It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are enough Republican crossover votes to pass a clean CR, Boehner won't allow the vote

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by buster2010

The Constitution was designed so the majority would rule. When you support a small group to rule over the majority like Boehner is doing then they are supporting the dictatorship

Majority rules IS a Dictatorship!!

A democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting what is for dinner.

A Republic, protects the sheep.

When I get into a political debate, I ALWAYS go to the Constitution to see if my views are right or wrong. Unlike those whom base their beliefs on fraudulent political parties designed to create division........sigh

Then America has always been a dictatorship. You may go to the constitution but it's too bad you don't understand it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

xuenchen

What small group are you referring to ?

The House has a Republican majority.

Yes...in one half of the legislative branch (House of Representatives) the GOP have a slight majority.

And yet their leader forbids "The People's House" an open vote on a clean resolution, despite that majority, because he is well aware if the "People's will be done" it would not be the will of the minority faction of his own party.

This is a minority faction (30-40) members of the House of Representatives taking the American Economy hostage along with the other 400 people's representatives.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Blarneystoner
The way I see it, the POTUS can't give in. The GOP is essentially holding the American people hostage, if it's allowed to be succesful it sets a precident and no future budget will ever pass without riders. Imagine if the Dems attached some gun control legislation to the budget bill... lol... I can hear the Fox News bobbleheads screaming bloody murder now....

Will someone please get Boehner a tissue?
...and some decent tanning cream.

The GOP has a majority in the House and they represent the majority of the population.

They seem to be listening to the people.

The Democrats usually don't do that. They prefer Tyranny and Dictatorial systems.

Sour Grapes stain the Drapes

I hope Obama isn't getting any silly *Martial* ideas !!!!!

Everything is being exposed.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well then, tell your congressman to submit a bill that replaces the ACA with something better. Let it go through the proper process. If the House approves and the Senate approves it, you got it!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Then America has always been a dictatorship. You may go to the constitution but it's too bad you don't understand it.

Ha! Bravo! I am glad that is all you got.....sigh

Let me leave you with this tid bit from the Federalist #1

It has been frequently remarked, that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of men are really capable or not, of establishing good government from reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend, for their political constitutions, on accident and force.

You are obviously the latter. Even our founding fathers were smart enough to see what we might become.

Reflection and choice versus accident and force.......

But I guess you know more about the Constitution than I do, so I will bow out and allow you and your intellectual superiority and knowledge of my most favorite document to continue your two party partisan nonsense.....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Well then, tell your congressman to submit a bill that replaces the ACA with something better. Let it go through the proper process. If the House approves and the Senate approves it, you got it!

First off, my congressman is a fracking progressive that wouldn't listen to common sense unless it came with a prostitute and drugs. And even then, he'd just twist whatever common sense said, and use it to pad his own coffers.

Second, other solutions have been brought forward, but the tyrant and his lackeys in the senate have squashed them flat so they never got to see the light of day.

I shouldn't be surprised though. We live under a dictator in a police-state.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

beezzer

Second, other solutions have been brought forward, but the tyrant and his lackeys in the senate have squashed them flat so they never got to see the light of day.

Interesting...Could you please cite those failed bills? I follow these things closely and seem to have missed them? All I have seen from the GOP in terms of healthcare reform proposals are different flavors of "just die already!"...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

So, this "CR" means that all ACA exemptions will go by the wayside?
And the Democrats will be good with this?

These?

• Waiving the employee mandate
—without congressional approval.
• Waivers for many groups for one (1)
year—without congressional
approval.
• Allowing exemptions for members of
the White House and a selective
group of legislators—without
congressional approval.

www.forbes.com...

and these...a very long list
obamacareaca.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

beezzer

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

First off, my congressman is a fracking progressive that wouldn't listen to common sense unless it came with a prostitute and drugs. And even then, he'd just twist whatever common sense said, and use it to pad his own coffers.

Sounds like sour grapes because the congressman you didn't like won the popular vote in your district. But that is the proper process. You mean other bills were introduced, but voted down, i.e., the proper process was followed? More sour grapes. Dictator in a police-state? Really?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

God... I hate this new format....

edit on 4-10-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Indigo5

xuenchen

What small group are you referring to ?

The House has a Republican majority.

Yes...in one half of the legislative branch (House of Representatives) the GOP have a slight majority.

And yet their leader forbids "The People's House" an open vote on a clean resolution, despite that majority, because he is well aware if the "People's will be done" it would not be the will of the minority faction of his own party.

This is a minority faction (30-40) members of the House of Representatives taking the American Economy hostage along with the other 400 people's representatives.

Welcome to checks and balances !!!

PPACA passed when Congress was all Democrat majorities, including the population.

In 2010, the population changed their minds because of the wild Left Wing idealisms being pumped out.

In 2012, that change of mind was re-affirmed.
[ although Republicans actually lost 7 seats in 2012 because of re-districting ]

And, this goes far beyond just the PPACA.

PPACA is only one part of the wild binge spending.

We are now witnessing how much of the over bloated government is actually a waste.

I wonder how many useless corrupted thieves in government and thieves with contracts are getting *shafted*

And, I wonder what the population count is for each Senator ?

Hmmm.

One example of Senate imbalance is Harry Reid himself !!!!

Nevada has a population of about 2.8 million people.

The other U.S. Senator from Nevada is a Republican.

