It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why liberals side with muslims?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I was eating at my favorite restaurant tonight when one of the former employees came in and shook my hand patted me on the back and told me how good it was to see me again. His name is Mohammed. He is Muslim. I like him. He's a good kid.

The only logical reason that liberals would support any group that oppresses women as the Muslims do, among other things, is that many of them are the sworn enemies of the United States--the same reason liberals supported the Communists during the war in Vietnam.

[edit on 04/11/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Muslims are not bad, US just fears them, i myself is a muslim and never stepped o a bug. at least not on perpose
. Jews are not bad in general. some are good too. We cant judge people by religion. Islam doesnt seed hate . but it believes that punishment shud be from the same type of the mistake. If u kill, u get killed. That is not evil. 25 states have the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I was eating at my favorite restaurant tonight when one of the former employees came in and shook my hand patted me on the back and told me how good it was to see me again. His name is Mohammed. He is Muslim. I like him. He's a good kid.

The only logical reason that liberals would support any group that oppresses women as the Muslims do, among other things, is that many of them are the sworn enemies of the United States--the same reason liberals supported the Communists during the war in Vietnam.

"I'm not a racist, I have lots of black friends.....but..."

same mentality

Its not a matter of backing Muslims over American soldiers, we are not at war against the Islamic religion. ....or are we?

BG

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles
"I'm not a racist, I have lots of black friends.....but..."

same mentality

So having had a number of Muslim friends and acquaintence and a huge number of Black friends and acquaintences over the years gives some sort of mentality. Are you saying that I am a racist?

Don't answer. I don't care what you think.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

- Say "hello!" to Grady's special, only one possible option, logic once again.

Yes, of course Grady; the only reason has to one of hatred to the USA. Nothing to do with the cruel suffering of that people or the blighted lives.....or the sheer indifferent ignorant hostility they have been subjected to for decades, eh?

Jayzuss wept.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
no, I will answer.

I know nothing of you to qualify a statement such as to call you a racist.

Just as you know nothing of me and insist on calling me everything from a communist sympathizer to being un-American. I am a liberal and I am just as much an American as you are. Isn't that possible?

again. are we at war with the Islamic religion?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

That's good to hear Grady, it's nice to know you have Muslim freinds, maybe he can soften you up a bit

Now, the only logical thing I could reason from your last remark was that you are very ignorant and generalizing that Muslims, as a whole, opress women in a very vehement manner. Lest we forget when women were given equality in the west; lest we forget the countless other 'faiths' that opress women.

How are many Muslims sworn enemies of the United States? Care to back that up with some emperical data? Or, did your freind 'Mohhomed' fill you in whilst working for you?

Sad, none of my Muslims freinds back in India ever expressed thier 'hatred' towards the West, in fact, most of them moved to the west aswell !

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Zero

I'm going to be polite and tell you that I have no intention of responding to you insolent and condescending post.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I am a Jew of the Star of David and I have no wish ti kill anyone. As I read it seems the most blood thirsty of you are merely political pawns of your masters. Search your soul your gut and tell me do wish to kill or spew dead air. How many of you have killed and watched a life disappear before your eye's if you have you do not wish to see it again unless it is yours. I know many that have been unable to live with what they have done. Are you insane for you must be to wish death on another. Your banter of hatred is beginning to turn my pity for your minds into disgust of your souls.
BEAR

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rami_Arna
We dont believe he was crusified cuz god wont lay down and watch his beloved profit die in this way.

Just a quick question on this, beause it perplexes me. I've heard this before, and from what i understand its the general islamic understanding of it. But then why do muslims think christians beleive that he was executed? I mean, how do muslims explain that beleif amoung christians, and how do they account for the christian holy texts indicating that they were writtne by his direct students and stating that he was executed? Also, I've seen saudis refer to christians as polytheists, mainly because of this concept of the trinity. Is that also a generalized muslim sentiment?

GP
The only logical reason that liberals would support any group that oppresses women as the Muslims do

But are the 'liberals' supporting islamo-fascists or are they supporting tolerant secular muslims? I'd say that on the left in general people don't support taliban like regimes, but they do tend to get uninvolved in these matters. I used to know someone who thought that it was cultural imperialism to suggest that people in the middle east should have democratic governement. He actually suggested that they don't want to, well what exactly? Have a say in their own government? I think that many people on the left fall for that fallacy, but either way, they still don't support the more repressive regimes. And, lets face it, no one is doing anything over there to prevent oppression. If they were, then there wouldn't be any nation, maybe one or two gulf states, that the west wasn't at war with. They're almost all terribly oppressive. Heck, the Saudis won't let Shi'ites practice their religion openly. Not just jews or baptists, but any non-sunni mulsims are prevented from doing it.

sminkeypinkey
Nothing to do with the cruel suffering of that people or the blighted lives

Actually his position is quite reasonable in this respect, however its too broadly applied. Lots of people leading the Viet Nam era protests were reds. And there were lots of reds involved in other aspects of those protests. Or look at the SLA and groups like that. But obviously not all people invovled in those protests were reds, and not all were being lead by the nose of these reds. Same with now. No one can logically support a regime like the taliban. Yet some people, like I mentioned above, think that democracy is not a value and that the west is the one that is wrong, decadent, immoral and valueles. There are now and allways have been people hostile to the US within the US. Of course, they are to the left and the right, and GP can, to a degree, be validly criticised for leaving out some of the extreme rightists who are ferverently anti-american, but even that omission can only be taken so far.

their right to fight those who invade them. And i bet americans will do the same if they get invaded.

Irregardless, those who resist will and are being destroyed. Also, the general right o resist isn't the same as some non existant right to hack civilian's heads off or take hostages in exchange for money.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join