It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Planet Earth Sustain Dinosaur Life For Over 100 Million Years?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am so sorry that your post can't be answered simply as the words are written. ATS has failed me in the past 2 year by distractions. Members feel it's necessary to comment short additions, thoughts and possibilities because they feel they know an answer to a similar topic. the point of threads is to accept the op's declaration as the only thing to answer. If you have nothing to add of value to the most acceptable or nonsensical post, its OK. someone is curious and would like a response pertaining to their specific topic. if you alter the focus perhaps it should inspire you to create a new thread. Then, knowledgeable people can have their replies prominently displayed withing the firths few pages. please stop being clever, agreeing with the obvious or just saying something random and awesome. the point of this medium is to allow people to teach us. We have so many smart people who help accept alternate paradigms. how bout we let them be showcase instead of hidden by pointless posts. No more jokes, we get it i mean we Reddit, please stop wondering by writing instead of reading. Last but not least let's make it an obligation to provide new sources for every reply to prove it made you think and reasearch something new. and yes even if its wrong.
after my first 10 replies I to will stop this scolding and start my own posts. sorry for wasting your time too.

reply to post by Hydrawolf

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The world doesn't need Humans...it will thrive on its own.

We don't live in harmony - the big D's did. They were cut short by an outside variable.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

joejoejoe
I am so sorry that your post can't be answered simply as the words are written. ATS has failed me in the past 2 year by distractions. Members feel it's necessary to comment short additions, thoughts and possibilities because they feel they know an answer to a similar topic. the point of threads is to accept the op's declaration as the only thing to answer. If you have nothing to add of value to the most acceptable or nonsensical post, its OK. someone is curious and would like a response pertaining to their specific topic. if you alter the focus perhaps it should inspire you to create a new thread. Then, knowledgeable people can have their replies prominently displayed withing the firths few pages. please stop being clever, agreeing with the obvious or just saying something random and awesome. the point of this medium is to allow people to teach us. We have so many smart people who help accept alternate paradigms. how bout we let them be showcase instead of hidden by pointless posts. No more jokes, we get it i mean we Reddit, please stop wondering by writing instead of reading. Last but not least let's make it an obligation to provide new sources for every reply to prove it made you think and reasearch something new. and yes even if its wrong.
after my first 10 replies I to will stop this scolding and start my own posts. sorry for wasting your time too.

So...in so many word you failed to provide a response to the OP? In those so many words you chose to alienate your thinking from those with independent thought?

I suppose you hate it when people speak in parables... Much can be explained in a few words...not everyone needs a cartoon depiction with a line-by-line explanation.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
dinosaurs are a hoax. don't believe it? that's cool.
www.cluesforum.info...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

supermarket2012
It is weird, isn't it?

Homo sapiens are said to be 200,000 years old, in our current evolutionary expression. Homo sapiens - 200,000 years old, but civilization? Oh, just 6,000 years. Yea......something doesn't add up.

The answer is hidden in your post - Civilization is only 6000 years old. In the 200,000 years before it, there was absolutely no problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Simple it didn't, the age of the earth and when dinosaurs (AKA Dragons) lived is flat out wrong.

First, dinosaurs (dragons) lived along side mankind at one time, and probably for longer than we think, their are even some natives in the deep jungle who say they still see them yet. Their are drawings and stories of them from all peoples around the world as if they were common animals at one time, but they call them dragons since the word dinosaur wasn't invented until the mid 1800's. Basically large reptiles of one sort or another.

This current creation is only about 6,000 years old. There are lots of things pointed to a young creation, comets for example shouldn't be around if the world is even over 15,000 years old, among lots of other things.

Now there are those who say there was a gap in time between Genesis 1 and 2, that "the earth became waste and void" is suppose to be the correct translation. So maybe God recreated life on earth after it was destroyed by Satan and his fallen angels and we are part of the 2nd recreation focusing on mankind instead of angels. This is just food for thought, and I don't dismiss this idea, it could very well be, but it is some what of just a theory. This would give the actual earth itself a questionable age if this idea is true, but the 2nd creation of life would only be about 6000 years still.

The Evolution myth is completely dependent upon the earth being billions of years old, without this, the Evolution myth has no chance. So they will guard and protect the world view of billions and millions of year with a fierceness of a raging bear. Dating methods have been shown to be flawed and based on multiple assumptions. Dating fresh rock from from Mt. St. Helens that erupted in 1980's gave dates ranging from 340,000 years to 2.8 million years, from fresh rock formed in 1980's. This is only one example.

