally was, but much larger; It was a clear pyramidal structure acting as a focal point to gather in, convert and distribute light from the sun into energy, and project it’s force deep into the heart of the Pyramid.”

“It appears the Benben was primarily intended as a type of amplifying principle to activate power into the specially designed chambers and passageways in the structure below. With the sun shining down upon it, a huge Rainbow Serpent was created and could be seen from miles away.

Since the pyramid form was the only method to generate (or create) the Rainbow Serpent, the serpent became the symbolic form of initiates.

The Book of the Dead said initiates into the Egyptian Mysteries entered ‘a serpent’ in which they ‘shed their skin’ and emerged ‘in the form of a resurrected RA, bright and shiny’. That is the fundamental nature of the initiatory process…”

The ‘Book of God’, which was found by Hilkiah around 400BC, contained coloured illustrations or depictions and precisely described the Rainbow Serpent:

‘One of it’s illustrations represents the Divine Essence… like a luminous serpent proceeding up to form a circle, and then having attained the highest point of it’s circumference, the ineffable Glory bends back down again.’

The ancient description suggests the Rainbow Serpent being in a double helix format, like a DNA strand.

“The ancients looked upon the spiral image in the Benben as ‘a Serpent occupied by a god’ and they called it Khepra. The oldest writings known to mankind today make constant references to it’s existence and thousands of people over many centuries were recorded to have eye-witnessed the Phenomena.
However, there is more to that fascinating spiral of coloured light than is imagined and it’s visual presence on top of the Great Pyramid was only it’s Earthly (exoteric) garment. There was also an esoteric nature to Khepra and that aspect raises the fundamental nature of the Bible to a stunning new level.”

This feels a lot like Stichen, a lot of people making claims and sayings it's there, but no one actually able to show the original source.

i guess the next question is, Do we care? If an effect is provable, and referenced (indirectly) in many many texts, that much we can prove, then does it even matter if someone took some liberty in taking some summaries and turning it into a quote, beyond they themselves showing they are an unreliable source?
edit on 7-10-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In all honesty, seeing shapes in this jumbled pattern of lines/light is akin to seeing faces appear in pictures of smoke. We have a tendency to make associations were none actually exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

In all honesty, seeing shapes in this jumbled pattern of lines/light is akin to seeing faces appear in pictures of smoke. We have a tendency to make associations were none actually exist.

You have to admit, it's an intriguing subject.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

As a fanciful curiosity factor, yes. As a matter of logic, not so much.

Although, I will readily admit to cloud watching with my children and their wonderful imaginations.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

As a fanciful curiosity factor, yes. As a matter of logic, not so much.

Concerning yourself exclusively with logic is an excellent way of stunting your education. Einstein himself declared that imagination is more important than knowledge.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Imagination is a wonderful thing and many consider it to the cornerstone to genius. Just because one can discern shapes and images within clouds, smoke and in this instance patterns of light does not mean it is an actual mystical representation of some alphabet.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Imagination is a wonderful thing and many consider it to the cornerstone to genius. Just because one can discern shapes and images within clouds, smoke and in this instance patterns of light does not mean it is an actual mystical representation of some alphabet.

By itself, no. But I do believe Nassim Haramein has some videos on Youtube explaining exactly how it is relevant to much bigger and more significant mysteries. This "Rainbow Serpent" is but a small piece of the puzzle.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As any student of "the beginnings" (the oral tradition of the Egyptian mysteries) knows...3 1/2 turns refers to 1/2 of a great cycle of astronomical precession of the equinoxes. There are 7 pole stars and earth wobbles.... That's also the (corrupted) basis of the 7 chakras and the number 7 mania all throughout mysticism and religion. Study Gerald Massey or a good commentary. People were slaughtered in droves for millenia to keep this 'secret'.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Great find... I have studied the use of glass and crystals as decoders throughout the ancient world, particularly Meso-America where they made many of their great reliefs as "transformers" when viewed through certain types crystal mirrors or lenses. Thanks for this tasty new morsel.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Amazing food for thought! Kudos!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I found some more juicy details about the Hebrew Letters.
Every heard of a tonoscope? It is used for cymantics.

Defintion of Tonoscope:

an apparatus for rendering sound visible by registering the vibrations on a screen

So a gentleman by the name of Dr Jenny did some experiments with the tonoscope while sounding the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet

In his research with the tonoscope, Jenny noticed that when the vowels of the ancient internal languages of Hebrew and Sanskrit were pronounced, the sand took the shape of the written symbols for these vowels, while our modern languages, on the other hand, did not generate the same result. How is this possible? Did the ancient Hebrews and Indians know this? Is there something to the concept of "sacred language," which both of these are sometimes called? What qualities do these "sacred languages," among which Tibetan, Egyptian and Chinese are often numbered, possess? Do they have the power to influence and transform physical reality, to create things through their inherent power, or, to take a concrete example, through the recitation or singing of sacred texts, to heal a person who has gone "out of tune"?

Dr. Jenny Cymatics:
"Amongst his more amazing findings was the discovery that when AUM is sounded the shape produced is that of the ancient symbol for AUM (the Sri Yantra). This suggests that the ancients knew something! Perhaps when sounding in meditation, the vibration created the form in their minds. Hebrew, Sanskrit, Egyptian and Tibetan are generally considered to be sacred languages, that have the power of shaping reality. This suggests that by sounding sacred texts, by singing sacred vowels, our cells resonate into a more coherent shape, in which our energies are synchronised with those of God / Universe / Source."

So now we have two equally interesting and amazing (in my opinion) claims about the Hebrew
Alphabet.

Here is a video of chants being done in the Great Pyramid (so the video claims)
showing the shapes that are formed as they are chanting. Could the pyramids
and other structures have been used for sound vibration for some purpose ?
Did they sound out the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet in the pyramids to create
some type of visual and or vibrational effect ? Who knows...

enjoy

leolady
edit on 9-10-2013 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

So now we have two equally interesting and amazing (in my opinion) claims about the Hebrew
Alphabet.

Both interesting and amazing. One may even call them incredible, maybe even extraordinary. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I'm assuming you're going to provide some kind of evidence for these claims other than second quotes about what someone witnessed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join