It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are enough Republican crossover votes to pass a clean CR, Boehner won't allow the vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The government shutdown could be over right now...only if Boehner would allow a vote on a clean CR that has no ACA modifications in it.

As of right now, 21 House Republicans have called for a "clean CR" that removes all ACA modifications from it so they can end the government shut down. Those 21, along with the House Democrats, make up enough votes to pass a clean CR to continue to fund the government. However, Boehner...one man...controls what comes up for a vote in the House and he has declared that he won't allow a clean CR to come to a vote...even though it would pass.

So we have a majority in the House that want to pass a CR that will end the government shutdown, a Senate who says they will immediately pass that CR, and a President who says he will immediately sign that CR. A minority extremist sect of Republicans are denying that.

Here is a list of House Republicans who have declared they support a clean CR.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Boehner could bring the clean CR bill to the floor and have it pass, but instead he is playing games with the American economy. They will waste time in an attempt to score political points by passing individual spending bills for their pet projects, and then act outraged when the Senate doesn't pass them. Those pet projects could be funded right now if they just passed the clean CR.

As time goes by, more and more House republicans will turn on the Tea Party...but Boehner is so enthralled to them that it may not matter.

One man is responsible for this shutdown, and that man is John Boehner. People often talk about Obama and how he acts like a dictator, but right now John Boehner is single handedly continuing this shutdown even though the majority in both houses want to end it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I find it hilarious to watch the federal workers unions protesting that they can't "stand outside".

Being the highest paid and least productive workforce in the United States, their arrogance and impudence is palpable.

edit on 4-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I personally listened to a lengthy interview with "one of the 18" reps that was touted as being ready to switch votes. He stated it was the oldest liberal trick in the book. No was not only him, but none of the "18 wobbly" had any intention on switching votes. It was a total fabication in a liberal press hoping to foster Republicans to join in on the defection, even though there never was one.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hey AS.... Are you interested in the labeled "Non Essential" jobs??
Seems the Government has jobs they don't need.... No not really, they label jobs that put the "Public at Risk"
as "Non Essential" FAA, NTSB, Wonder if they are going to label Air Port Security? Now that is one I would agree with.
But do they Stop Foreign Aid pay outs?? Nope. Do they Cut Their Traveling? Nope. Heck those two items would kill the deficit.
We are in the grips of a Cabal that is determined to bring our Government Down. They've been at it for a hundred years. Federal Reserve.

Sorry for getting off subject.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

tkwasny
I personally listened to a lengthy interview with "one of the 18" reps that was touted as being ready to switch votes. He stated it was the oldest liberal trick in the book. No was not only him, but none of the "18 wobbly" had any intention on switching votes. It was a total fabication in a liberal press hoping to foster Republicans to join in on the defection, even though there never was one.

And what is this Reps name?

Convenient that you left that little bit of information out so we can't actually check if what you say is true.

If you follow the link I provided, you will see that they have a source for each Republican Rep that they say is ready to vote for a clean CR. Either an official statement from their office, a comment in an interview, or a tweet.

On the other hand we have you, who claims you listened to a "lengthy interview", but fail to give the Representatives name and only know him as "one of the 18".

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The very minute, the split second that a republican votes for Obamacare, it stops being "Obamacare" and instead becomes Boehnercare, Governmentcare, Republicancare.

It'll happen eventually. Many of the republicans are spineless scum who don't deserve the bottom of an outhouse.

But until then, Obamacare belongs solely with the democrats and with the president.
Where it should belong.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

tkwasny

WOW...DENY REALITY MUCH???

These guys have been on CNN and TWITTER and releasing public press statements saying they would vote for a clean resolution????

Not spin, but their own words!!

CEASE THE BS! Your post should be pulled for the gross ignorance and dishonesty.

Here's a list form a few days ago and it has grown significantly since then!!

