It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Magazine Highlights Iranian Air Force Encounters with UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's being reported at Open Minds that an article in military aviation magazine Combat Aircraft Monthly states that Iranian fighters have intercepted UFOs over the last couple of decades , of course the natural assumption is that they are just foreign military aircraft spying on Iran's nuclear sites but the reported flight characteristics seem to disagree with that assumption ...

UFOs were spotted multiple times by both ground radar and airborne radar. According to Combat Aircraft Monthly, Iranian sources described that the UFOs “displayed astonishing flight characteristics, including an ability to fly outside the atmosphere, attain a maximum cruise speed of Mach 10, and a minimum speed of zero, with the ability to hover over the target.” These craft also reportedly emitted high levels of magnetic energy that disrupted navigation systems and jammed radars. . . .
www.theufochronicles.com...

Full story at openminds.com

I know the U.S have some pretty impressive tech and scramjets can get up to Mach 10 but can they also hover over targets and leave the atmosphere ?

Report from 5.10 on the video

Not sayin its Aliens but hey Iran is home to my favorite UFO case

edit on 4-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Out of curiosity I googled crafts that could obtain Mach 10 and found this:
An attempt to build a an unmanned supersonic craft. The article is about the XS1, which I could not find a pic of, but the descriptions sound similar. Would we be testing such a thing over there though?
www.networkworld.com...
ETA: I personally would guess that we do have such tech for an unmanned craft zipping around and able to stop on the dime, but that's just an opinion...one that I would wager on however.
edit on 4-10-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hmmm, none of those features is technically impossible for us but, I wouldn't say that any one vehicle would possess all of those characteristics simultaneously.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hi-tech Harrier jumpjets perhaps?

Ofc I jest
, it's always funny though how stories such as these always try and maintain a possible mundane explanation, regardless of the previous information just communicated ie. "the object cruised at mach10 before stopping to zero in seconds but it could still be a UAV, also despite the fact it gave off crazy electromagnetic readings".

Additionally, there's been reports like this for decades from ALL over the world.

If any skeptics are still thinking UAV, then I would suggest digging through some archives because I'm quite confident you will find reports that are almost exactly the same as the one described in the OP, which would probably go back at least 50 years.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
has anybody composed a specific list of encounters by date and flight details??

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Not that I can find but given that this is a report from Iran I don't find that surprising , no doubt the Iranian air force have the stats but I doubt they have a FOIA system , even if they did given the external threats they face I would imagine information of this kind would be classified .

As I say in the OP the suspicion has to be U.S /Israeli tech but who knows ... maybe just maybe

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hi Gortex,
Tx for the info. I'm Iranian as you know and I can tell you that there seems to be a connection between an alleged crashed UFO in 1976 near Yazd, and the Iranian Revolution in 1979 (which started late 77). Shah of Iran was at odds with their closest ally the USA. Wrong time to be at odds as it turned out. USA did not accept any "I do not share it with you", so they entered.

This is just a rumor that my dad heard when he was in the military. He did not have any unusual secret clearances but he was a gifted software developer so he got around. Just thought you might be interested to pursue since it is one of your favorite cases.

StringTh

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The description of the craft shows evidence of "electronic counter measures" in response to Iranian jet's targeting radar, jamming the targeting.

It is very likely such a system could spoof the radar returns as well and make it seem that the craft left at impossible velocities, but perhaps in reality it did not.

If it is a US or Israeli drone it is safest to be used at nighttime to prevent visual identification or non-radar based lock-on. It's probably trying to tack radioisotopes, synthetic aperture radar, or power line emissions for intelligence on interior machinery.

The luminous appearance could be the result of a plasma generator for improved aerodynamics & range which could also have useful stealth/ECM properties.

Optical IMINT would be taken by satellite or a very high-flying reconaissance plane out of the envelope of the F-14.
edit on 6-10-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Hi StringTh
Thanks for the additional information mate very interesting

I've often wondered what happened to the object that separated from the UFO after it was seen to land , was it recovered or did it return to the main body , according to NICAP sources the Iranian case file on the incident was about one and a half inches thick so I'm sure that would make for interesting reading if it were ever to be made available .

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
'Hi tech harrier jump jets' ? What is that exactly?

reply to post by Zcustosmorum

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

Sarcasm to be precise mate

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why would the military report this in an aviation magazine if it were their tech?

Surely any craft they have capable of all these things would be highly classified, right??

Also, how does a craft decelerate from Mach10 to 0?? The amount of energy required to do this would seem to be off the charts. Not to mention the structural integrity of the craft itself would have to be supreme.

Radar jamming tricks? Can they make it look like the craft has left the atmosphere all together?? I don't see how.

This is intriguing stuff. Thanks Gortex!
edit on 8-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i'm feelin pretty confident when I say that we don't have tech that can stop on a dime while traveling at mach 10.

Although I've seen every Star Trek episode out there...I think we are far from achieving that.

If somehow we do...and we means the US...than it is hiding tech that could revolutionize the world.

take your pick...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Nothing new here. These objects reportedly have been doing things like this for quite some time.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
if that is earthly tech....than all this...

...is a scam...for the gullible public.

I don't think X-43A will be stopping on a dime anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

gortex
UFOs were spotted multiple times by both ground radar and airborne radar. According to Combat Aircraft Monthly, Iranian sources described that the UFOs “displayed astonishing flight characteristics, including an ability to fly outside the atmosphere, attain a maximum cruise speed of Mach 10, and a minimum speed of zero, with the ability to hover over the target.”

Great stuff mate and those flight characteristics do sound pretty impressive - was put in mind of this quote from Gary Heseltine:

"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration -up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns - all in silence - multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other. They are classic, what I would call, genuine UFO characteristics - things that we can not do in a conventional sense".

British Detective Police Constable Gary Heseltine - Police UFO reporting organisation

There's also a Huffington Post piece on the article below so it's nice to see the story being covered by the mainstream media -doesn't contain much more info but does mention the Tehran 76 case.

Iranian Fighter Jets Tangle With UFOs (And Lose)

..The latter claim mirrors a famous UFO incident that reportedly occurred over Tehran in 1976, in which F-4 fighter jets that were scrambled to intercept an unidentified aircraft temporarily lost use of weapons and instruments while in pursuit.

While the technology described in the 2004 incidents hasn't been publicly demonstrated by any foreign military today, it stands to reason that it certainly wasn't available in 1976.

Link

Cheers.
edit on 25-10-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I still would like to get the exact dates/times of the more recent encounters to see how they might correlate with classic prosaic ufogenic stimuli, such as missile and space events in nearby countries.

top topics

join