It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proven Life from Outer space ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hello all, from what I am aware we have not had any proof whatsoever that any form of life including microscopic life like bacteria exists, officially / publicly anyway, would I be right in thinking this ?

If this is in fact the case after watching a recent TV program on the red rain that fell in India that when tested it showed to contain which looked like blood cells, after closer examination they were found to be live cells and the interesting thing stated was that they did not contain dna strings which every living thing on this planet has, these results were sent to Nasa who apparently did not want to know ?
It was thought tons of liquid containing these cells were released after a meteor hit.

I am so curious why this story is not breaking News in its own right and does not proof life is out there?

Thanks all
mrix
edit on 5-10-2013 by mrixxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mrixxx

I am so curious why this story is not breaking News

Because it's not new it happened in 2001 , there are several threads devoted to the red rain phenomena although it seems no conclusion has been reached .
Here's a couple of clips from a Horizon documentary on the rain .

Here's a thread by mikesingh on the red rain .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are reports from the same area of red rainfall from 2006 and last year so I guess that casts significant doubt on the theory that the red rain was caused by a meteorite exploding in the atmosphere .
Weird red rain in India panics people . . . ‘blood red’ rain falls

The fact that this has happened on more than one occasion suggests that the Indian Governments conclusion that the rain was as a result of airborne spores from locally prolific terrestrial algae is most likely the correct one .

edit on 5-10-2013 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Although these are bold claims, still worth a read:

link

And when you see Hubbles picture like the one below, you just know we're not alone

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

these results were sent to Nasa who apparently did not want to know ?

It always amazes me why NASA has to get involved in all of this . As if their own researchers don't have the capability to pronounce of what they have found is in fact is the truth?

And that the US government has to be the one who tells the world that extraterrestrial life exist outside or inside our solar system because if not this whole thing about ET's isn't legit.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

skyblueworld

And when you see Hubbles picture like the one below, you just know we're not alone

No, I don't "know" that.

What i DO know is that pictures like that make people ASSUME we are not alone.

There also exists the possibility that we are unique in this experience we call "life".

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

There also exists the possibility that we are unique in this experience we call "life".

But that possibility is so infinitesimally small as to be incalculable , the likelihood in my opinion is we are not even the only place in our own Solar System where life exists or started yet alone the Galaxy or Universe , if that's the case then our Galaxy is likely host to a myriad of life forms ... of course that's just my opinion .

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mrixxx

Rain doesnt come from space , it comes from inside our own atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
"f this is in fact the case after watching a recent TV program on the red rain that fell in India that when tested it showed to contain which looked like blood cells, after closer examination they were found to be live cells and the interesting thing stated was that they did not contain DNA"

It is becoming more and more widely accepted in the Scientific community that "Panspermia" was how the earth MAY have first been populated carrying the building blocks of life throughout the cosmos.

These basic building blocks are though to have come together to form RNA which is a precursor to DNA and the rest is history as they say.

It is however, entirely possible that there are forms of life in a cosmos as vast and diverse as ours that is made differently (just because we've never seen something doesn't mean it's not there).

I'm not claiming Alien rain just for the record. These other biosphere's may well exist right here very subtly.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

It is becoming more and more widely accepted in the Scientific community that "Panspermia" was how the earth MAY have first been populated carrying the building blocks of life throughout the cosmos

Panspermia is not only possible it is now being theorized that it may have occurred between Mars and Earth and may have been the catalyst for life on this planet , Panspermia between star systems is a bit more difficult but non the less possible if the stars are part of a star cluster .

The Sun’s birth cluster -- assumed to be roughly the same age as the Earth’s solar system -- slowly broke apart when the Solar System was approximately 135 million to 535 million years old, Moro-Martín said. In addition, the Sun could have been ripe for weak transfer up to 700 million years after the Solar System formed.

So, if life arose on Earth shortly after surface water was available, there were possibly about 400 million years when life could have journeyed from the Earth to another habitable world, and vice versa, the researchers report. If life had an early start in other planetary systems and developed before the Sun’s birth cluster dispersed, life on Earth may have originated beyond our solar system
www.astrobio.net...

Unfortunately the Indian red rain isn't evidence of Panspermia , it seems the cells are very terrestrial and are actually spores .

The color was found to be due to the presence of a large amount of spores of a lichen-forming alga belonging to the genus Trentepohlia. Field verification showed that the region had plenty of such lichens. Samples of lichen taken from Changanacherry area, when cultured in an algal growth medium, also showed the presence of the same species of algae. Both samples (from rainwater and from trees) produced the same kind of algae, indicating that the spores seen in the rainwater most probably came from local sources.
Red Rain of Kerala

So perhaps life started elsewhere in our celestial neighborhood and arrived at a young Mars then transported to Earth after it took hold as its believed that mars was a more hospitable place for life than Earth in the early days of the Solar System . If that is the case then life if likely widespread throughout our Galaxy and the Universe .

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Correct!
Both extremes imply a level of certainty that doesn't exist. It doesn't really matter what we believe, we're unlikely to be proved wrong!

edit on 6-10-2013 by skyblueworld because: wrong word.

new topics

top topics

join