It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my Brain Tumours back...again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You hang in there and take care. Ya hear! Lots of us praying and pulling for you.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Update

So went to see the surgeon today and I was made a little more aware of my options. He said he could do it while I was asleep under General anesthetic and just remove the whole thing or do it while I was awake, so he could ask me questions during the surgery to see how far and how much he could remove without ruining my ability to speak and write properly.

Basically its in the area that understands speaking. So if you were to ask me a question like "what's your name?" I would answer with something that makes no sense like "I like bananas". If the surgeon removes all the tumour while I'm asleep, there is no way of knowing how much impact it will have on this area.

So I have opted to go for the awake surgery, so the surgeon can probe and see how much he can remove, leaving as much healthy area in tact, asking me questions throughout the surgery. It's obviously the scarier of the options, no one wants to have an awake brain surgery, but I think its the best option in the long run. All things being well, I'll be having the surgery on Thursday. There's a few variables which could mean it could be a couple of weeks, but at least I know what's going on and what I'll be doing.

Obviously scared at the prospect, but the surgeon was very reassuring and helped make my decision a little easier.
Ill keep you all posted and thanks for all the well wishes, really perked me up.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've followed this thread from the beginning but haven't replied until now. You must know that there are many, many more people who are following this thread and are thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

I think you chose the right option. Either way will be scary, but the option you made will help ensure that the surgeon will get what he needs to without affecting your speech and ability to write.

While you are awake and alert, know that many, many people here at ATS are thinking of you, and care about you and our positive energy will be right there with you helping you get through this surgery.

edit on 7-10-2013 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I just wanted to share this...

You are definitely a friend who is cared about.
Peace to you. And know that so many of us here at ATS will be with you when you have your surgery. Many prayers and wellness to you friend.
-nat

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Stay strong man, a brave but I think wise choice to stay awake for the procedure. Sounds like you've beat it a couple times already, why not once more?

I'll be pulling for you as well Woodwardjr. You obviously have a lot of support even on these forums. See it through, many blessings to you and hope to see you back soon with an update on a successful operation.

I have no concept of what such a thing must be like to go through, but I do admire your courage and the way you seem to be taking it in stride.

Peace. ~

edit on 8-10-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I am sorry the news was not better (about the re occurrence), but I am hopeful that the surgery will work. I don't know how you feel and can not even imagine it, but my thoughts and prayers will be with you anyway. My mom has had 8 craniotomies (sp?) in the last 3 1/2 years (not for cancer) and I know the surgery, the pain, and the recoup time as well. You hung in there this long... you can do it!

edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hello ATS...let's keep Woodard in our thoughts and prayers today. As I'm hopeful the surgery went well and he'll be back here soon.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Back home safe and sound

So I got back today after a 5 hour awake craniotomy yesterday. I can truly say it was the most intense and crazy experience I've ever had. Apart from a pretty sore head, I'm feeling shattered and overwhelmed. I will update tomorrow and tell you all about it. For now I'm just glad to be home with my loving family. The op went really well, both my speach and motor functions remain in pretty much full tact. I can't put into words The level of professionalism, care and reassurance I received from the nurses, anesthesits and surgeons at the NHS John Radcliffe in Oxford.

Believe it or not I thought about the posts I received from members in this thread many times to cheer me up.

I'm obviously feeling a little fragile and tired so, I'll leave it here for today. Its great to be back in my own bed and enjoying the peace and quiet. Hospital wards can be pretty crazy places, especially in the neurology unit. I'm so glad they allowed me to come back today, where I can really recover in my own time. I will miss the Ora morph though, very moorish stuff.
edit on 11-10-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hey thats great
...I even think your grammer is better now lol...Book me in!!!...Seriously that's just fantastic news.. And here's to a speedy recovery

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Glad your operation went well and you're home safe and sound with your family to recover!
I can only imagine how strange it must have felt being conscious and aware during such a procedure and I congratulate you on going through with it as I would have probably freaked out! Wishing you a fast, steady and uneventful recuperation!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That was fast wood.

Glad you're home safe and sound.

I didn't expect you to be on here so soon, I'm relieved. Whew!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I was quite hopeful and... well, here you are safe and sound.

And something to make you laugh.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Best news I've seen in a long long time.

Thinking about you and sending prayers your way for a full and quick recovery.

I'm sure the procedure was scary but I think you made the right decision... I know a LOT of people in the medical field and have always heard that it's better with the patient awake (when possible) so the surgeon has a better feel for what's going on.

Best of luck and PLEASE keep us posted on your progress.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Truly glad to hear that you are at home and recovering.

Me and my boy have been praying for you nightly. We shall continue to do so.

I know you will heal well and be up on your feet dancing soon. Get well soon friend.

Peace and love to you and your family~~
-nat

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

A little souvenir for my troubles

should be portrait not landscape
edit on 15-10-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh my friend... The scars we hold have a story to tell.
Thanks for sharing your story and your scar. Prayers are still being said for you.

You have shown a lot of strength. I sure hope you heal quickly and with as little pain as possible.

Peace to you
-nat

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That's very brave of you to go through that awake.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'll be thinking of you ....

My cancer came back again as well. (3rd time).
I find out in the next few days about my surgery date.
But mine is nothing compared to yours.

Hope it all turns out well .. you've already been through too much ....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I'll be thinking of you ....

My cancer came back again as well. (3rd time).
I find out in the next few days about my surgery date.
But mine is nothing compared to yours.

Hope it all turns out well .. you've already been through too much ....

Let us know when your surgery is. I'm not really religious, but I will be thinking about you and sending you my best wishes. My surgery wasn't as bad as it sounds, fortunately I was being cared for by a group of very attractive women, which certainly helped distract me from what was happening with the surgeons tinkering with my brain.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Wow! That looks like it will heal up very, very nicely!
If you let your hair grow in once it has healed no one will even see it, unless you want them to.
Glad you're recovering well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join