It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you live in a "Constitution Free" Zone???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yea, that's right. For those of you on ATS whom are Americans, did you realize that we have zones that are Constitutional Free????

Take a gander. If you live in Florida, bend over!

So where did this crazy law come from???

Homeland Security!!!!

Here is a vid!

OH WAIT! Don't slam me because of my video source, because here is the link to the ACLU whom is warning Americans about this Draconian "UNCONSTITUTIONAL" Law!

•Normally under the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, the American people are not generally subject to random and arbitrary stops and searches.
•The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”
•But what is “the border”? According to the government, it is a 100-mile wide strip that wraps around the “external boundary” of the United States.
•As a result of this claimed authority, individuals who are far away from the border, American citizens traveling from one place in America to another, are being stopped and harassed in ways that our Constitution does not permit.

Source

So argue all you want about our government being out of control and whether or not there is a police state, but when something like this becomes a reality that our own government declares the Constitution null and void in certain parts of the United States of America...............Houston WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!

This is just to wake you folks up on ATS whom are fighting over which party is better, D OR R and let you realize that this has been snuck right under our nose, while we fight to defend these traitors and their laws and agendas!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Unbe#nlievable.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think the DHS needs a smaller tip on that red marker.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow! What year did this actually go into effect? He says in the video they were told to review it in 2008. So was that also the year of its inception? Or was it in effect before that?

Also, this sounds like it is tied in with maritime laws that have been a subject of scrutiny in recent years.

ETA:
Ok. In re-reading parts of his article, he says...

The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”

Always!? Uhmmm. What?
edit on 10/4/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Nephalim
I think the DHS needs a smaller tip on that red marker.

I think DHS needs their marker taken away completely. Then they need to be sent home without pay for... forever.

And they can send us some of that ammo they scooped up too.

On these constitution free zones, they are unconstitutional. Completely. The USA is a Constitutional zone and nothing they say can change that. They'll try though.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I am still digging trying to find it, Klassified! If anyone else can find it, feel free to post. I don't care which administration approved it. It's wrong and needs to be changed and those whom approved it, need to go see Bubba in a little prison cell......

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

well now, if the constitution is invalid in those areas
whence comes dhs's authority? hmmmm?

we're seeing too many "laws" and regulations [read bureaucratic whims]
which are in essence nothing more than pseudo-legislative "because i say so" as the thug lays it's hand on it's holster.

if it's the law of the jungle, I'm perfectly fine with that,
and fine with dealing with any creep that wants to steal my laptop or phone, accordingly,
on the basis of that Supreme Law.

I'd post a very instructional video but having posted it before on yet another police brutality thread, had it deleted, and am now on warning [rolls eyes]
just google for larken rose's website and look for the video titled: "when you should [snippitty snip
] cop?"

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

There are a lot more about this same map.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Klassified
ETA:
Ok. In re-reading parts of his article, he says...

The border, however, has always been an exception. There, the longstanding view is that the normal rules do not apply. For example the authorities do not need a warrant or probable cause to conduct a “routine search.”

Always!? Uhmmm. What?

Having lived in that zone for 30 years and crossed the US/Canadian border a ton of times, I would agree that for the border, yes, that's always been the case. I've had my car torn apart, been searched multiple times, been interrogated, and they really had no reason to do so, apart from the fact that I was entering the country.

The 100 miles thing is new, I think (though I was accustomed to seeing Border Patrol agents cruising around Grand Forks, 80 miles from the border, for most of the time I lived there,) but unless someone can point to a) an incident where the Border Patrol conducted an otherwise illegal search and seizure and b) a court case that refused to throw out evidence from such a search, on these DHS "exclusion zone" claims, I'm not sure I'm buying that this is anything to be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Seriously, why don't they just color it in?

It would be more accurate.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

seeker1963

I am still digging trying to find it, Klassified! If anyone else can find it, feel free to post. I don't care which administration approved it. It's wrong and needs to be changed and those whom approved it, need to go see Bubba in a little prison cell......

If I could go back in time to 2000, I would have turned down the gig I did as a contractor to setup their first implementation of a database software I work with. They were power hungry then, I just didn't see it becoming THIS.

