It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are enough Republican crossover votes to pass a clean CR, Boehner won't allow the vote

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting things have been happening in the House this week.

It seems Democrats have often voted along the lines of Republicans.

Also, Democrats seem to be voting against many social type program funding.

two sites to follow these amazing trends ..............

U.S. House of Representatives Roll Call Votes

GovTrack

ones example;

H.J.Res. 75: Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014

(R) yes-222 --- (R) no-0
(D) yes-22 --- (D) no-164

Hmmm.

edit on Oct-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Both sides are playing the game of brinksmanship. Where does the Buck stop???? That's who needs to set the tone for the dialogue and debate. If you continually try to ram only your agenda through, both sides will fail.

There is no give and take in Washington anymore. That's the real problem. It's my way or the highway for both parties.

When supporters from EITHER side fail to take into consideration the OTHER sides viewpoints/needs/demands then things fall apart. They talk AT each other rather than TO each other.

Both sides are guilty of it and both sets of supporters need to admit that their side isn't 100% right.

Good Luck with that.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Add to the list of false rhetoric, the mantra that the Shut-Down saves money by furloughing Federal Employees. The GOP put forth and passed a bill this week that grants all Furloughed Federal workers FULL BACK PAY.

So now the GOP has succeeded in their agenda to fully PAY Federal Workers to sit home and not work.

The irony/hypocrisy train never slows down with the GOP.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Indigo5
Add to the list of false rhetoric, the mantra that the Shut-Down saves money by furloughing Federal Employees. The GOP put forth and passed a bill this week that grants all Furloughed Federal workers FULL BACK PAY.

So now the GOP has succeeded in their agenda to fully PAY Federal Workers to sit home and not work.

The irony/hypocrisy train never slows down with the GOP.

Hmmm

which bill was that ?

Did it pass the Senate ?

Did Obama sign yet ?

Added 2 minutes later;
would that be this one?
the one where nobody voted *NO*

And " Introduced by Rep. James “Jim” Moran [D-VA8] on September 30, 2013 "

H.R. 3223: Federal Employee Retroactive Pay Fairness Act

(R) yes = 218
(D) yes = 189
[ not voting = 24, ...13(R) ... 11(D) ]

edit on Oct-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That's the bill alright. Now puzzle me this...Did the Entire GOP just vote and pass a bill to pay Federal workers to sit home and not work? ...I don't care if Dems also voted for it...it is in fact a fair bill...but the GOP??? Paying people to sit home and not work? And Federal employees no less? Just another gaping hypocrisy.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Indigo5

That's the bill alright. Now puzzle me this...Did the Entire GOP just vote and pass a bill to pay Federal workers to sit home and not work? ...I don't care if Dems also voted for it...it is in fact a fair bill...but the GOP??? Paying people to sit home and not work? And Federal employees no less? Just another gaping hypocrisy.
edit on 5-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

It don't matter.

The Senate has *der ordazz*

And I think the employees can collect unemployment ?

Maybe they only recover the difference later ?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join