It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lazy USPS Postal Worker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

If you have a heart condition, then you do not apply for a job as a guinea pig for tazer weapons manufacturers. If you have a nut allergy, then you do not attempt to get a job as a taster for a peanut butter firm.

Similarly, if you are so obese that it hurts to walk, or in any other way physically unfit, you do not apply for work at the post office, as a delivery operative. It is simply insane to do so, and that's the alpha and omega of the situation. Post persons should be able to walk six miles within a certain time limit, and without significant stoppage, with a bag of mail on their shoulder, and still be able to dodge three vicious dogs, and do all of this without being on the point of going to the hospital and asking for a quick shot of morphine to the cankles.

There are, I am sure, plenty of jobs in the post office that do not involve the vast trek from kerbside to front door, and I would suggest that unless this woman improves her health considerably, she should be placed in such a role, or freed from whatever contract she is employed under, to allow her to find work to which she is suited.

And just for the record, I am not joking, and I am not being judgemental, I am being realistic.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

If you have a heart condition, then you do not apply for a job as a guinea pig for tazer weapons manufacturers. If you have a nut allergy, then you do not attempt to get a job as a taster for a peanut butter firm.

Similarly, if you are so obese that it hurts to walk, or in any other way physically unfit, you do not apply for work at the post office, as a delivery operative. It is simply insane to do so, and that's the alpha and omega of the situation. Post persons should be able to walk six miles within a certain time limit, and without significant stoppage, with a bag of mail on their shoulder, and still be able to dodge three vicious dogs, and do all of this without being on the point of going to the hospital and asking for a quick shot of morphine to the cankles.

There are, I am sure, plenty of jobs in the post office that do not involve the vast trek from kerbside to front door, and I would suggest that unless this woman improves her health considerably, she should be placed in such a role, or freed from whatever contract she is employed under, to allow her to find work to which she is suited.

And just for the record, I am not joking, and I am not being judgemental, I am being realistic.

You're not being judgmental but realistic indeed. It's post(s) of the likes of yours of which I have very much respect for the ATS community.

Great post though, couldn't have worded it better myself. I did wanted to mention that an obese person shouldn't apply for a job where they have to walk long distances if they can't handle it. Love the other comparisons you made to other jobs too.

This woman may have had the job for a long time, maybe she didn't start out with being obese. She really should consider getting another job because nobody really don't deserve to have their lawns driven on and their packages thrown around. I do believe however that ALL delivery trucks should have a Camera attached to it to analyze their employees performance which in the end would save the Company a lot of money if they pay attention to it.

What this woman did was wrong and she does deserve to be punished for it but for others to bully her? That's just people stooping to her level.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
On topic; I do hope this woman is severely reprimanded. This is, from my experiences, not representative of the USPS. They have always delivered my packages and mail in a timely manner and without damage, unlike UPS and FEDEX. Aside from the time the mail lady ran over my mailbox by accident, I have never had a problem with USPS and I support them every chance I get. They get a bad enough reputation from people like this, but I really hope they don't go away.

I'm done shilling now. Carry on.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Beartracker16
What if that postal worker was just really bad at spatial reasoning and did not realize that skinny driveway (side walk) was not as wide as her little mail truck.

Doubtful, because you can certainly tell when you've driven onto grass. If she cant see, then she shouldn't even have a drivers license.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

You don't make me feel inferior at all.

Your last post which I can't bother to quote, was once again rude. I'm an attention seeker and this is why I come to ATS? Then I lash out when things don't go my way because I have an ego?

Your posts are not on topic, you just lecture people, telling them how to behave. Its annoying.

The topic was this postal worker is so lazy she drives right to the front door with complete disregard for another persons property. We click the video and see she is overweight and most of us actually do know people like this. You claim to know one, saying it as if we have never ran across an overweight person in our lives and need an education on it. As if its a rare phenomenon.

Yes we have noticed they cannot walk very well, it hurts their back and puts pressure on the legs having to lug all that weight around. Some of them can't even breathe. Why should she be excused because of her weight? You said yourself it was her legs hurting, due to her weight.

edit on 5-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Anyways she should be fired. If these people wanted their driveway to be right up to the front door, they would have designed it that way. Some people do, and don't have grass. This woman decides where she wants the driveway to be according to her laziness.

reply to post by TrueBrit

Indeed, she should apply for a job testing bed springs, but all jokes aside she isn't fit to do the job.
She needs a desk job. Where she can sit all day long and put her cankles up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join