It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Video: Oregon State Police Video Captures Fatal Freeway Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I respect your opinion and don't agree with the idea that being a criminal is noble like you listed.
reply to post by opethPA

I am sorry that you misunderstood the reason for my question. I really was afraid that my question and my intent would be misunderstood and I really should not have placed the question here.

In none of the scenarios did I speak of a "criminal" that came in conflict with the person in authority. My concern is with the individual that is treated as a criminal, is judged and sometimes, apprehended or executed as a criminal, when their only transgression was failing to carry out the command of the person wielding the power to injury or kill the individual, as a person of authority.

I sometimes think that people are thrown under the bus when they refuse a direct order, whether that order is legitimate or not; and that "those" people are "victims". Again, it is just my lonely, humble opinion. You have been more than gracious and patient with my questions. You have answered my question. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wonder if he had been hearing voices recently. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

evictiongnostic
I wonder if he had been hearing voices recently. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

I looked for that precise thing actually and didn't find anything; however, it could be that the reason why that level of information isn't out there is because, cops being shot during routine traffic stops is sadly rather common. There were a couple things that I found that were interesting via his facebook. One, he was put into a military boot camp called Visionquest as a youth, whose goal is to basically rehabilitate young offenders through a variety of ways. So much for rehabilitation.

I did find something else that he had posted on his facebook that may indicate his specific rationale for what he did. I'm loathe to link it, however, because it's simply suspicion and would just prompt a seriously heavily charged gun debate. Overall, I'd say that people should be happy that that little facet doesn't seem to have been heavily trumpeted about because it could've been used.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can understand why the guy did that. Cops are the enemies. The guy was running a 10% chance of being dragged out of his car, beaten to within an inch of his life, probably have drugs planted on him, have his vehicle, home, and all of his belongings taken in civil forfeiture suits which there's no trial and no restitution for, his kids taken away from him, and his bank account seized so that he can't afford a legal defense. That is what modern day police do routinely.

I don't fault the cop for shooting back, any human in that situation is going to do that. I fault the cop for being there in the first place. There is no such thing as a good cop, any cop that remains part of the force supports the bad ones. I guess what I'm getting at is, even though this cop didn't commit any abuses in this stop YET, he's supporting an organization that does commit those abuses routinely. He's as guilty as the rest.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Your are quite correct. I did in deed send my response to you in error.

I am sorry for the mistake.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Aazadan
I can understand why the guy did that. Cops are the enemies. The guy was running a 10% chance of being dragged out of his car, beaten to within an inch of his life, probably have drugs planted on him, have his vehicle, home, and all of his belongings taken in civil forfeiture suits which there's no trial and no restitution for, his kids taken away from him, and his bank account seized so that he can't afford a legal defense. That is what modern day police do routinely.

I don't fault the cop for shooting back, any human in that situation is going to do that. I fault the cop for being there in the first place. There is no such thing as a good cop, any cop that remains part of the force supports the bad ones. I guess what I'm getting at is, even though this cop didn't commit any abuses in this stop YET, he's supporting an organization that does commit those abuses routinely. He's as guilty as the rest.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

Only 1 person guilty in that video and that is the criminal that shot at the officer. Keep telling yourself otherwise.

edit on 6-10-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2013 by opethPA because: obvious troll is obvious

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

opethPA
Only 1 person guilty in that video and that is the criminal that shot at the officer. Keep telling yourself otherwise.

I saw it as self defense against the cop. The police are getting worse by the day and will harm you for no reason. I've been the victim of it myself multiple times despite having never been arrested, charged with a crime, or have even spent a single second in the back of a police car, much less a jail. They've murdered my pets in front of me, beaten me on the side of the road, confiscated my bank account, and destroyed my property simply because they could.

Anyone wearing that uniform is guilty by association. If that cop were one of the good guys he would be speaking out about police abuse.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Aazadan

opethPA

I saw it as self defense against the cop. The police are getting worse by the day and will harm you for no reason. I've been the victim of it myself multiple times despite having never been arrested, charged with a crime, or have even spent a single second in the back of a police car, much less a jail. They've murdered my pets in front of me, beaten me on the side of the road, confiscated my bank account, and destroyed my property simply because they could.

Anyone wearing that uniform is guilty by association. If that cop were one of the good guys he would be speaking out about police abuse.

Then you saw what you want and not reality so nothing anyone says is going to change your opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

opethPA
Then you saw what you want and not reality so nothing anyone says is going to change your opinion.

