It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Power Blackout Drill Set For November 13th... Is this "The Day" of major Event?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
"Comet Ison approach", "Magnetic Storm from the Sun", "NASA To Have A BIG Announcement On November 13th", "More ‘UFO Crash Drills’ In UK Schools"...
Three Days of Darkness?
WTH will happen?

WASHINGTON — The electric grid, as government and private experts describe it, is the glass jaw of American industry. If an adversary lands a knockout blow, they fear, it could black out vast areas of the continent for weeks; interrupt supplies of water, gasoline, diesel fuel and fresh food; shut down communications; and create disruptions of a scale that was only hinted at by Hurricane Sandy and the attacks of Sept. 11.

“This is different from a hurricane that hits X, Y and Z counties in the Southeast and they have a loss of power for three or four days,” said the official in charge of the drill, Brian M. Harrell of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, known as NERC. “We really want to go beyond that.”

One goal of the drill, called GridEx II, is to explore how governments would react as the loss of the grid crippled the supply chain for everyday necessities.

“If we fail at electricity, we’re going to fail miserably,” Curt Hébert, a former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, said at a recent conference held by the Bipartisan Policy Center.

An emerging effort led in part by R. James Woolsey, a former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, is gearing up to pressure state legislatures to force utilities to protect equipment against an electromagnetic pulse, which could come from solar activity or be caused by small nuclear weapons exploded at low altitude, frying crucial components.

An attack using an electromagnetic pulse is laid out in extensive detail in the novel “One Second After,” published in 2009 and endorsed by Newt Gingrich. In another novel, “Gridlock,” published this summer and co-written by Byron L. Dorgan, the former senator from North Dakota, a rogue Russian agent working for Venezuela and Iran helps hackers threaten the grid. In the preface, Mr. Dorgan says such an attack could cause 10,000 times as much devastation as the terrorists’ strikes on Sept. 11, 2001.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Ison won't be approaching us on that particular date, the big "NASA" announcement has been moved to October 6., and the power won't actually be turned off for the drill.
I do believe that's the day that the 3000 or so truckers are going to D.C. though.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i have a curious feel like you Mr.Arken..and what i wonder is the lose of 9T $..build a Gigantic Bunker somewere?
and Ison will get Close Enough..

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I have to say...I love your avatar! It tickles me every time I see it. I just have to smile.

I believe SOMETHING is going to happen soon. Hard to say from which end though.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Arken
"Comet Ison approach", "Magnetic Storm from the Sun", "NASA To Have A BIG Announcement On November 13th", "More ‘UFO Crash Drills’ In UK Schools"...
Three Days of Darkness?
WTH will happen?

Poll:
Should ATS rename itself to "AboveDoomsdayScaryEventWhooooooo.com"?

edit on 4-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

What exactly is it that you want to happen...? Seems like the same thread different day. Honestly live life be safe not sorry and don't count chicks before they hatch. :-)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Its like: "People of the world" says the president waving to the people, the people wave back cheering. "It's time." "cough" "cough".... "It's time to"... "pucker up cuz ISONS gonna get u in the FACE PEACE IM OUT!"

edit on 4-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernRain55

SouthernRain55
reply to post by Arken

the power won't actually be turned off for the drill.

what!?

where's the fun in that?

f*** it!, I'll turn my own damn lights off.

(-_-)
edit on 4-10-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

i think you're putting 2 + 2 together and getting 999999999999

comet ison is not going to cause a power outage...it cant cause the sun to blast us with a CME.

And i remember doing crazy stuff like those UFO drills at school...they are not trying to tell us something.

you've just listed a bunch of different things that aren't even a threat and the pasted some content on the dangers of a blackout.

really...this is unnecessary
edit on 4-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Are they instigating the easiest way to force Martial Law? So without power; no one will be able to buy any food, petrol or anything at all, no elevators anywhere will be working, no hot water, no heat, no power to freezers with food in them, no power for oxygen machines, no shop alarms working, no street lights, no traffic lights, no landlines, no ATMs, no TV??? and they've already protected themselves by closing down the financial systems. No way to hear whatever it is NASA are going to announce.

Lucky all those doomsday preppers are already prepped up. Just real glad not to live in such a wicked country as the US, this is probably the reason all those FEMA camps and ready-made coffins are all lined up and just waiting to be used, also probably the reason so many foreign troops have recently been imported in to the US to fire upon the US citizens.

Only in America can their own government do all these unbelievable inhumane practices upon its own people and the people STILL DON'T WAKE UP???? 9/ 11 was an inside job people WAKE UP!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
aha ! i'm seeing a pattern developing here...this coincides beautifully with NASA's great big announcement. That's it NASA will inform us all the lights are going out .....scary

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Can't we all get along.?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the warning about the desktop exercise.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.nerc.com...
edit on 10/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Interestingly enough most of humanity has lived without power for thousands of centuries... sure some pansy's might wither away from lack of lighting but really most will survive per usual. The humans will survive.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I worked in a power station for a while and was always struck by the enormity of importance of electricity and the literal small threads it gets delivered on. All countries are so vulnerable to their grids going down and its repercussions, it seems to me that Governments have barely considered how this will bring chaos virtually instantly. People won't be able to access money - use their debit and credit cards or use any machinery operating from a plug. There is nothing that will not be affected in our technological world once the sun goes down.

I have always been amazed that most of our grids are, at least in the UK and I presume abroad above land and think we are way behind on safer systems of delivering the lifeblood of this world today. I know in the UK we have lost so many supply businesses to the power industry that we would have trouble fixing the grid due to a lack of spare parts, especially if a number of other countries lost theirs at the same time.

We wouldn't need a world war or a world catastrophy from a meteor hit to cause the mayhem simple grid failure could create virtually immediately.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

gnosticagnostic

Interestingly enough most of humanity has lived without power for thousands of centuries... sure some pansy's might wither away from lack of lighting but really most will survive per usual. The humans will survive.

Although I think the OP is delusional, if there was a permanent blackout you couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

gnosticagnostic

Sure in November most folks in the south will survive, depending on the temps if they stay fair the north as well. But if it were to start turning colder as usual this time of year then big problems for long duration power outage. Not saying it will happen but if it did, then yes bigger deal than your thinking. Grid exercise is not going to be live it's gonna be in a hotel and mainly a paper game so to speak, but you never know.....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
you mean this?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Has anyone talking about threats from ISON even been to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory site to check the track of this object in relation to Earth? It never even comes close to us. It can't come close to us without radical outside influence that nothing in our Solar System is present to cause.

It's may well be an incredible sight...but not for being real close. It's because it's track is so far off our orbital plane, it's going to be in view day and night (if bright enough) during it's exit, from the Northern Hemisphere.

This one doesn't even have a tail to come close enough to us to be of any concern. At least Elenin looked to leave a tail of debris in our path if the Sun hadn't smacked that little snowball into oblivion.

It'll be a beautiful light show...hopefully...but alas, physical distances simply don't allow for the possibility of more ..unless things have radically changed on every model since I last saw them awhile back.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, but...comet!
You know and like...blackout! and stuff.
And...it's a comet! and stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join