It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should gamers be accountable for in-game war crimes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It's another one of those situations where someone who doesn't know anything about gaming is attempting to have influence. I'm playing Diablo III. Demons are everywhere! OMG! I start tearing them apart with my Demon Hunter, who gets her power from Hatred. I mean... um. Go for it, Red Cross.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If this rule were to be enforced I would personally end up in jail. Or executed, executed several million times.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
this is beyond silly it is foolishness, and plain stupidity, it is a GAME anything goes, as far as playing by the rules does the terrorist play by them? NO will the red cross or geneva go after them , if they know whom they are?
Look at Syria now is anyone playing by the rules of war there ? I think not, Red Cross you should spend more time in er on real world problems than going after make believe games where the point is anything goes, with in game play.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Depending on the game I am not really against penalizing people for those actions.

What I'd really like to see is a BROKEN ANKLE penalty for all those bunny hoppers out there. Jump too many time and you go prone for the rest of the round...............

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

pavil

Depending on the game I am not really against penalizing people for those actions.

What I'd really like to see is a BROKEN ANKLE penalty for all those bunny hoppers out there. Jump too many time and you go prone for the rest of the round...............

HAHAHAHAH!!!! Legendary! It's a great tactic/manuever in-game! Give me a Rocket Launcher and I'll bunny hop to victory! Hitting a moving target is difficult for snipers and bunny hoping is the key to survival!

Broken ankle penalty... That would damper my gaming days~

Good thought though... When other players do it to me... I can say there are many *curse* words that fly from my mouth.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well that is retarded....

Who comes up with this stuff?

That is up to the game companies to make a lame ass game or not.
Its not a training simulator ...its a game....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
PMSL, Every time the debate about the morality of games comes up, all the people that have never played them and dont understand them rush to accuse them of everything that is wrong with the world.
I should be a serial killing, car jacking, woman beating psychopath then. Oh thats right, Im not.
Ive only been playing games most of my life, since the atari 2600.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

OneManArmy
PMSL, Every time the debate about the morality of games comes up, all the people that have never played them and dont understand them rush to accuse them of everything that is wrong with the world.
I should be a serial killing, car jacking, woman beating psychopath then. Oh thats right, Im not.

Ditto though probably not woman beating. I'd be more likely to pick on you men.
However, I'm not and my biggest fault that most of my friends declare about me is that I care too much and tend to be a pushover/too soft. I guess I really need to play more video games so I can amp up my ruthless disregard for humanity but considering that I play a lot of video games already, well, I guess my kids are on their own now. Sorry kiddos. Mommy still loves you!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

OneManArmy

Ditto though probably not woman beating. I'd be more likely to pick on you men.
However, I'm not and my biggest fault that most of my friends declare about me is that I care too much and tend to be a pushover/too soft. I guess I really need to play more video games so I can amp up my ruthless disregard for humanity but considering that I play a lot of video games already, well, I guess my kids are on their own now. Sorry kiddos. Mommy still loves you!

LOL, the only reason I dont get to play these days is because my kids beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Mhmmm, my console gaming days are over but that's why I have a pc gaming rig. It's mine, all mine!!! Muahahhahahaha muahahahhahahaa muahahhahaahaha!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Best part about being a PC gamer... All the best games come out for the PC regardless of what console they come out on

My 15month will watch me from the side when I play. She ultimately helps in some cases as, sometimes my fingers won't reach that button in time and she's playing "Smash" keyboard with dad... Then at times she presses buttons that I didn't know did that....
It's a win win... Until I'm just on my desktop and she starts pressing buttons and changing setting that: "How the heck did you do that... How the heck do you undo that".....

Yours and OneMan are cracking me up with your responses, so i just wanted to chime in.

Have a great day~

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by OneManArmy

Mhmmm, my console gaming days are over but that's why I have a pc gaming rig. It's mine, all mine!!! Muahahhahahaha muahahahhahahaa muahahhahaahaha!

LMAO. My gaming rig packed up, im not sure my laptop is up to the task. So till I replace "the beast", its all about minecraft for me...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

sulaw
Then at times she presses buttons that I didn't know did that....
It's a win win...

Thats hilarious!!

Even at 15 months the kids these days know more about our computers than we do.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmFri, 04 Oct 2013 14:42:20 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Absolutely!
And all real estate trades in monopoly should attract capital gains tax.
And one of the players in every Cludo game should be prosecuted for murder.

I checked the date and it's not 1st of April. What's going on?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Ahh gaming with babies--so much fun. I was a competitive gamer and one of the most well known stories about me was when we had to put a match on hold because my youngest had a diaper leak on my lap, lol. My kids love the fact that I'm a gamer. In one of the games where I was a champion, it actually really worked to my son's benefit when we moved and he changed schools. He found a pocket of friends in the first few days because I'd bought him a Portal T-shirt. Then, when they found out who his mother was, he was catapulted to "legendary" status as I was pretty notorious on my coast in that game.

To the OP to bring it back: You know it's bad when your community derived--not personally chosen--nickname is the angel of death as that means 13 year olds are comparing you to Josef Mengele an actual war criminal.. LOL. My monstrous reputation was pretty bad in that game to the extent that my son, when he plays it, still has random people recognizing the tag we share and remembering me by nickname despite my not having played the game in over a year.

Screenshot or it didn't happen

That, however, makes me a great case in point against the idea that video games create monsters. My reputation in games was both as a monster and as one of the kindest people who was always there when somebody needed a friend. If gaming were related in any way to reality, what a monster I would be. However, it's not and that's the truth at the end of the day. Video games don't make monsters; they just lead to monstrous eye/hand coordination and reaction speed, lol.

To OneManArmy: In deference to your banishment to the world of Minecraft, I shall smite as many aliens as my pudgy bearded female president is able to in your name!!! RAWR!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

tadaman

Well that is retarded....

Who comes up with this stuff?

That is up to the game companies to make a lame ass game or not.
Its not a training simulator ...its a game....

Army and video game training

Linky

LInk - I've actually used what was mentioned in this one

Link - some army might have to get permission to play games. Some games go against the Law of Armed Conflict stuff.

LInk - this one is free and is an official Army killing game....

Proof of the Army above game is a legit one
edit on 4-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added clarification of unauthorized stuff

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I didn't know it was against international law to tea bag your dead opponent, or to virtual hump their corpses. Also "greifing" would be perfectly okay..psych warfare at its most basic lol. I really can't think of any game that has a real gross violation of international law like that. Graveyard and corpse camping in WoW should be, if not already lolol.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

hillbilly4rent
Damn campers

Secound line for the heck of it.

Remember kids spawn camping is only fun when it's not happening to you.

What next are the going to make talking smack illegal?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just another way for some people who want to mind control other people to impose their rules. They must have seen their power over others wane and after careful study decided kids must be influenced through computer games outside of their sphere of influence and to put an end to that they want to add rules which would connect to their sphere of influence so that their descendents in the future might once again have control over other people. They should be explained about the concept of respawning and how this differs from RL so that is why it is pointless to try and add new rules moreover those new rules should emerge from within the gaming community, not from outsiders who don't really understand.
edit on 4/10/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

WTF?

Is the world going insane? In-game war crimes to simulated people?

They are not real. C'm on man...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join