It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa college student arrested for wearing Joker makeup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

alfa1

"...arrested for wearing joker makeup..."

While the arrest was uncalled for, it also serves as a reminder that any headline with the word "for" in it is usually a lie.
eg. "man arrested for..."

He was arrested for spitting at police and headbutting them. Not the makeup.

Its simple cause and effect; he was wearing the makeup which prompted the calls to the police.

He was breaking no law. The police decided to hassle him and he responded as many people would in the face of oppression.

The bottom line is; none of this wouldn't have happened if he wasn't wearing that makeup. There would have been no conflict with the cops and everyone would have gone about their lives peacefully.

People can't deal with things that are out of the ordinary. They automatically assume that anything outside the norm MUST have some sinister connotations. Since we've all been conditioned to not stand up for ourselves, the authorities are called in and all of a sudden, its the fault of the guy in the makeup when the cops try to abuse their authority and he resists.

None of this would have happened if some scardy-cat students didn't call the cops about his makeup. He was arrested for being different. They just used his behavior when they pushed him over the edge as an excuse.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am curious. What initially caused the police to even be called? Because he was dressed as the Joker? If they were called merely because of the makeup, then it would seem it was the police officers who have created the situation and I agree with Fort.

If on the other hand, the kid created the situation that caused the police to be called; i.e, acting a bit too in character, then it becomes a toss up.

The police had opportunity to ask him to leave the classroom peacefully so they can at least just talk to him right quick.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Now I am an admitted 100% nerd, but if I were that guy, I woulda had just stayed home from school that day, or left when they demanded I take the makeup off

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I guess i'm the only one this time that thinks everyone here is missing the point.

He was a disturbance to the learning process people.

Why in the world should it be ok for someone to go into an "learning institution" that many folks pay alot of money to learn, undisturbed, and "disrurb" others?

Come on people...really.

People called 911 because of someone not following a dresscode and seriously freaked them out.

Instead of making a scene he could have responded to everyone's well wishes, including the schools annd either removed the makeup or himself from class.

Freedom is not an excuse for ignorance. Especially in this news doom, everyones a killer environment we have created.

I would bet my dollar that he knew he would create a "situation". But that is just speculation on my part.

Seriously, this is not about freedom of expression here. He was on property not owned by him looking suspicous as hell.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I can't...stop...laughing...I love your dancing cat!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

FortAnthem
A college kid preparing to go to a Comic-Con type thingy decided to wear his Joker makeup to class before heading over to the Con. Bedlam ensued.

You called? This was not me. I'd have to shave off my magnificent Duck Dynasty-esque beard.

On topic, who *said* he spit at them and tried to headbutt one? Did anyone but cops see it? Or did they take him aside, tell him to remove the makeup, he refuses, they make up s# and 'testi-lie' about it?

Yet another reason cops should be forced to carry recorders they can neither turn off nor erase. If it happened that way, they've got nothing to fear. In fact, it would corroborate their statements.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Why would somebody call the police? That's pathetic. I'm trying so hard to believe in people, but they are not scoring any points...like ever. Jesus Christ this is ridiculous.

Also, A.C.A.B., f*** the police, etc...My stance on police is pretty unforgiving, sorry.

The kid with the makeup is the only one I'm happy with in this situation. He'll probably whine about being arrested though, and be a pansy about the whole situation, and then there will be nobody to root for because they all suck...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Now I am an admitted 100% nerd, but if I were that guy, I woulda had just stayed home from school that day, or left when they demanded I take the makeup off

Why though? What laws were you breaking if you decided to do this? What policy was broken? I am sure that the university has its share of costumed students during Halloween -- are they different? Excepted?

Isn't a university the ultimate point of when our youth 'discover' themselves or explore their boundaries?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FortAnthem

People are being conditioned to be afraid of damn near everything today. Kids in school are taught that the very image of a gun (or a group that supports gun rights) should have them shivering in fear and anyone acting out of the norm must be reported to police as a potential menace.

A college kid preparing to go to a Comic-Con type thingy decided to wear his Joker makeup to class before heading over to the Con. Bedlam ensued.

Pa. student in Joker makeup suspended amid charges

A student has been suspended from a western Pennsylvania university and faces criminal charges amid police claims that he was belligerent and spit on an officer called to a classroom because the student wore makeup that made him look like the Batman villain "The Joker."

Smith and DiLucente said the student was planning to attend a comic book convention after a class that day, and didn't mean any harm.

According to a police complaint, several students were startled by Smith's appearance in the makeup and a black hooded sweatshirt and called 911. A gunman last year killed 12 people when he entered a Colorado movie theater during a Batman movie, while wearing Joker-like makeup.

Philly.com

Initially, the police quickly determined that Smith was not threat to anyone and left the classroom. Then, for no good reason, they came back minutes later and demanded that Smith remove his makeup. Like anyone faced with jackbooted police oppression, Smith became angry, argued with the officers, eventually spit at them and allegedly tried to headbutt one, resulting in his arrest.

The cops even went so far as to attempt to have Smith involuntarily committed to a mental institution for saying he felt like killing police (a natural reaction to thuggish police behavior IMO).

I'm just surprised nobody ran screaming from the classroom when he came in.

Smith was released on $25,000 bond and has a preliminary hearing Oct. 23 on charges of aggravated assault, resisting arrest, terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.

All that because he wanted to go in character to a comic book convention.

Jackbooted

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I want to blame the cops but the article isn't making it easy. Saying the cops came back for no good reason is a horrible thing to write. The cops clearly had a reason, they should write what it was so we can decide if the cops were right or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If I was that kid- I woulda been pissed off too.

"It took me hours to do this make-up you damned Nazis...PATOOEY!"

::makes joker grin::

We also have to remember- the COPS are the ones saying he spit at them and tried to "headbunt" them.

These days- I have a very hard time believing anything comming out of a cops mouth.

Especially when they come back to start crap with the kid after they found out he was not breaking any laws.

Who in the hell are they to make him remove his make-up? Thats not their job- He wasnt breaking any laws.

If the school wanted him to remove his make-up they could have told him themselves.

If you ask me- the cops just wanted to fry some fish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join