It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sets Himself On Fire Near To White House.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

I'm also glad I didn't make an assumption on how it got changed. Very interesting on that......especially since the picture they use shows it almost on the lawn of the Capitol building.

Well, I've been there myself once for a headline/story changing after my OP went up. Can't blame anyone using the title as it appeared.

That is interesting how they first chose to list it, then changed it...and just why on either? Hmmm.. Thanks for the reply and yeah, I'm glad you screen cap'ed it. That's not something I see often. It sure happens tho. bad MSM. bad bad.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: CapitOl building....lol

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Are things finally at the tipping point? Has the government finally asked the people to tighten the belt a notch to far? Is it now cutting off the circulation of the lower half? It's a good thing we don't have any new taxes imposed... Oh... wait...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I saw this thread at it's inception. I've been struggling to find some way to voice my dismay. The horror and shock, on the tail of a woman (unarmed) who basically did the same thing, only it was "death by fed".

Sadly, I feel, this is only the beginning.

Words. . . they fail me. . .

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

I will be checking back here every hour tomorrow. I want to know what comes of this story, what the precise motivation was in this instance. Some have drawn comparisons with the gentleman who set himself ablaze in Tunisia, which kicked off the Arab Spring, which is understandable given the political circumstances, and the similarity in terms of the incident itself.

However, I would like to know precisely what made this personal for this more recent self immolation practitioner.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wonder if this will get much or any play on the MSM. If it does someone report on it here I ditched cable a while back.

My cousin works security there but he currently laid off like so many others.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by TDawgRex

Of course it's troubling. It's a terrible thing. Horrifying. That's my point
Adding "near the White House" is completely unnecessary and creates the impression that this occurred within sight of the White House. He was near the middle of the Mall.

Come on Phage, you're ruining the fun! I prefer to think of this as an act of protest. Has more spice to it, and lines up with today's troubling times.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First off this reminded me of a scene from a movie I saw recently called "Seven Psychopaths". The scene is below and imho is quite incredible.

Honestly I hope that this man had a particular mental problem and that it isn't the beginning of some kind of trend by a rung of society who has reached the end of their ropes. If this man lacked some type of clinically definable mental illness and instead was motivated purely by his situation then the darkness we currently find ourselves in is much deeper than I had realized.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Are things finally at the tipping point? Has the government finally asked the people to tighten the belt a notch to far? Is it now cutting off the circulation of the lower half? It's a good thing we don't have any new taxes imposed... Oh... wait...

I don't know how much tighter the belt can go for me. This past week has truly rendered a feeling of hopelessness for many.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've been following this thread since it posted on the live topics feed. Checking back in to report. Not one single mention of it on any MSM TV News show I've watched today. No press coverage on it at all. Considering it happened close to the White House, one would think something would have been said.

Here is one of only a few stories I found online. WARNING GRAPHIC PICS. With pics of the man on fire.

Man sets himself on fire at National Mall, one witness says his accomplice filmed the entire ordeal: report
Police responded to reports of a self-immolation at the National Mall on Friday. The man was rushed to a local hospital by helicopter after using fuel to set himself ablaze near the National Gallery of Art in the middle of the mall, which remains closed due to the U.S. government shutdown.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And they want to know who was there taking pictures in order to control the photos that will be released.

media2.s-nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My guess is that this will be buried on the back page. What you will hear of it will probably consist of the man having psychotic breaks with reality and snapping on those around him, when in reality he was going mad trying to figure out how to feed his family and keep his home.

Of course I am guessing here and I could be totally wrong... time will tell if the media allows it of course. I suppose we will all have to guess about the what ifs until.

There are millions of people that live on the edge daily. There are millions more that can be pushed to that edge fairly easily. This will not be the last event we see in Washington if the government stays shut down. If I had money myself, I would bet on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This could be pretty serious. As others have said, self immolation has sparked massive protests in history. It happened to protest Vietnam and it happened recently in several Arab countries. About a year and a half ago a friend of mine killed himself this way in order to protest a court ruling.

