It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sets Himself On Fire Near To White House.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The only reason this is happening is because there is a dictator controlling America, who represents a shadow government, who are pushing for the NWO.. The fall of America is the only way that is going to happen, its obvious the American people are targeted by their own establishment.

No one is fighting back, people are not coming together to kick the president out of the white house, people are just sitting back, being dept-slaves, losing their rights, and having every taken from them every year more and more..

So yes, obviously someone is distressed enough to light himself on fire "near" (hope that makees Phage feel better) the WH.. Its a statement not that the man is insane, that the establishment is insane. Even though your useless-robotic americans will "tweet" and "facebook" how crazy that man was.

The bigger picture is, the American people are being played until Hell is unleashed upon them, and the dictator gives the greenlight for whatever they are planning, be it WW3 or a bigger "terrorist attack" that makes 9/11 forgettable.

WAKE UP AMERICA. Turning off your tvs, radios and internet, is the first step to turning ON YOUR BRAINS.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Strange that he would do it here if he was upset at the White House?

media.npr.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet...or if anyone has seen this mentioned in any of the news articles...but I happened across this today while searching for updates on the man....

The man himself said nothing before the fact. But according to one witness, he said everything he needed to say without saying a word.
Just before lighting himself on fire, the man turned toward the capitol building…
…and saluted.

Source For The Above Quote

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

There is a large American flag featured prominently on the capitol.
Isn't a salute a sign of respect?

edit on 10/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, it usually is, indeed. That was along the lines of what I was trying point out. I wondered if perhaps he was a veteran. His identity is still unknown, thought perhaps this might be a clue as to who the man was.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In a morbid reality check of our current condition and the blatant lack of respect that some have for the present troubles of this nation:

In a testament to the strange and chaotic week it had been in Washington, a group of tourists snapped photographs of themselves in front of the police tape near the scene, with the Capitol looming in the background.

Source: USA Today

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is truly tragic. Nothing is worth killing yourself over... If it was indeed related to what is going on with the government, as it seems, this should be a smack in the face to our 'leaders' to repent of their self-serving attitudes and behaviour. They need to seek justice and righteousness, seek to serve and not to be served.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I can't grasp my head around some people's actions nowadays!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Really my friend. The attitudes of some of our "citizens" can be as wrenching as the tragedies that befall those who are observed.

edit on 6-10-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Can't find anything of this incident in the british press.

Is there much coverage of this tragedy in the US press?

Not knowing the man's motives is a huge problem in judging the situation as terrible as it truly is.

It allows the imagination to start to wonder what could drive a person to such desperation and the US has already had two 'unexplained' tragedies in Washington this week with NO answers. ' 'Why; is important from people who know NOT from people who want to brush these incidents under the carpet.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
An empire in steep decline and the citizenry know it. Some just have decided to immolate instead of let themselves be devoured by the flames. *respect*

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Couldn't get away from this train of thought when I saw the original of this image

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Phage

There is a large American flag featured prominently on the capitol.
Isn't a salute a sign of respect?

edit on 10/6/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yes, saluting the flag is a sign of respect for all that it symbolizes.

As he was shooting, a man appeared in the center of his frame, standing near Seventh Street, with his back to Soto. He poured gasoline over his body from a canister, and, before igniting the fuel with a lighter, gave the Capitol a crisp military salute.

Crisp military salute does kind of spell veteran. Definitely political and it almost seems to fit a certain kind of ideology that is within the military in a willingness to sacrifice oneself for one's country.

Washingto n Post
edit on 6/10/13 by WhiteAlice because: forgot link, tired.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Another Attempted Self Immolation in America, This Time in Houston

intellihub.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This could be some kind of terrorism going on.
intellihub.com...

Houstonian Larry Mukes who was changing a flat tire across the street ran over to see what was happening.

A man with his trunk open across the street? Could that be where the gas can came from?

A Larry Eugene Mukes was convicted of murder and possession of CDS for controlled dangerous substance in October 1983.

newsok.com...

Here is a appeal he tried.

www.gpo.gov...

That would of been when the Beirut barracks bombing happened.

Right now the Oklahoma DOC inmate look up is down?

docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us...
edit on 6-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

MidnightTide
Another Attempted Self Immolation in America, This Time in Houston

intellihub.com...

That one actually occurred on the 27th of September according to this local news report: www.khou.com...

I really find it irritating when news aggregators start churning out news so make it seem like something is daily though self immolation attempts happening even in a little over a week's time from each other is not typical.

The KHOU article states that the Houston man was in front of Exxon Mobil. That guy is in a suit. Either he was a former Exxon Mobil employee or a protester that decided to try to go out on a snazzy note. Having grown up in the oil industry and considering the man took a meditative stance similar to the Buddhist monks, I'm guessing the latter of the two. Every single oil company person that I met was not the meditative type as that particular world is a kind of ruthless one.

reply to post by JBA2848

Suicide, even in protest, does not immediately equate to terrorism unless it also takes others with them (ie suicide bomber/mass shooter), at least not in my book. Horror and terror are not the same emotions.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I posted earlier about how it has been used in the past leading to attacks. They use it as a noncombat peaceful warning before they do a attack or begin combat Terrorism bombings and so on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Two independent and seeming unrelated self-immolation events do not make for a possible terror event in the near future. The number of times that self immolation has been used as a form of protest is actually surprisingly high and is not strongly associated with a "terrorist" attack though it does have strong associations with the eruption of civil unrest.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeanWormer

Puts me in mind of the film Falling Down with Michael Douglas.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

get the marsh mallows out and have a party

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join