It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama -Governor Bentley Issues Statewide State of Emergency Due to Expected Impact from Tropical S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The situation looks to be getting grim for Alabama residents, a State of Emergency has now been declared by the Governor.

"Alabama Governor Robert Bentley on Friday declared a statewide State of Emergency in anticipation of heavy rains and high winds likely to result from Tropical Storm Karen. With landfall of a tropical system, tornadoes are possible. "

This activates the Alabama Emergency Operations Plan..!

[url=http://governor.alabama.gov/newsroom/2013/10/governor-bentley-issues-statewide-state-emergency-due-expected-impact-tropical-storm-karen/]Source[/ url]

Just hope Karen won't bring misery and chaos.
All those residing there, please stay safe.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

I have a lot of family in AL, I hope that this ends up blowing over without too much harm.

Question - with gov shutdown, how does that work with FEMA and all?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Honestly? I have no idea.

Taking a bite at it given how things tend to function? I would assume it's considered a non-essential service while military bases overseas are "essential".

If they really worry, have them get to high ground and even then, if there's a forecast for high chance of tornadoes they should get out for a bit, if they can of course. Cause sometimes in our era now, losing a job is more devastating than being hit by a tornado.

Hope they stay safe.
edit on 4-10-2013 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

join