-SN

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Good points.

If this turns out to be factual. And so far, I'm on the fence. Even if they haven't actually used it yet, at least to our knowledge. The knowledge that they can, becomes a sore spot, and a threat against 4th amendment rights, at the very least. And at the most, you give up ALL rights, just by being in that zone. So I would think it isn't just a matter of, have they. But rather will they, and when.

Is this preparation for down the road a little ways?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I guess in a way, that's somewhat realistic, but not entirely.
My state is almost entirely surrounded by that line, and here's what I can tell you.

In Wisconsin, the DNR has tremendous power, no warrant needed to be on private land, no probable cause either.
Until recently, there was a huge separation of powers between the DNR and other authorities e.g. Sheriff.

By that, I mean, the Sheriff could stop your boat for speeding, but the DNR couldn't.
The DNR could stop you for non-registration of boat or to check your fishing license, the Sheriff couldn't.

In waters of lake Michigan, highlighted in the O.P. the DNR had almighty power, and the Coast Guard did as well, under the guise of "Safety Checks".
No warrant, no probable cause needed to come aboard and check for flotation devices, fire extinguishers, etc.

With exception of a few lakes statewide, there was no Sheriff present, and the few that had them had a propensity for truly high powered speed boats, and speeding was the only jurisdiction the Sheriffs had.

Here's the kicker: Until several years ago, Wisconsin had no laws against open intoxicants, and no law regarding B.A.C. while operating.

As soon as a law went into place regarding alcohol usage, every authority out there had a reason to board your vessel.

Now-a-days, every municipality out there has patrol boats, and the right to board, still under the guise of "safety checks", or simply having seen an open beverage, being water, soda, etc.

Anyway, I guess you're right.
Our rights went down the tube, not due to Homeland Security, but rather M.A.D.D.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Thanks for your contribution to the thread! I live within the 100 mile radius from Lake Erie. Thankfully I haven't run into this because I am not a boater/fisherman any longer. Also I live in a rural community, so those whom are in law enforcement are pretty well known. Thus no anonymity for them. They act out badly, the community knows who they are.

What you described though seems to be more of the DUI enforcement which is nothing more than a new way to create revenue, than protecting the public. Hell, the supreme court even said it was not the police job to protect the public but to UPHOLD THE LAW. So with that being said, WTF?????

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
...because everyone knows that the remote, often frozen beaches of Alaska are a major throughfare for terrorists entering the USA.

I'm not gonna ':BARF' on the SOBs this time like I usually do, instead here's both middle fingers displayed in the general direction of America's cancerous lession, Washington DC.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

This video is a testimony by a man who says he experienced a stop by border patrol inland. It's only one case so far, but it's a start. The ACLU is spear heading this, and are quite adamant that it's factual.

Link on ACLU site: Source

edit on 10/4/2013 by Klassified because: link

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that vid Klassified!!!

Pretty sad, that this administration tells our border patrol to leave illegals alone, but the goons in the border patrol whom blindly obey the government find it so easy to screw over citizens of this country......

I really can't say much more about it at this point. It's quite obvious that our own government has turned on it's citizens while turning a blind eye to those whom do not belong here.

But I guess that is what the Cloward and Piven Strategy is all about, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Here are some links, compliments of adjensen, you might find interesting, regarding the extent of powers, and the 100 miles inland.

Powers
Definitions

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Another thank you Klassified for those two links!

What disturbs me is that it is all geared at least from what I read and understand, towards protection from illegals.

However, this administration has already proven that illegals get a "Get out of jail Free Card" while citizens go straight to jail!

The double speak and hypocrisy of this administration gets more and more disturbing the more you learn.....

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
That map is a lie. The whole country is a constitution-free zone. You can be arrested, detained and even killed without a warrant. You can be spied on without a warrant and let's not even start talking about how there's not a single state that is free from obama's secret army. Soon, the obamacare thing will kick in and we'll all be pushed into the constiuttion-free zone and if you think you're off the hook because you live in Georgia (Didn't they refuse Obamacare?) then you still have to deal with illegal wiretapping and such.

The list goes on but my point is, that map is not very accurate because there's not a place in the country that isn't being buttraped by the feds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join