It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entertainment is all crap these days!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Look at whats on TV. Everybody knows the reality tv is dead, everybody hates it. Whats on TV, all reality TV shows. Fox is so bad they tried copying the apprentice.

Look at music, its all crap. All it does is tell you to go have sex, get high on who knows what, get drunk and then have more sex!!!!!! It drives me insane. It tells guys to go rape girls and it tells girls to go get violated!!! Brittney Spears, 50 cent, etc. Thats about all thats in the lyrics. At my school it's now uncool to be white, and it all circulates around lyrics. It's now cool to be poor. What happened to musicians trying to make classic pieces of music. What happened to artists trying to make music that will be remembered as good music, not the cause of countless teen pregnancies and drug addicts.

Then look at movies, there all generic. Comedys aren't original and they have to resort to racism to be funny. All of the so called horror movies are all the same. They're not scarry any more because the same thing happens in all the movies. Now there is now explaination as to why the villian exists in the way they do or why they are trying to kill the characters. It drives me insane. And look at action movies, such as XXX, that was so generic. Most of the jokes made me slap my head in disbelief that somebody could say something so incredibly stupid. Then how about 2 Fast to Furious. That movie had nothing to do with street racing. The writers just threw together some crap about how the coast guard needs wanna a be street races to help them bust a drug lord. There was hardly any street racing.

I have to say that the entertainment industry has gone down the crapper. Well I'm glad that I got that off my chest. Feel free to add on to what I have to say, or flame me. I don't care.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I have to say that the entertainment industry has gone down the crapper. Well I'm glad that I got that off my chest. Feel free to add on to what I have to say, or flame me. I don't care.

and you're noticing this now? It's been slowly going down the toilet for years. Oh and I agree "Reality" TV is a bunch of crap.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
well hopefully entertain ment will change once i get my movie im writing made.
itll win at least one oscar.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
While all TV may be closer to crap (but it isn't - there are plenty of good programmers at local community driven TV stations), not all music fits the bill of sexist macho violent gangsta rap, or manufactured boy or girl bands. Find your local campus radio station.

Western culture is not yet down the toilet.

Read a book. See a "foreign" film. Have a conversation.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sounds like good advice, magestica.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What I am curious about is why so many tv families consist of an attractive wife and an over weight comitic or moronic husband that never would have got a women like that in the real world? Where the hell did this stereotype of Americans come from?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
the stereotype came from the fact that men are more sight driven than women, lol...and in some countries, those women wouldn't be considered attractive because they don't have enoug meat on thier bones, lol...

I gave up and started reading novels a LONG time ago....
and I watch older movies, too... like: Being There....which made me cringe constantly.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
krazyivan is gonna take over! woo, watch out entertainment industry, here comes ivan and hes crazy!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They need to get rid of all those reality programs... at first they were alright, but like cmon enough is enough already!!!!!! Every single channel has like 5 reality programs on it. And we're talking $hit here. Like cmon dressing up grown men as women and putting them in a beauty pagent?!? People call this entertainment?? I saw a commercial for yet another reality program dealing with thanksgiving. "What NOT to wear on thanksgiving" It actually stated that what you wore to thanksgiving was more important then what thanksgiving really stands for.... being thankful for everything god gave us. Like WTF yea I'm going to listen to a tv show that tells me what I can or cannot wear in my own house.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I can just see it now.... All of America becoming the next Detroit within 10 - 15 years because the future generation thinks it's cool to be poor....

Oh well, it'll be cool to be pointing and laughing at them for thinking stupid # such as that.... It's uncool to be white?? hmmm, I can see how high schooler's think that... Maybe it's a phase maybe it's the start of something, who knows...

Whatever it is, I'll be doing everything BUT helping their sorry pathetic asses out... This chick will be making fun of them for being so stupid.

top topics

join