Rep. Pat Meehan (R-Pa.): “At this point, I believe it’s time for the House to vote for a clean, short-term funding bill to bring the Senate to the table and negotiate a responsible compromise.” [Press Release, 10/1/13]

Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.): “Time for a clean [continuing resolution].” [Official Twitter, 10/1/13]

Rep. Jon Runyan (R-N.J.): “Enough is enough. Put a clean [continuing resolution] on the floor and let’s get on with the business we were sent to do." [Burlington County Times, 10/1/13]

Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.): A Fitzpatrick aide tells the Philadelphia Inquirer the congressman would support a clean funding bill if it came up for a vote. [Philadelphia Inquirer, 10/1/13]

Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.): Barletta said he would "absolutely" vote for a clean bill in order to avert a shut down of the government. [Bethlehem Morning Call, 10/1/13]

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.): King thinks House Republicans would prefer to avoid a shutdown and said he will only vote for a clean continuing resolution to fund the government, according to the National Review Online. [NRO, 9/30/13]

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.): The California Republican told The Huffington Post he would ultimately support a clean continuing resolution. [Tweet by The Huffington Post's Sabrina Siddiqui, 9/30/13]

Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.): “I'm prepared to vote for a clean [continuing resolution].” [The Huffington Post, 9/29/13]

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.): A Wolf aide told The Hill that he agrees with fellow Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell (R) that it's time for a clean continuing resolution. [The Hill, 10/1/13]

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.): A Grimm aide told The Huffington Post that the congressman supports a clean continuing resolution. [10/1/13].

Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.): A local news anchor in Minnesota tweeted that Paulsen told him he would vote for a clean resolution if given the chance. [Blake McCoy Tweet, 10/1/13]

Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.): A constituent of Wittman's sent The Huffington Post an email she got from the congressman indicating he would vote for a clean funding bill but hasn't had "an opportunity to do so at this point." [10/1/13]

Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.): LoBiondo told The Press of Atlantic City he'll support "whatever gets a successful conclusion" to the shutdown and a clean funding bill "is one of those options." [The Press of Atlantic City, 10/1/13]

Rep. Randy Forbes (R-Va.): Forbes told The Virginian-Pilot that he supports the six-week clean funding bill that passed in the Senate. [The Virginian-Pilot, 10/2/13]

Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.): The congressman issued a statement saying he would "vote in favor of a so-called clean budget bill." [Office of Rep. Jim Gerlach, 10/2/13].

Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.): Lance's chief of staff confirmed to The Huffington Post that he told a constituent on Wednesday that Lance has voted for clean government funding bills in the past "and would not oppose doing so again should one be brought to the floor." [10/2/13]

Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho): Simpson told a Roll Call reporter Tuesday night, "I'd vote for a clean CR because I don't think this is a strategy that works." [Daniel Newhauser Tweet, 10/1/13]

Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.): Young told Tampa Bay Times reporter Alex Leary that he's ready to vote for a clean funding bill. "The politics should be over," he said. "It's time to legislate." [Alex Leary Tweet, 10/2/13]

Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.): The congressman told Miami Herald reporter Marc Caputo that he would vote for a clean funding bill, provided it has the same funding levels contained in the Senate-passed bill. [The Miami Herald, 10/2/13]

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-N.Y.): "I would take a clean (continuing resolution)." [Observer-Dispatch, 10/2/13]

Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.): A Davis constituent tells The Huffington Post that a Davis aide told him Wednesday, "Congressman Davis is prepared to vote 'yes' on a clean CR." Asked for comment, Davis spokesman Andrew Flach told HuffPost that Davis isn't "going to speculate" on what bills may come up in the House and "will continue to vote for proposals brought to the floor that will fund the federal government." [10/2/2013]

Rep. Tim Griffin (R-Ark.): Asked on Twitter if he would support a clean funding bill if it came up for a vote, Griffin tweeted, "sure. Ive already said i would support." [Official Twitter, 10/2/13].

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

beezzer
The very minute, the split second that a republican votes for Obamacare, it stops being "Obamacare" and instead becomes Boehnercare, Governmentcare, Republicancare.

Or how about the Affordable Care Act?? A law that was debated for a year, voted on openly in congress and the senate, signed by the President and upheld by the Supreme Court and affirmed through two elections, one where the President ran on the promise of Healthcare reform and another after the law was passed?

Put a CLEAN RESOLUTION to a VOTE of the PEOPLES REPRESENTITIVES.

When the GOPs demands include refusing to allow the People's representatives to VOTE..>TO SPEAK THIER WILL....even despite having a GOP Majority in Congress....THAT is TYRANNY....Ya know...that punch line the far-right has been BSing about for years...In keeping with their stunning ability to not recognize irony or hypocrisy...the far-right is actually imposing Tyranny, where as before they just falsely accused others of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

beezzer

It'll happen eventually. Many of the republicans are spineless scum who don't deserve the bottom of an outhouse.