When people are driven to public suicide in a very painful way as an act of protest things are not stable. Between this and the shooting I'm extremely concerned. These are the types of actions that spark revolts and lynch mobs. This is not what happens in stable countries.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

The opening line in your post: "Is there something really wrong in Washington." ?

3 incidents of people going berserk. Each a death wish. I don't like the instant availability of details of their lives.
Something is really wrong with those people being in Washington.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Phage

Lmfao Phage. That must have been a first for you

All things aside, this reminds of the monks that set themselves on fire during Vietnam.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

1Providence1

Phage

Lmfao Phage. That must have been a first for you

All things aside, this reminds of the monks that set themselves on fire during Vietnam.

It seems someone of the new moderators on this site has it in for Phage. Must be the Iphone generation
edit on 5-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

JBA2848
And they want to know who was there taking pictures in order to control the photos that will be released.

media2.s-nbcnews.com...

Here are pics for you;

Btw, let us not forget those brave DC Capitol Police cops, armed to the teeth, that executed that poor confused and unarmed woman in the car with her 1 yo daughter. They received a standing ovation and a support button from our dear congressional whores (may they all die violently and go straight to hell)

The Sergeant At Arms also tweeted a quote by Senate Chaplain Barry Black praising the police who shot Miriam Carey, 34, after she drove away from a random checkpoint near the White House.

“Lord we’re grateful for our law enforcement agents and first responders and pray we may emulate their patriotism and self-sacrifice,” he said of the officers involved.

Even a thank you speech and 1 minute applause.

Have we elected psychopaths into that whore house on capitol hill?

You be the judge.

In the meantime our dear leader made head lines on CNBC

And the treasury is standing by on the default date Oct 17th to order FED to issue these;

Personally I think we are very close to the total collapse of USA. These are indeed the last days of Rome.

Enjoy the ride. You paid for it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Well... my initial intention to review this thread every hour has been scuppered by outrageously unfortunate internet connection failures. In response however, to your question regarding the possibility that the people of the USA may have elected a collection of psychopaths, I would say the chances are pretty good.

Psychopaths have two very aggravating tendencies, in terms of their ability to attain power for themselves. They are very good at it. However, they get where they get by manipulation, lies, threats and intimidation, rather than hard work, skill, and ability to perform the role they are aiming to attain for themselves.

That is why the number of high powered business types who have psychopathy is markedly higher than in the lesser echelons of society, and I would imagine the same goes for politicians. At the end of the day, psychopaths like power. Where ever they can most easily gain it, is where you will find them more often than not.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Well... my initial intention to review this thread every hour has been scuppered by outrageously unfortunate internet connection failures. In response however, to your question regarding the possibility that the people of the USA may have elected a collection of psychopaths, I would say the chances are pretty good.

Psychopaths have two very aggravating tendencies, in terms of their ability to attain power for themselves. They are very good at it. However, they get where they get by manipulation, lies, threats and intimidation, rather than hard work, skill, and ability to perform the role they are aiming to attain for themselves.

That is why the number of high powered business types who have psychopathy is markedly higher than in the lesser echelons of society, and I would imagine the same goes for politicians. At the end of the day, psychopaths like power. Where ever they can most easily gain it, is where you will find them more often than not.

Well written response TrueBrit. Perhaps then, it is time for the ppl of United States to demand an official Psychopathy test for all politicians aspiring to serve the ppl? After all, they demand a driving test of us to drive a car, and who knows how many other tests to prove we are decent and worthy citizens of our own nation.

Any other branches you can think of that should have a psychopathy test before getting the job?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Well thats just the thing, psychopathy is very hard to positively identify, precisely because those who carry that psycho-stigma are naturally very skilled at lying, at appearing normal. They cannot empathise with others, but they can impersonate empathy brilliantly. Their ability to manipulate is both subtle and overt, and gives them an edge during a psychometric test, and even interveiws with psychiatric professionals.

It would take a very long time to assess an individual in enough depth, over enough time, and under enough different circumstances, to positively state that they were psychopathic. Its one of the things that makes that maladjustment so dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join