It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin Will Furlough 3,000 Workers On Monday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Lockheed Martin Will Furlough 3,000 Workers On Monday

BETHESDA, Md. -- BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Lockheed Martin says it will furlough 3,000 employees on Monday due to the government shutdown.The big defense contractor said Friday that the number of employees put on furlough will increase weekly if the shutdown continues. Lockheed says the furloughs include employees who are unable to work because the government facility where they perform their work is closed, those whose work requires a government inspection that cannot be completed or the company has received a stop work order.

Earlier this week, United Technologies Corp. announced that it will furlough 2,000 employees by Monday and more than 5,000 if the shutdown continues into next month. The company said Wednesday that its Sikorsky division, which makes Black Hawk helicopters, would be hit first. It expects nearly 2,000 employees, including those employed at facilities in Connecticut, Florida and Alabama, will be furloughed on Monday. The Hartford, Conn.-based manufacturer said it would halt some defense manufacturing because government inspectors themselves have been furloughed. That leaves it without the necessary federal approvals to make military products.

On Friday, Lockheed Martin, which is based in Bethesda, Md., urged Congress and the Obama administration to find a resolution. The partial government shutdown took effect Tuesday and has idled roughly 800,000 "non-essential" federal workers. Lockheed Martin shares fell 53 cents to $122.30 in afternoon trading Friday. Its shares are still near the higher end of their 52-week range of $85.88 to $131.60.

edit on Sat Oct 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: source title to accurately reflect material

edit on Sat Oct 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

So what are your thoughts on this?

I do believe their are rules on posting a thread and you didn't give us much but relay what the Huffingtonpost already did!

Let me guess!

The Republicans are racists and terrorists and because of that these people are going to be layed off???

Sorry, but I think I am becoming a psychic, because I already know what you are going to say......

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

seeker1963

So what are your thoughts on this?

I do believe their are rules on posting a thread and you didn't give us much but relay what the Huffingtonpost already did!

Let me guess!

The Republicans are racists and terrorists and because of that these people are going to be layed off???

Sorry, but I think I am becoming a psychic, because I already know what you are going to say......

Also, this is the actual headline from the Huffpost!

"Lockheed Martin Will Furlough 3,000 Workers On Monday"

I think their is a policy on exaggerating the headlines of information you post as well!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Poor planning on their part to have all their eggs in one basket, eh?

Oh the [real] entitled...how they will moan.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
mhmm, soon as dems start to vote YES people will get paid. watching them now.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your right! Now I do feel bad for anyone losing their job. However, it is hard for me to feel bad for any company that is part of the military/industrial complex!

How sad that government welfare towards corporations is acceptable living off of the tax payer teat, but God forbid the little people get some help!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Unfortunately this is what happens when people become dependent on government.

Maybe some re-thinking is in order ?

And this problem of furloughs and possible layoffs begs the question of how many workers are just as dependent as anybody else already getting assistance.

But at least laid off workers get unemployment pay.

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That's the first good news I've heard as a result of the shut down. I'm very surprised that war profiteers would be getting hurt by this but I'm not going to complain.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

And I was trying to be a good boy tonight and you bring the devil back to me.

Here he his: He is happy now and won't show up in this thread but if you want to see the devil look in this link below
read then scroll down

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where gonna have some reel fun tonight...close to Halloween
edit on 4-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

1. You editorialized a title without indicating you'd added to the title.

2. Thankfully, your addition was patently absurd enough that folks with information, brains, understanding, perceptiveness, maturity could see through your scam without too much thought.

3. You violated the T&C by not including your commentary with your quotes.

4. Evidently some hereon don't give a rodent's rear what the rules are as long as they can do whatever they jolly well wish . . . typical of . . . many of a certain political party.

5. If you REALLY believe that the GOP and DEMS are NOT 2 sides of a horrifically destructive coin on the road to tyrannical global !CONTROL! . . . perhaps you'd do well to read more substantive source materials.

Here's a good start:

FORMER PRESIDENTS GLOBALIST QUOTES:

www.wakingtimes.com...

