It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran passes ‘pedophilia’ law to let men marry adopted girls

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This happens in many countries around the world, old men marrying girls, and the west isn't really bothered, it's just the fact that it's apparently in Iran.

We have to turn Iran into a monster. We cant use the WMD excuse again.

Iran must be shown to be an evil place where they hang sodomites (well, men that shag men of their own age anyway) and legalise peadophilia.

Next week no doubt will produce the first (legal) wedding between a man and a goat in Tehran where at the wedding feast the president will execute a couple of gays in their honour.

Maybe then the US can invade to rescue the goat...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
People latch on to the weirdest things.

Marriageable age in Iran was 13 for girls long before this article came up, yet that is the thing to focus on?

You know the age of consent in Angola? 12
Austria? 14
Bolivia? Puberty
Brazil? 14
Bulgaria? 14
Burma? 14
Cape Verde? 14
Cameroon? Doesn't even have a minimum
Chile? 14
Colombia? 14
Ecuador? 14
Estonia? 14
Germany? 14
Hungary? 14
Italy? 14
Japan? 13
Liechtenstein? 14
Macedonia? 14
Mexico? 12
Montenegro? 14
Paraguay? 14
Peru? 14
Portugal? 14
San Marino? 14
Serbia? 14
Spain? 13

And these aren't restrictions involving like "Only if the other party is similarly aged" or anything like that. In THOSE cases, some of these ages go down to even 10. Some of these listed, however, allow for prosecuting if "deception" was used.
edit on 7-10-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

AND

Add Iran to that list.

Disgusting world we live in eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh, there are a number of Muslim countries. I didn't mean to deceive by omitting them. I restricted myself to Christian (and some eastern/buddhist) countries to prove my point: Rather than being a religious issue, differences in age of consent is due to cultural disagreement on the definition of 'child' and 'adult'.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I think very few in this thread actually mentioned "Religion". I'm sure many would love it to be the main point, This is why so many defenders bring it up but we humans are screwed up enough without it, then on top of that add "Religious" dogma and we have a real disaster imho.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Alright, then, excluding religion, (and at this point probably somewhat unrelated to the main topic at hand, but I'm curious, so) why is it "disgusting" that some countries assign people enough of an "adult" status that they set the age of consent to a point just past (and it being past is important!) puberty?

Some countries simply start treating people as adults sooner. I'd argue that in the places where age of consent increased in the past 100 years, it wasn't so much due to "Righting the wrongs of the past" as it was to addressing the gradual "youthening" of the population- where 100 years ago, "children" usually were full-time helping out on their parents farm/shop/smithy/whatever in preparation to take over, today, in some places a person is not considered "ready for real life" until they've completed high school and college (and is probably in their mid-20s).

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

As I stated earlier in this thread. "If" the female say aged 14 or older chooses to marry/procreate then I have no issues with that. It's the places/situations where the child gets "Married off" whether they want to or not. Now, where are all the notoriously over the top ATS liberal 'Human rights' advocates on this one?
edit on 7-10-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

But not 12 or 13 (while being post puberty)?
I don't think I've ever been put in the "notoriously over the top ATS liberal 'Human rights' advocates" group, but I agree with what you say otherwise, of course. It should be a mutually agreed upon thing.

Also, not that you're stating it (although you might be, I can't tell?), "arranged marriage" is another cultural hang-up I've noticed. People seem to think it is the pit of evil or something. But if the families of 2 people scout around, investigate, and then arrange (with both relevant parties' consent, of course) a marriage between the two, what is the wrong in that? That is how most "arranged marriages" I've seen happened. Heck, I seem to remember a study a couple years ago showing how arranged marriages lasted longer on average- which makes sense too, considering that they were arranged with individual and family compatibility in mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join