It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelist Rick Joyner, head of MorningStar Ministries, calls for a military takeover of government.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I think homeland security will be keeping an eye on this guy now, they might even pay him a visit

They are closed too pink slipped I believe until further notice....I could only wish!

Trinity

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

desert island you say....sounds very appealing as long as I can have my GF with me and a fishing rod...I think I would like that

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I hear he did this because he went to Egypt over the summer and found it to be a little slice of heaven. Then he went to Myanmar and found their long term military governance to be nirvana.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Serdgiam

tadaman
reply to post by gladtobehere

But You tell me how else to fix a thoroughly corrupt and treasonous government and political class?

By fixing the society that spawned it?

YES! Now, good luck with that! Where would we start? Public schools? Parents? Religion? God! The list goes on and on. But, yes, fix society and government will have to fall into place.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

That is the question, isnt it? Or the same cycles will just continue to repeat until technology reaches the point where such things lead to mass destruction...

I tried to start an open source discussion on a variety of those topics, linked in my signature.

I dont think that many people really care about it, but we have so many amazing tools right in front of us to pursue a way of life that fosters independence and enablement of individuals rather than dependence and control.

Its either up to us individuals, or the cabals behind the curtain. I am not sure either one is very likely to do it, but personally, I am going to do my best and I think I have some really neat things to try to work towards it in my own way. Perhaps you do as well? We all work towards "something" anyway, might as well try to make it something beneficial for everyone.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Y'all should be listening to tadaman.

He's trying to wake you up.

And olaru, at that.

Be prepared for what is -inevitable-.

If you want to be in the best position possible, that is what you want to do. Stop moaning and groaning about what things need to change...

As the founder and CEO of Amazon once said, "Put yourself in front of the wave." But maybe, in this case, "See where the wave will be... and don't be there!" IT depends on what your function throughout this transition will be. Are you a warrior? Or are you a seed?

If you are not one of the two, then what is your purpose?

For even during the entire history of the United States, there has been expansion and war. What -is- peace?

Except for those that seek peace are those that fall. But those that are peacemakers are those that thrive.

Peacemakers are weapons.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I have never doubted martial law is a strong possibility for the near future. In fact, I think that is exactly what the government is working towards.

Doesnt mean there arent alternatives, and it also doesnt mean individuals cant fight for a better way of life outside of the bullsh*t cycle that martial law would just perpetuate.

Its not like any of this is new, this type of thing has been going on for quite some time.

It is my opinion that its time to try something different, but maybe a lot of people are happy with the SSDD scenario played out over the centuries.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

It's a little heartening that you want something different.

But the fact is there is no other way. It's not about right or wrong. It's about what's gonna happen and what's not gonna happen.

It's absolutely and utterly pointless to decide against that which is inevitable except for to be on the wrong side of the wisdom of strategy.

It's not time for idealism, as far as the human condition is concerned, at this moment. It's time for some courage, honesty, purity, and determination.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Why are those attributes mutually exclusive?

Someone working towards an ideal is exactly what martial law is as well. And one can work towards an ideal in any situation, with "courage, honesty, purity, and determination." I will not be dissuaded from working towards something better simply because some others may have given up hope.

Further, one who can see the stacked deck and what will come of it, is in a great position to redirect the forces at play.

Keep that in mind for what happens next

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It's not about giving up hope. It's about understanding reality. These are not directly related.

You can have hope about an outcome. But understanding what is inevitable is within reason.

I know the sun will rise tomorrow. I hope it will be a warmer day. But in the event that it is not a warmer day, I will prepare to work and to dress for the cold.

Does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It more than makes sense.

As I said, I expect martial law.

Perhaps the misunderstanding does not reside with me.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

That cycle isn't going to be undone by us.

It is as if you are claiming we should just, in the meantime, seek to put the jet stream back where we believe it "seems" to belong.

You say that it is okay for us to fight for some other ideal.

The military force is not ideal. It's a reoccurring reality. The ideal, as so many naive rightly expect, is some semblance of peace and prosperity. The military force is required, historically, to reignite the desire for such a desire for simple and yet prosperous living.

And yet, we continue to take advantage and strive for more, after the revolutions, and yet we come back around to the revolutions.

I mean, that's what revolutions are, right? Reoccurring?

Does the earth not revolve around the sun once every humanly accepted 365 1/4 days? And there is your revolution, ideally.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You misunderstand me completely...

Thats ok, it would require far too much time and in the end you may be far too attached to your current ideology (whatever that might be).

You may accept what you perceive as the inevitable, and I will continue to say "damn the odds."

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Clairaudience

tracehd1

Clairaudience
Omg, lol! What a nutjob! Sadly some people will believe what he says, gladly it wont have any major impact on any of us, or the system.

Well I guess propagating doom and the coming "apocalypse" is indeed a good money maker.

What the heck is this " Nutjob ATS'er" saying? They like our present corrupt Government? That they condone Washington taking our rights away and destroying of our Constitution?

Last time I checked the US is still the mecca of freedom, free speech, wealth and intelligence.

I really wonder why you defend a person that wants Martial Law in-order to "rehabilitate/restore" the US.

I kind of wish people like you would just stop and listen to what you are saying.

