It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook News Feed Topics are Superficial and Ridiculous.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Facebook culture is one that only talks about superficial and ridiculous topics. The culture has avoided, or pushed out sharing important issues that might offend people. I want no part of this immature, silliness.

I'm challenging people to bring to light issues that need attention and support. There are many.

A year or two ago, I took a stand to share important issues with what is suppose to be "friends". Well, truth be it known, FB is only about getting your friend number up high enough to show other friends you are important in the FB community, but to post about what you had for dinner, where you are going this weekend, how you like this and that, is elementary minded thinking.

The "friends" you think you have on FB by majority are NOT your friends! Will they attend you or a relatives marriage? Will they all drive you to chemo daily if you needed it? Will they ALL offer you the shirt off their backs? No! They are prop/filler/pretend friends who get your friend numbers up. That's it. Why is everyone bothering with trying to act in such a "happy-go-lucky" type of attitude? It really gets under my skin!

My challenge to all of you is to bring REAL ISSUES to light! Fight for what you believe in and who cares if a few pretend friends drop you!

It's time we all talk and live the values that many of us posses. Unfortunately, by nature, the high majority of us are followers, not leaders. To be a leader takes courage and a grasp on what can change the world!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Are on facebook? Do you use it? What about twitter?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

A thing | have re: farcebook™ You know besides the IPO scam that Agent Zuckerberg et al. pulled over folks and then gets married the very next day in Ca. where if/when the scam is discovered they only have to give back $50B..

No the thing that really gets Me is the sales of "likes" That new restaurant that is opening and needs a new website, they buy "likes" from Farcebook™ It'll be One person's picture, another's first name, and on and on... What is the "product" on farcebook™? You are! With ALL the dirty tricks going on, folks don't think and they go apefeces typing crap and then BINGO! ALL that info is seined and mined, then "they" KNOW more about You then the 3 "real friends" You do have...

The biggest IPO in history having to do with computers and the "computer goes down" come on! ALL the big $$$ got a phone call for that 18 minutes "Don't Buy" 'Sell' "Stay OFF" while Jimmy Shortwallet busted His a$$ to scrape up enough for an investment and guess what? He LOST His A$$, just as it was scripted... Look at the losses at J.P.Morgan™ (Big Whale from London; New York office where the Lady mgr. made $130M while She LOST $9B and reported losses of $4B

WAKE UP!!!

namaste

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

i over blow my newsfeed with news on FB

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I must say I agree pretty much with all you described there.

I don't get much out of it. The only thing I do get out of it is hearing some good music from musicians I keep up with there.

My favourite social networking site was myspace back in the days when it was popular. I liked meeting all the different people from all over the world, hearing some great music and being in a musically centred network. It was quite crazily edgy and good in some ways. But then I did even get frustrated with that all of the time.

It's all just a lot of superficial, digital, two dimensional, non sentient white noise. I fail to see what we can get out of it really. It's a horrid way to meet new people online. Never seems to work. May be it's just me, I don't know.

Good luck if you do get something out of it, but for me it is too limited. Give me REAL LIFE any day.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I do kind of agree with you, however, like all bits of the internet based on user generated content, FB is what you make of it.
I don't have a single FB friend I don't know in person. As I live away from where I grew up, it is the only way I can 'hang out' with old friends, mostly just trying to make each other laugh, occasionally talking about more serious things, just generally keeping in touch. I have a few news/science/alt politics/music/literature ect. pages I like to keep up to date with.

Yeah all the 'look at my dinner' 'I'm on a bus lol' gets a bit tedious but a regular friend cull will weed out the really annoying ones.

Basically, it is what it is, use it wisely or don't, it's up to you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well, precisely. They WANT FB to be as superficial and shallow as possible. Don't get too deep. Don't delve into real issues. I put real stuff on my news feed all the time. There's several real world issues that I regularly post about.

One thing I did was take off anyone and everyone who I thought wasn't a friend enough to listen. A real friend listens. So, step one is to eliminate the majority of "friends" on FB. Then, the rest who stick around or who you care enough to share your views with will be there -- and then that's your way to stay connected, exchanging ideas, thoughts, knowledge with them in a meaningful way through a shallow device. HA! Take that FB!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If all you get on your FB newsfeed is drivel maybe you should cull out your friend list! I like a certain amount of humor, but my newsfeed is populated by all sorts of news and information- especially since a good many of my friends are very active in politics and various social causes and volunteer work.

A helpful hint: Keep your FB friends list small, and only populate it with people whom you would hang out with in RL!

top topics

join