Maybe so, I fully recognize I'm biased against cops but that doesn't change my opinion. I cannot be around them. A couple months back someone broke into my car, I couldn't even go to the police and file a report... I was hit with a panic attack when I got near the station. My experiences say cops deserve every bad thing that happens to them. I don't like thinking that way but after having been the victim of it myself, not to mention seeing all the abuse caught on camera, I can't help it.

Any cop wearing that uniform is guilty by association.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Aazadan

opethPA

Maybe so, I fully recognize I'm biased against cops but that doesn't change my opinion. I cannot be around them. A couple months back someone broke into my car, I couldn't even go to the police and file a report... I was hit with a panic attack when I got near the station. My experiences say cops deserve every bad thing that happens to them. I don't like thinking that way but after having been the victim of it myself, not to mention seeing all the abuse caught on camera, I can't help it.

Wouldn't you be better served as a member of the Taliban over in Afghanistan? It would appear that you have a great disdain for authority. A plane ticket is all you need to end your traumas in this country.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Kind of sad how a lot of the posts are trying to find the cop guilty. Not to say that people are blaming the cop but it's messed up that the default position is "the cop is a bad". Yes, I know there are bad cops but maybe they should get the benefit of the doubt once and awhile. I would become a bit of an a--hole if people just assumed as was bad all the time. And before the trolls start, I'm not a cop and could care one way or the other but I do realize it's a job where they are constantly put in stressful situations. I am also not defending the bad cops that are stressed out and become that way. It's sad I have to put all those disclaimers out because I know there are those just waiting to pick a fight here because they have an agenda.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Aazadan

opethPA

I have tried desperately to be understanding and respectful of your point of view but as I read this I'm getting more and more frustrated.

Let me see if I get this right..

In the town I grew up in cops went to serve a warrant on a criminal. That criminal heard about it on the scanner and waited for them. When the door was opened the criminal opened fire on the cops, killing 2.

You are telling me those 2 cops , just doing their jobs like you or me and with families, deserved to die. I just want to make sure I understand this statement from you clearly, "My experiences say cops deserve every bad thing that happens to them" . So you are saying those two cops following the law of the land and doing their jobs deserved to die?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
How many times must it be said... DONT GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!. He was looking for a fight. Regardless of cause he was a threat and the officer acted accordingly.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

opethPA
I have tried desperately to be understanding and respectful of your point of view but as I read this I'm getting more and more frustrated.

Let me see if I get this right..

In the town I grew up in cops went to serve a warrant on a criminal. That criminal heard about it on the scanner and waited for them. When the door was opened the criminal opened fire on the cops, killing 2.

You are telling me those 2 cops , just doing their jobs like you or me and with families, deserved to die. I just want to make sure I understand this statement from you clearly, "My experiences say cops deserve every bad thing that happens to them" . So you are saying those two cops following the law of the land and doing their jobs deserved to die?

Brotherhood, thin blue line, and all that. Plus their word is worth more than yours in court. In my opinion if they stick together as one group they're all guilty of crimes of individual cops.

I've had cops break into my house in the middle of the night, murder my pet, pull me out of bed and restrain me face down in a pool of my dogs blood for hours on end threatening anything other than total compliance will reunite me with my dog soon. As they did this they stole my property and damaged my house. Looking for drugs because they had a warrant showing heat coming from my house that they thought was growing lights. They of course found nothing other than my roommates tomato plants because neither of us were involved in that stuff. When they were done they took every electronic device in the house under asset forfeiture laws, they even took our bank accounts claiming it was drug money. Neither of us got anything back. We were left with over a thousand dollars in property damage from the busted door frame and holes they put in the walls. They then left without charging either of us with a crime or even questioning us.

My roommate being a lawyer with the city said the case was unwinnable and later told me even if we pursued it they would retaliate against him... not a good spot for someone whose career is being a public defender.

After that incident (and it was not my first incident with police, I've been pulled from my car and beaten before for "driving suspiciously") I lost any ability to empathize with police and I cannot be around them in any capacity. When the police are involved there is no justice and as long as they defend each other they are all guilty. I don't like feeling that way... who would like feeling that way towards the people who are supposed to protect us? But I do, and it's unlikely to change in the future.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Aazadan

How many other people, classes, races and professions do you hate and subscribe your logic to?

It sucks that specific police in your specific area did bad things to you. Honestly I wish that never ever happened because you most likely didn't deserve it but for you to say this cop or all cops deserve whatever happens to him because he is a police officer is just flawed on so many levels.

Nothing anyone says is going to make you think logically on this so enjoy your choices.
edit on 10-10-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join