It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Major James McDivitt UFO Discovered In 1965 Gemini NASA Photo Archive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I see no sources for the allegation that this image was taken by James McDivitt.

I am least competent at image processing of anybody on my team and it only took me 5 minutes to figure it out.

If you rotate the image by 90 degrees to the right and zoom it in by 1 click it is pretty easy to see what the 'object' really is.

Rotated Image -

pbs.twimg.com...

None of the guesses in this thread are correct so far.

edit on 4-12-2022 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
No guesses eh?

I recognized this right away since I go out and grab ahold of one of these every morning.

It is a chrome door handle on a Dodge Caravan Van (or Chrysler same thing).

In the rotated image I provided you can see blue sky in the upper left and a SUV facing right just below it.

On the right you can see the rear of a van facing the camera. You can also see a few people standing around.

Someone just photoshopped a chrome door handle on top of a high altitude image and that is all.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: A51Watcher

Someone just photoshopped a chrome door handle on top of a high altitude image and that is all.

I think it far more likely that one of the other possible artefacts already raised in this thread looks somewhat similar to a chrome door handle.

Also I don't think Dodge Caravan Vans were around in 1965, or photoshop come to that.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chunder

Which indicates any alleged chain of custody of the image is bogus.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiogenesTheDog
I concur with the posters above that this image appears to be artefact. I'm curious how it came to be associated with James McDivitt, however.

Diogenes

Maybe he was one of the first hoaxers of the modern era? Is he alive and able to be questioned?

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Found this….McDivitt says a lot

Gemini 4/Astronaut James McDivitt sighting of cylindrical object in space

a small excerpt from the link above…

…..”We had two cameras that were just floating in the spacecraft at the time, so I grabbed one and took a picture of (the object) and grabbed the other and took a picture. Then I turned on the rocket control systems because I was afraid we might hit it. At the time, we were drifting - without checking, I have no idea which way we were going - but as we drifted up a little farther, the sun shone on the window of the spacecraft. The windshield was dirty - just like in an automobile, you can't see through it. So I had the rocket control engines going again and moved the spacecraft so that the window was in darkness again - the object was gone.”…..

👽
edit on 7-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

Apart from it being a Gemini 4 image? Only two people could have taken it.

I see no sources for your allegation that it's been photoshopped in rather than it just being a fault on the negative.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Source: Gemini Program Galleries

Gemini IV ….McDivitt ….Two cameras used……

So far this picture from NASA has made the web rounds

In this second picture from the Gemini IV NASA images, rarely discussed that I know of…

There’s 4 anomalies starting with a piece of one top left hand edge of image ….and then the 2 what might be halves…that appear to be perpendicular to each other with a black circular anomaly in front ….

Strange indeed… judge for yourself.

Hey ArMaP and or OneBigMonkeyToo….your input would be appreciated…..artifacts? Or legit objects?

Jimmy Oberg….how about your 2 cents?

McDivitt describes what he saw was white in color and cylindrical in shape….in the widely known picture. White in color…not so much…cylindrical in shape…somewhat.

McDivitt has no description or mentioning’s of the second picture…at least that I know of.

👽
edit on 8-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Confused.

Interview with the UFO of concern

Gemini IV astronaut James McDivitt talks about his UFO sighting in space, June 4, 1965

m.youtube.com...

Paraphrasing from the video. Looked like an upper stage of rocket. The image wasn’t in focus enough to identify it..

edit on 8-12-2022 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2022 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
June 4, 1965, second day of the 4-day orbital mission, Gemini-4, astronaut McDivitt reports an unusual object outside his window that quickly enters the UFO canon of ‘top sightings’. With a few decades of hindsight, here’s McDivitt’s assessment [spoiler alert, not aliens].
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The bottom one of the two perpendicular anomalies is a chromed wing mirror from a Mk 6 VW Golf shot in profile and photoshopped into the original, I suspect as part of a nefarious sub-liminal marketing campaign. Owners of said vehicles may wish to take (further) legal advice.

I think the top one may be from a Mk 2 Ford Capri but that seems like a strange collaboration as would expect it to be another VAG model so could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

OK J.O……I can see this explanation as a possibility given the picture presented…

……”I went back and then I saw what the thing was. And really what it was, was a reflection of the bolts in the windows. The windows were made up of about three or four or five panes of glass, so that if one got broken we still had some pressure integrity. And these little things, when the Sun shined on them right, they’d multiply the images off the different panes. And I’m quite sure that that’s what this thing was.”……..

One can imagine …..”It had a very definite shape - a cylindrical object - it was white - it had a long arm that stuck out on the side.”…….

Can you link me to the archive that has the image above? I’m not finding that particular image in the filmstrips source I’ve sited in my previous post. I’m assuming there’s another NASA archive of images that would have it “officially”

👽

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let’s move on beyond the explanation and b&w picture posted at J.O.’s website……and beyond McDivitt..

There’s still no explanation of what these two particular pictures are of …that exist in color, on a NASA filmstrip from the Gemini IV mission. If there’s an explanation somewhere out there in the www…..kindly post.

Does no one else have an opinion?

Are they image artifacts caused by the camera, film processing, perhaps reflections of dirt on the windows, ice crystals, flaking off pieces of spacecraft….etc

Or

Are they legitimate USP’s (Unidentified Space Phenomena)

👽

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join