Last time I checked, the United States Constitution was supposed to be upheld by our elected leaders - they swore an oath to do this.

Now ... not only are our 2nd amendment rights under constant attack from our Government, so are our 1st and 4th amendment rights.

A revolution is necessary.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This guy sounds nuts. It's like the absentee dad that thinks his child support check makes up for all the beatings the kid witnessed, and all the missed birthdays. America has been a sham since it's inception really. It was just way better at illusion. The american dream is dead. I am not convinced it ever lived to be honest. I think it was just some really good propaganda.

Maybe I am just jaded from being a native, but hell. Plenty of other groups also had it bad. Come to america and work hard, do the right thing, and you will prosper. That was the message that led a plethora of indentured servants here to die from being overworked. Some people in the past were able to come here and lead a bit better lives than the ones they left, I guess that is good. But it was never no utopia here, we have plenty of dirty secrets, and I am not convinced we have done more good than bad.

Our world seems to be corrupted worse than my 10 year old hard drive. Unless you are born into the right bloodline, doesn't really matter where you live, it's still struggle. Some places worse than others, some places have a better illusion than others.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The US was at best, in its birth and throughout its existence...an Idea.

It was the thought that compels free men , and the soul in the hearts of those that yank back on their fetters over and over again. Because though the flesh may be unable, it is the soul that is unrelenting in trying to break the chains that hold it.... More so than the strength of the chains fixed upon us meant to stop the will of free men. One always yields the other....eventually.

We are no different than any man that has walked the earth before us. We are not "better". We are however, NO WORSE...

That has some consolation. The end result is that we will always strive to improve that which is placed before us. We will always be compelled to search for truth. We will always have a spark of wisdom in us. We will always have a glimpse in our minds of the "right way".

That IS ENOUGH to try. It is everything. It is all we ever had.

The US isnt going to one day wake up and be this paradise it is compared to. People who compare life on earth to a paradise that has never existed here are blind. What CAN exist here is a world of mortal men....In that though, a world of FREE MEN none the less.

That too is enough.

Where the yoke is placed on us, we will resist and buck. Where the whip is laid on our backs we will survive and grab it from the task master and snap it in two.

WHY?

BEcause that too is part of our human nature. It is unavoidable, irresistible. It is also the greatest challenge to those that would hold us down. It too is part of their nature, though they must resist it.

It is in the nature of every free man to liberate others. It is the instinct of every slave to enslave all those he comes in contact with.

They that kill freemen are slaves. It is them as well that must be freed. Not from wealth and privilege. That is their own problem if that is all they can see in life.

They like us must be freed from the slave mind. We all must be liberated.

Would a military dictatorship be the answer? I am not an expert in anything enough to say. I know that NOTHING else will do a damned thing though. Not in our world...sorry.

At the end of the day anything else will be the effort of, and the product of...the slave mind.

Our masters are not masters of anything except the monopoly of the use of force, the imagination of law written and then rewritten to their convenience, and our will.

Our will I left for last.

The reason being is that it is not our own until we claim it. Until we do, it is theirs to wield and mold as they see fit. Only a slave would agree with his taskmaster in matters of better slavery.

The end result of a military takeover WILL NOT BE a utopia. Nothing , I repeat NOTHING, will bring that except death IF you believe in heaven.

As for mortal men, the best we can do is to live as FREEMEN. BUT that is enough....if you ask me.

I could live with that....Even if I couldnt live trying to make that.

Now, I dont think that will happen.

Not to this generation. Not to this breed of man. We are not what we were. Not because anything has changed in us, but because we are still too content to be on the taskmasters good side....not realizing that his best side is just another slice of hell.

When we realize that it is our very survival that is placed in the hands of worthless men we will be ready to claim our will to defend it...and express it.

Until then ladies and gentlemen. We will be here in one form or the other. YOU do whatever you think is best.

When the US, or the world, is willing to change we will hand you the key that never existed to those chains....Your soul.

Until then,

Hold it down.

edit on 10 5 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

olaru12

juspassinthru

I submit that DoD and it's 3-letter-agencies completed a military takeover on 9/11/2001.

The military/industrial complex took over the government long before 911.

as Zappa said....."politics is the entertainment branch of the military industrial complex."

There are even a few of us who know the date on which the coup took place.

" November 23,1963"

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

kdyam

Clairaudience
Omg, lol! What a nutjob! Sadly some people will believe what he says, gladly it wont have any major impact on any of us, or the system.

Well I guess propagating doom and the coming "apocalypse" is indeed a good money maker.

You may not be saying that is more of the people you call "nutjobs" decide to actually express their beliefs... Jesus had similar beliefs to oppression... so why would these guys think any differently? I am not a bible thumper but I agree with what he has to say..... our government is a joke... our government is looking out for their own interests and the interests of whatever corporation that is going to currently give them more money... DENY it or not.

YES! Nice, mhhh, love the smell of hypocrisy. Right, everybody, lets support a man who asks for all of your rights to be stripped away! Indeed, Martial Law, its the answer to restoring everything the bad bad government has taken away from us!

Good job pal, I especially enjoyed the part where you compared this lunatic with Jesus. Nice one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join