It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Facebook Erupts with Citizen Sticker Shock

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hence, the initial roll-out glitches were intentionally initiated.

Absolutely possible !!!

Two reasons come to mind;

1. Good excuse for the low response.

2. We are dealing with a *grudge & jealousy* based administration.

The glitches also provide the always needed scapegoats to allow the needed excuses for failure.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

SWCCFAN

Remember when Obama wanted to spread the wealth around?

Yes, and even then Ben (The Thing) Grimm wasn't buying it.

Harte

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
All of these different "levels" like gold and platinum sound just like a pyramid scheme to me. You know, the kind of schemes that get shut down by the S.E.C all of the time .... I've never seen something so ridiculous on a grand level

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't see the "glitches" as intentional on Obama's part because that would make him look like too big of a fool for trying to roll it out too early when he had the chance for a pass/delay. Here's what I do think...

1. I believe that Obama might stoop so low as to blame the Republicans for hacking the ACA computer system making it inaccessible.

2. I believe that the blame is turning more towards the Democrats now that Americans are unhappy with the roll-out and the pricing sticker shock. I believe the longer the government shutdown continues, the more Republicans will be able to convince Americans that the program isn't going to be affordable or work the way they expected.

3. I believe that the longer the government shutdown goes on, the more Americans are going to view Obama and Reid as sadists for having kicked old people out of their homes who were living on federally owned land and unnecessarily roughed up veterans for visiting memorials while trying to delay their benefits.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Flatfish

Whats the point of having capitalism if you cant make any profit? Do you work for free?

The problem is lawyers and doctors make too much money in relation to the services they provide. Sure medical and law school are over-priced and graduates are over-burdened with debt. One should look into all these problems to determine a solution.

Forcing everyone to have medical insurance is not like car insurance where a serious accident with an uninsured driver can cost you time, hassle and money. If you cant afford healthcare insurance you are only risking your own life and health, not someone elses. State welfare has been covering the poor for a long time now.

That's the issue. I don't lump doctors in with lawyers at all. Doctors used to make good money, as they should. But since the insurance companies collude over fixing payouts and fees, the doctors have to run a revolving door in their practice to make money. The profit goes to the insurance companies. In Denmark, where medicine is socialized, you can wait all day to see a doctor, and wade through a room full of people with everything from runny noses to major illness. The doctors don't get paid more either way. How much time can he/she take with you in that scenario?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 7-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Daedalus

Prove anything you just said. Stop parroting right wing lies. Then I can answer you honestly.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

so you deny that we are required to buy health insurance under the individual mandate?

you deny that the heritage foundation is a NGO that lobbies for the insurance industry?

you deny that we are required to pay a fine if we don't purchase this product from these companies?

i'm not "parroting lies", i'm stating facts....you think they're untrue, show me how wrong i am..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Deetermined
I don't see the "glitches" as intentional on Obama's part because that would make him look like too big of a fool for trying to roll it out too early when he had the chance for a pass/delay. Here's what I do think...

1. I believe that Obama might stoop so low as to blame the Republicans for hacking the ACA computer system making it inaccessible.

2. I believe that the blame is turning more towards the Democrats now that Americans are unhappy with the roll-out and the pricing sticker shock. I believe the longer the government shutdown continues, the more Republicans will be able to convince Americans that the program isn't going to be affordable or work the way they expected.

3. I believe that the longer the government shutdown goes on, the more Americans are going to view Obama and Reid as sadists for having kicked old people out of their homes who were living on federally owned land and unnecessarily roughed up veterans for visiting memorials while trying to delay their benefits.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Plenty of Democrats including some of the talking heads either insinuated or outright blamed republicans for the glitches and said the Teaparty used hackers. You know that same group some Democrats said have low IQ, hicks, and haven't had an original thought since they were born. I have to say I'm not for this government shutdown (I think it's stupid) but the Democrats are stupid for not funding some of the necessary parts of the government during the shutdown. You can't get on your high horse and say the Republicans wont negotiate and it's all or nothing with them and then do the exact same thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

We told you idiots YEARS AGO and you didn't believe us!(You Know Who You Are!)

Now you get what you deserve and WE ALL HAVE to pay for it now!

Now stop bitching and Do something about it to Stop this!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

xuenchen

Corporatism is ultra Left Wing, not right wing !!!!!

are you freaking serious?!?
as much as I agree that democrats are as much into the whole corporatist/capitalist bullswag; the whole idea that leftist are the real fascists(corporatists) is revisionism at its worst!

the right wing will allow corporations to run roughshod over the country sooner then the left will.
quite frankly it always astounds me how the right can think that they are somehow less fascist then the left; when it seems to me their policies are fully geared to allowing corporations to do exactly as they please with no responsibility or accounting at all.

frankly America has become so fascist on both the right and left that it is hard to even talk about things because the msm propaganda stream has occulted 'truth' so much that understanding hardly seems possible anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Benevolent Adversary

Both of the big parties are for statism, corporatism and globalism. The only minor difference is that republicans want to spend more for the military industrial complex than for welfare, while the democrats want to spend more for welfare and less for military industrial complex.

The differences are so trivial its hardely worth discussing!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

eggman90

That's the issue. I don't lump doctors in with lawyers at all. Doctors used to make good money, as they should. But since the insurance companies collude over fixing payouts and fees, the doctors have to run a revolving door in their practice to make money. The profit goes to the insurance companies. In Denmark, where medicine is socialized, you can wait all day to see a doctor, and wade through a room full of people with everything from runny noses to major illness. The doctors don't get paid more either way. How much time can he/she take with you in that scenario?

Everyone makes a profit, but you cant make much of a profit if doctors charge too much for their services, medicine is over-priced, people with chronic health problems take advantage of loopholes.

Yes insurance companies are getting protection from the government, but to deny that healthcare is over-priced in america compared to other countries is dishonest. Medical school is also grossely over-priced as graduates can accumulate up to $300k in debt by the time they are done. Then go work grave yard shift at a hospital making much less than expected.

Its a complicated problem and many share the blame!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Bassago

Onslaught2996

So an actual republican took the time to read and sign up and guess what...found out it isn't as bad as the right wingers love to say.

Maybe because he gets a 72% subsidy on his healthcare plan. If we got the same maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Obama care is a train wreck. (there fixed it for you)

edit on 992pm5858pm52013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

^^^^^ This is the crux of the matter

Lets look at the other side.

My wife's employer has had informal talks about dropping their health coverage (she works for a non-profit - a Lutheran Church).

My employer has been on shaky ground due to the economy. What is stopping them from dropping coverage and putting all the employees on the exchanges? It is cheaper to pay the fines than it is to pay for everyone's premiums - premiums are going up faster and faster it seems. At the very minimum, they could pay less of the premiums.

I looked at our state's exchange - we would get no subsidies for a plan that costs $500/month at a minimum. Apparently we are too "rich" which is news to us.

Sure, ObamaCare may help the people on the bottom who didn't have access to Medicare/Medicad, but all it does is shift those who once had adequate insurance off the roles.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by The Benevolent Adversary

Both of the big parties are for statism, corporatism and globalism. The only minor difference is that republicans want to spend more for the military industrial complex than for welfare, while the democrats want to spend more for welfare and less for military industrial complex.

The differences are so trivial its hardely worth discussing!

How come when the republicans said they are for the sequester Obama went out to those Navy yards/Military factories and said the cuts would be disastrous?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join