AARON RUSSO LINKS ON YOUTUBE:

www.youtube.com... -2.2.0...0.0...1ac.k0x6JufFVGw

twoday.net...

twga...

edit on 4/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: changing a pronoun to a broader scope.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I guess Obama will be upset that he can't bomb any little Pakistani children next month because his drones aren't being built.

I feel bad.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Pardon..me
Another machine man speaks

Learn to read between the no lines...you seem to have done that
so whats your problem, machine man?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

No, I'm afraid the drones are still cooking

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Let me lesson you

Perspective science 101

I do forums on perspectives…though genuine

I don’t do dogma, I do perspectives

The simple thinking think and say, troll troll, troll,
But my perspectives are not dogmatic assertions of I AM GOD
They are possibilities in logical theory

Anyway, Let me ask you something

How do you know Aaron Russo wasn’t being led along by Rockefeller? You know being told what he thought Russo wanted to hear.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The fact Government is big enough to have that much of an immediate effect on private companies tells you all you need to know. Government is the problem. Period. State complicity at this level means it's a State-managed business - period. Minimally different than State managed entities elsewhere in the world we'd rail against.

We need to stop this slide before we really do become more like China or the Russians than "ourselves"... this "baby steps" add up pretty quickly. -Mags

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

1. I suppose it depends on your criteria and definition for "KNOW."

2.0 However, to answer your question . . . I know that because of soooo much OTHER Rockefeller sourced info saying similar things.

2.1 I know because of watching and pondering what the Rockefellers have OBVIOUSLY done on the public record with their money for many decades.

2.2 I know because Russo's non-verbal communications cues are congruent with his telling the truth. He's not that bad an assessor of reality and truth from those he conversed with and was friends with. He was a successful DIRECTOR BECAUSE of such assessment skills and perception skills.

3. Evidently you didn't read the 135 quotes of the elite linked to in that post.

4. I've studied globalism since 1965. It's real. It IS a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy about THIS ERA.

5. It is getting worse by the week if not by the day and hour.

6. Denial of truth and reality is not a good survival habit.

7. Your explanation is the LEAST plausible and flies in the face of Ockham's razor wholesale.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

. . . stop this before we become like China . . .

I've lived for years in both places . . . we already are . . . except for some overt window dressing.

And, actually, mystifyingly, I felt FREE-ER in China than in the USA currently.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I haven't found insulting snipes to be a greatly facilitative thing to dialogue, normally, on average.

I don't care if you have a PhD in perception . . . ignoring the realities of globalism is NOT very perceptive.

Of course their champions and agents are likely not ignoring the realities of globalism at all.

The evidence is lying about neck high and higher hidden in plain sight all over the place.

Survival a little longer may require some folks to wake up and smell the sulfur and brimstone.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Cuervo

That's the first good news I've heard as a result of the shut down. I'm very surprised that war profiteers would be getting hurt by this but I'm not going to complain.

Cuervo-
The war profiteer won't be hurt by this, they are being paid for the contract, Lockheed always knows how to get their money. It's the people working for the contract (some veterans) will be hurt once again. Pay for people who work on contracts (in most places) hasn't gone up since 2008.

Lockheed has contracts here and they are hiring.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Merlynn because: add comment

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

What explanation?

I have posted why this (the shutdown was done) from 2 different NWO globalist conspiratorial perspectives:

I. They are punishing Obama for not going into Syria
II. It’s all a part of the austerity agenda
Of course there are likely other reasons

I understand globalism (I am more in-tune with the Webster Tarpley and Michel Chossudovsky) but I also still accept that there is a valid reality on the ordinary political level
www.globalresearch.ca...
tarpley.net...

Yesterday Ventura, on CNN, remarked that the GOP wouldn’t ever shut down the Government over a moral cause like the wars and drones; that is what I mean by levels. Jesse also recognizes the deeper levels of politics.

The straight or exoteric level has validity as well as the deeper conspiratorial level

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join