So what you been taught on dinosaurs and when they lived is just wrong.

edit on 5-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
sorry to the op for this, i just had to do it.

reply to post by joejoejoe

ATS has failed me in the past 2 year by distractions.

then why did you come back? looking at your stats you just joined today.

Members feel it's necessary to comment short additions, thoughts and possibilities because they feel they know an answer to a similar topic.

no need to use a thousand words when a hundred will do, and sometimes the short answer is the best answer.

the point of threads is to accept the op's declaration as the only thing to answer.

that's not always the case, sometimes a op overlooks things, omits things, or down right lies. and some times other information needs to be given in order to answer the op.

If you have nothing to add of value to the most acceptable or nonsensical post, its OK. someone is curious and would like a response pertaining to their specific topic.

sounds like good advice. why didn't you think about that before you posted? you sure didn't give any answers to the question asked.

if you alter the focus perhaps it should inspire you to create a new thread.

in my experience on ATS, most members that reply to a op, ignore such posts and focus on the subject, but then there's that special post such as yours, that just deserves to be answered. again why did you ignore your own advice, and not wait and get your 20 and make your own thread?

Then, knowledgeable people can have their replies prominently displayed withing the firths few pages.

knowledgeable people? you mean sheldon cooper types, who think their brains are the end all to all knowledge, and are often wrong, and who thinks that their replies should be "prominently displayed withing the firths few pages.,and why would you want to display your reply in a body of water?

firth [ furth ] 1. estuary: a river estuary 2. inlet: a wide inlet of the sea

you might want to use spell checker, i would think that a knowledgeable person would know that. i see at least three mistakes you made. now look, you made sound like a spelling nazi.('
')

please stop being clever, agreeing with the obvious or just saying something random and awesome.

i must say that, i think the mods do a pretty good job at monitoring the posts, if a post doesn't fit, they remove it. and you know some op's and people who reply might appreciate, someone agreeing with them. kinda lets them know where their thoughts lie in relation to others, obvious or not. also sometimes random and awesome replies can and do display great thought and knowledge.

the point of this medium is to allow people to teach us. We have so many smart people who help accept alternate paradigms.

again, who sheldon cooper types. who only think that people who have higher IQ's hold all knowledge and there is no other acceptable knowledge but their own or their contemporary's. which most couldn't find their way out of a wet paper sack and lack common everyday sense. being arrogant, is not smart by a long shot.

how bout we let them be showcase instead of hidden by pointless posts.

no, i don't believe in placing people up on a pedestal, doing something like that only promotes the belief that they have the only answers, and that no others have the ability to think for themselves. what you see as pointless may have meaning to others.

No more jokes, we get it i mean we Reddit, please stop wondering by writing instead of reading.

really sheldon, don't you know that humor is good for people. smiling is one of the healthiest things people can do. there are studies that show that smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. together these three make us feel good. besides it's fun to smile.

Last but not least let's make it an obligation to provide new sources for every reply to prove it made you think and reasearch something new. and yes even if its wrong.

once more, really sheldon. why would any body want to do that every reply, so you cooper types can ridicule and belittle people. no thanks, there is enough of that now, hell i'm guilty of it from time to time when i see someone using a tabloid type source, and besides there is not always a new sources available, what do you think only people that are published are the only ones who think about things.

after my first 10 replies I to will stop this scolding and start my own posts. sorry for wasting your time too

last time i checked, it was 20 posts before you could write a thread of your own. maybe they changed it. i'll check in a bit. but in the mean time your scolding is nothing but laughable to those who know better, and see you for what you are. and if you knew you were wasting the op's time when you typed that, why did you post your reply. seems like a knowledgeable person would have known better, and practiced what he preached.

i also wonder if you understand the sheldon cooper reference, i kinda doubt it even if you know who he is.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

supermarket2012
It is weird, isn't it?

Homo sapiens are said to be 200,000 years old, in our current evolutionary expression. Homo sapiens - 200,000 years old, but civilization? Oh, just 6,000 years. Yea......something doesn't add up.

Yeah, I also find it very strange and somewhat improbable that it supposedly took us 186,000 years or so to go from newly-hairless ape to organized society.

Now, if you look at the way our societies evolved, it does almost seem like each successive phase of society took less time to get through (and thus advance to the next phase) than the last. This becomes exceedingly apparent once you get to the industrial revolution. And even a while before it....

And that sort of makes sense. It took us thousands of years to figure out computers-- but once we did, that knowledge and technology was available to anyone with the resources, and thus it became more widespread, found new uses, and then spawned even more technologies.

But 186,000 years to go from "uncivilized" nomadic living, to buildings and agriculture? That long to figure out "hey, I've noticed that most plants seem to have seeds, and where they fall, new plants spring up!"