So it looks like Reid only represents 1.4 million people !!!!!

Sooo --- *Who* does he think *He* IS ?

Reid is just a bigshot from a small town in reallity !!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

It always cracks me up when the right quotes irrelevant portions of the Federalist papers...and everyone applauds without understanding what they are hearing.

Federalist #9 describes the far-right near perfectly..

A FIRM Union will be of the utmost moment to the peace and liberty of the States, as a barrier against domestic faction and insurrection.

It is impossible to read the history of the petty republics of Greece and Italy without feeling sensations of horror and disgust at the distractions with which they were continually agitated, and at the rapid succession of revolutions by which they were kept in a state of perpetual vibration between the extremes of tyranny and anarchy. If they exhibit occasional calms, these only serve as short-lived contrast to the furious storms that are to succeed. If now and then intervals of felicity open to view, we behold them with a mixture of regret, arising from the reflection that the pleasing scenes before us are soon to be overwhelmed by the tempestuous waves of sedition and party rage. If momentary rays of glory break forth from the gloom, while they dazzle us with a transient and fleeting brilliancy, they at the same time admonish us to lament that the vices of government should pervert the direction and tarnish the lustre of those bright talents and exalted endowments for which the favored soils that produced them have been so justly celebrated.

From the disorders that disfigure the annals of those republics the advocates of despotism have drawn arguments, not only against the forms of republican government, but against the very principles of civil liberty. They have decried all free government as inconsistent with the order of society, and have indulged themselves in malicious exultation over its friends and partisans. Happily for mankind, stupendous fabrics reared on the basis of liberty, which have flourished for ages, have, in a few glorious instances, refuted their gloomy sophisms. And, I trust, America will be the broad and solid foundation of other edifices, not less magnificent, which will be equally permanent monuments of their errors.

edit on 4-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Indigo5

beezzer

Interesting...Could you please cite those failed bills? I follow these things closely and seem to have missed them? All I have seen from the GOP in terms of healthcare reform proposals are different flavors of "just die already!"...

I could do some homework, but you'd have to be partisan and blind to ignore all the other alternatives to Obamacare when it was being debated.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

kaylaluv

beezzer

kaylaluv
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds like sour grapes because the congressman you didn't like won the popular vote in your district. But that is the proper process. You mean other bills were introduced, but voted down, i.e., the proper process was followed? More sour grapes. Dictator in a police-state? Really?

Dictator, police-state? Yes.

Sour grapes? Not so much. I just happen to live in the middle of progressive central. (ooks me out sometimes)

Liberal state in a liberal part of the country.

I'm a stranger in a strange land.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You do realize that if Obama was a dictator and this was a police state then ATS wouldn't be allowed to operate, there would be no debate or politicking over Obamacare and you (as well as many of us) would be in some prison being tortured right?

Since so many people believe that i am just curious, when was the last time U.S. troops or any authoritarian figure showed up at your place and arrested you for speaking ill of this mythical dictator of which you speak?

When was the last time some men "took" your wife/daughter for their sexual gratification?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

beezzer

Indigo5

beezzer

I could do some homework, but you'd have to be partisan and blind to ignore all the other alternatives to Obamacare when it was being debated.

What homework Beez? You made the claim with certainty, but are unaware of any specifics?...if one must be "partisan or blind" not to see them, then surely you must be able to easily cite a single alternative complete healthcare reform proposal forwarded by the GOP?
edit on 4-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't favor any political party but I side with any politician in congress that wants to kill Obamacrap, I applaud any of them, they can not give in, is for the good of the tax payer and the middle class that are the ones been targeted with Obamacrap.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I'm lazy puddin'. I googled and found pages of examples. I'm at work but I imagine that if you continue to be snide and pester, when I get home I'll provide some links for you.

I'm also getting ice cream for the family. What flavour do you like porkchop? I'll get you one also.

(big grin)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by beezzer

You do realize that if Obama was a dictator and this was a police state then ATS wouldn't be allowed to operate, there would be no debate or politicking over Obamacare and you (as well as many of us) would be in some prison being tortured right?

Since so many people believe that i am just curious, when was the last time U.S. troops or any authoritarian figure showed up at your place and arrested you for speaking ill of this mythical dictator of which you speak?

When was the last time some men "took" your wife/daughter for their sexual gratification?

Is that your only definition of a dictatorship?

Rape?

Really?

-wow-
(rolling eyes)

*Can we get some decent emoticons here please!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

So, this "CR" means that all ACA exemptions will go by the wayside?
And the Democrats will be good with this?

Again, I have zero clue what this has to do with the topic of Boehner being solely responsible for continuing this government shutdown, but since people don't want to respond to that or can't think of a good excuse for supporting what he does, I guess I will respond to the off topic posts.

Congress passes the law, Obama hasn't given any waivers or exemptions...HHS has. It is written directly in the ACA to give the HHS discretion over how the law is implemented and grants them authority to do exactly what they are doing. But it is easier for Republicans to say Obama is doing it, when that is 100% false.

And no, the employer mandate will still be delayed, and certain groups have always had exemptions. Your last point is 100% completely false and I've seen it covered here on ATS many times showing how it is false.

Now, since I was polite enough to respond to your offtopic post, would you care to comment on why you think Boehner and a minority group of Congress should hold our country hostage just to try to get their way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join