But until then, Obamacare belongs solely with the democrats and with the president.
Where it should belong.

I really have no idea how this relates to the topic of the thread, seems like that is a common theme here...most replies from those that seem to lean right aren't addressing the topic, but are more attempting to take this off topic...I wonder why.

Anyway, voting for a clean CR is not voting for the ACA...the ACA has been voted on already and was passed. The only thing we should be trying to solve right now is re-opening the government with the funding it needs...not trying to win a battle the Republicans have lost over and over.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

tkwasny

Yeah that is so not the case. If it was then he would call the vote to show that they were united. The fact is that the GOP is watching the polls and as the pressure mounts more and more of them vill distance themselves from the tea party hold outs and vilify them. Either they sacrifice the tea party or the GOP goes boom. This is why the GOP members are getting more and more vocal that they do not support the shut down and want to move on. The party leaders are ticked because this is a battle they did not want and they know they can not win. Of course if all this a "liberal" fabrication then they can settle that right now with a vote.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

beezzer
Where it should belong.

Yep. The Rabid Right really shot themselves in the foot calling the ACA, Obamacare.

Now that Obama has adopted the name himself, it will be forever called Obamacare and he gets instant immortality.

And when, eventually, it leads to single payer, it will still be known as Obamacare.

Ms Bachmann and her cronies really didn't think it through did they.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It must be nice to like every law that's been passed.

I don't get a chence to talk to many that are for the Patriot Act, NDAA, or any LAW that has been signed!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And I have no idea why MSNBC isn't paying you!

A clean CR will be a final capitulation and the start of the end for the US.

Just relax, it'll come soon enough.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Obamacare will be an apt footnote on the epitath on America's gravestone.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why should he?

Why in the blue hell should Boehner compromise on his stance, that has already been compromised on 4 different times, when the Democrats and the Senate refuse to budge even an INCH?

There are two ideologies that run rampant in this country. The Left and the Right. At what point are we supposed to just allow one side to dictate everything that happens? At what point did it become perfectly fine for the Left to make demands but when the Right does it they are holding a nation hostage?

Keep the government shut down. Non-essential means just that whether these people are working or not. If they are non-essential jobs then they shouldn't exist to begin with.

The people who are complaining about the parks and what not being shut down, that is on Lord Obama, not the government shut down. We all know that with the government shut down we can't afford to place security at places where there isn't normally security, so therefore we need to barricade these places off. AND we all know that servers for websites shut down immediately if funding is cut, yet the servers are still online enough to display an "Inactive" web page.

People are so gullible, buying into the party politics as usual and while all of the asses and elephants chortle their way to the bank, the American people continue to do what they do best: be idiots. Feed on the bait hook, line, and sinker and allow themselves to be divided.

God knows there was so much unified support against Syria that the government got scared. Now we need some good old separation to get people fighting amongst themselves again.

Fools.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

It must be nice to like every law that's been passed.

I don't get a chence to talk to many that are for the Patriot Act, NDAA, or any LAW that has been signed!

Oh...I sure as crap don't like every law that is passed...But I am confused? If some people don't like a law, it is OK to circumvent all three branches of government, take the US economy hostage and demand it be repealed? Damn the Congress that passed it? Damn the people that elected those representatives? Damn the people that elected the President? Damn the Supreme Court? Damn the Executive branch? and Damn the rest of the country that disagrees with you? Damn the constitution? Damn Democracy.....You just want what you want???

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

beezzer

A clean CR will be a final capitulation and the start of the end for the US.

Subjugating all three branches of government and the will of the people to the ideological extremist demands of a faction of government holding government hostage will forever change our government.

That is why if I like ACA or not is irrelevant. This is effectively a coup d'état...seizing power form the people.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

beezzer

Is that a prediction from you Beezzer? I seem to remember a prediction from you not too long ago about who would win the last presidential election. I also remember all those different humiliating avatars you had to use afterwards.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I was unaware that all Americans were for Obamacare.

My bad.

This must be some rogue group of pols that have infiltrated the government because all Americans just lo-ove! Obamacare.

Pity Tom Clancy is dead, it'd make a good book.

(rolling eyes)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

kaylaluv

beezzer

Is that a prediction from you Beezzer? I seem to remember a prediction from you not too long ago about who would win the last presidential election. I also remember all those different humiliating avatars you had to use afterwards.

We'd all better hope like hell that I'm wrong here also.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join