That seems a little odd to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hydrawolf
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thanks, and i am sure that after 100 million years a few of them dinosaurs with the larger brains were a bit smarter than we give them credit for.

Why? Brains don't grow over time with a goal of becoming big.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

scojak

Hydrawolf
I am surprised that vegetation levels could have sustained the plant eating dinosaurs for so long though.

Dinosaurs did't cut down trees to create paper and build things. Imagine how many more trees would be on this planet it f there were no humans. I imagine they also did not waste food like humans do today. They probably bit off exactly what they could chew.

Yep God only knows where the evil wolfs came from who kill for sport and do not eat everything they kill.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The climate was different then. Continents were grouped together or a lot closer, so ocean currents were different. The planet was also warmer prior to the extinction event that wiped them out. Arctic zones were much smaller, so temperate and tropic zones were much larger. More warmth means vegetation grows a lot more rapidly and easily, so there was higher oxygen levels. (Respiration efficiency can only count for so much, there had to be more oxygen to begin with for animals to grow that big.)

Throw in a few large meteors with climate change due to other factors. Anything large that would have survived the decade or so after the impact event probably didn't do so well when plant availability was reduced along with oxygen levels. For them it was probably comparable to moving to mountaintops after living at sea-level. The other animals that weren't so badly affected took advantage and picked them off. Eggs just sitting out unguarded, couldn't grow as big as fast anymore, etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaboose

Irony Star for your post.

You're a bit of an endangered species yourself, my friend. People like you are becoming rarer and more precious.

Hold tight to those beliefs. Stop your ears and shut your eyes to keep out any facts, facts are very nasty things.

They make people Godless. That's what truth does: it makes people Godless.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Because of the absence of religion and government.

Enough said.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Simple answer it didn't, imagine it like this, a game developer created an environment for the characters to explore. In the original design "Easter Eggs" were strategically placed for the players ( Us ) to find and other things like objects clearly too large to build placed so as to offer intrigue and interest.

The graphics engine we exist is definitely one to behold and the coder ( God ) should be respected for his work which moves into a whole other area altogether.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Good question but seeing as how fast the grass on my lawn grows id wager so many were nomadic...eating the resources...moving away only to have those resources there again by next season. While the predators just followed the moving flocks. Just a guess but ya I never really thought of it before...100 million years is a long time...there is no way we will last that long!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's actually rather simple when you look at existing ecosystems (And remove Humans from the equation) - Africa and the Amazon are two places where animals exist in harmony with the environment, eating what they need (Whether plant or animal), and yet maintaining their population numbers. Over hundreds of millions of years, there will eventually be climate changes, so migration plays a role there (Just as birds and animals have always done)

Nature finds a way to survive. Yes, it had trouble doing so against an asteroid, but eventually, life bounced back.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dinosaurs did have civilization. We even have video proof!

Sorry, I just had to since no one else picked up on it.

Hey! It's sunday, a day to rest, relax and have a bit of fun.

But I can't wait to see what dinosaur or other treasures/secrets that Antarctica holds.
edit on 6-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We know almost nothing. The fossils are not enough. We think we know paleontology but we don't.

Similar questions could be asked for the human race as well. History channel put some of them, others are still enigma. How on Earth there will be so different races if everything started with Adam and Eve?

Someone said some dinosaurs were smart enough. May be sentient. Is it possible to happen in nature? Someone wrote in some scientific magazine that other planets with similar conditions could have similar evolution. But there might not be ELE for the reptilian races to clear the way for the mammals, as it happened on Earth. So they will still be there and evolve, instead of the mammals. DNA speaking we are not that different, all life based on DNA. Perhaps somewhere there is life not based on the known DNA.

From here to say there is life elsewhere, including sentient life is just a small step. Why it is not done yet on mass level (CNN level) is yet another enigma of the human uneven development.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Do you know who survived of the lineage of terrible dinosaurs that is today quite spread on Earth? The lovely Birds! Here is their genealogy:

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Clade: Sauropsida
Clade: Dinosauria
Clade: Theropoda
Clade: Chuniaoae
Clade: Eumaniraptora (Paraves) en.wikipedia.org...
Clade: Avialae en.wikipedia.org...

Dinosaurs en.wikipedia.org...
Major groups
1. †Ornithischia
†Stegosauria
†Ankylosauria
†Ornithopoda
†Ceratopsia

2. Saurischia
†Sauropodomorpha
Theropoda (the birds)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The earth looked much different then. Lots of landmass around the equator and to the south of it. The landmass was more cohesive too. It makes sense that earth sustained a more diversified and larger ecosystem.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join