It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Could ANYONE Abuse An Animal??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I am a gentle kind loving person who hates to see anything in pain, especially unecessary pain.

However if I found someone torturing an animal, I would repeatedly punch them into a coma or death.

I often question myself over these feelings but never come up with an answer.

Surely these actions are as bad as the original act? Does this make me a hypocrite? Am I not a gentle kind person after all?

This subject always leaves me scratching my head :-/

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Kudos for saving the animals!!!

I have saved the lives of many animals through the years.
I have an all white persian with blue eyes. She is deaf. When we found her, she was wandering arund the woods and our place of employment. She was terrified of everything and everyone.

She would growl and hiss and sounded like a wild couger or something. YIKES! LOL It took a lot of patience and time, but now she is the sweetest most loving little cat.

Also have a turtle who has one eye smaller than the other. He had two previous owners and was the size of a quarter when I got him. Now he is at least the size of a big hand.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't know what thread you're talking about and I'm glad I don't. Reading things like that make me take to my bed for the day, sobbing, and delighting in sadistic revenge fantasies against the evil doer.

Sweet little puppy and I know he is in a better place that the people who harmed him will never be.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

I really wanted to upload a pic and video of my gentle giant, but I don't know how on the new ATS.

Anyway, thanks for a wonderful post

Awww I would love to see him...to upload, just look at the toolbar at the top of the screen, and next to "upload", see the circle with the "V" in the center? Click on that, and it will take you to the upload page.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Broom
No one has answered the OP directly. It is wrong to abuse any life.

What is more pressing, and sadder, is how many humans are abused.

Also, there are those who will love and cherish an animal, yet abuse and disrespect a human. !!

What a twisted generation.

Abuse of any living thing is horrible and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law....thank you for responding

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Me too! They are nothing more than pathetic cowards.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

darkbake

I don't know. I commune with animals very well. I have two cats, Elmer and Max. Elmer is older and likes to follow the rules out of honor, while Max is a little bit of a trouble-maker, likes Incubus and Classical Music -

Elmer used to have low self-esteem because he was clumsy and stuff, and then I showed him that it was okay and ever since then he has been a lot happier.

Max has special meows that he uses to get my attention to open a door or whatever, he also likes to try and trick the members of our household into feeding him extra times -

The cats have dice that they have stolen from us and hidden under furniture, and they often work together - once every morning before breakfast, they have a massive play-fight that involves aerial attacks, and some damn fine martial arts.

---------

They get along better than humans do, and are more considerate than humans, partially cause I trained them I suppose -

--------

So we had this beautiful kitten with blue eyes show up at our door the other day, a female, and my room-mates didn't want to bring her into the house, but I took command and basically said that I was going to anyway - I brought her into the garage, fed her, and then took her to my cousin who is a vet - she was very appreciative

I explained that I was going to make sure that she was going to get into a good home and stuff.

Good for you! Thank you for helping that little kitten....I wish there were more people like you. It sounds like your cats have a great home.....I know what you mean about the "martial arts"....I could watch them for HOURS! OL!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Night Star

Those videos were AMAZING!!! My favorite was the orangutan....that SMILE!!!!! OMG I LOVE it!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by darkbake

Skitters (the grey kitten in the video I posted) showed up on doorstep one rainy night. Poor thing was on her last legs; skinny bag of bones, probably had pneumonia, both eyes were infected and she was covered in fleas, ticks and ear mites. This video was shot maybe a month after she found us. Mugs we adopted from the shelter due to be euthanized.
All our pets are throw-aways actually, they seem to gravitate to our house lol. No, we don't put food outside either. I miss having birds though, we raised a blue jays and they are a delight but our 3 cats might not love them the same way I would.

I don't know how people can abuse animals, to me it's inconceivable but then so is war and a fair number of other things. Makes me wonder sometimes if I'm the one who's normal and it's everybody else that's crazy.

After reading this post, I went back and watched the video again....I cried....happy cry. To know that these two went through so much....and t see them so happy now...is pure joy!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

OpenEars123

I am a gentle kind loving person who hates to see anything in pain, especially unecessary pain.

However if I found someone torturing an animal, I would repeatedly punch them into a coma or death.

I often question myself over these feelings but never come up with an answer.

Surely these actions are as bad as the original act? Does this make me a hypocrite? Am I not a gentle kind person after all?

This subject always leaves me scratching my head :-/

I don't know the answer to that, because I have the same feelings. I think it is because in the case of animal abuse, the animals are innocent....and did nothing to deserve intentional abuse.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Kudos for saving the animals!!!

I have saved the lives of many animals through the years.
I have an all white persian with blue eyes. She is deaf. When we found her, she was wandering arund the woods and our place of employment. She was terrified of everything and everyone.

She would growl and hiss and sounded like a wild couger or something. YIKES! LOL It took a lot of patience and time, but now she is the sweetest most loving little cat.

Also have a turtle who has one eye smaller than the other. He had two previous owners and was the size of a quarter when I got him. Now he is at least the size of a big hand.

You and I are so much alike! I have had turtles, lizards....just about any creature you can think of. My Mom used to call me "Ellie Mae" from that old show "The Beverly Hillbillies" I always had a bunch of "critters" following me around haha!!!
edit on 10/4/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

We are indeed a lot alike! I too have always wanted to have an animal sanctuary as you have mentioned earlier in the thread. Takes a lot of space and money, neither of which I have. LOL

I had lizards too - crested geckos and their babies. I gave them away when I was sick with cancer and too tired and weak to care for them. I just gave them to my neice and her boyfriend and little boy who live in the first floor apartment. So, they didn't go too far.

One of the most unusual pets I have ever had was a sweet and comical ferret. They have rather short life spans though.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
FACT : Animals Rule. People suck.
That is all

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

PtolemyII
FACT : Animals Rule. People suck.
That is all

For the most part, that's true.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Animal abuse is rife and accepted in our society. Anyone that eats an animal for example is taking part in animal abuse..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

purplemer

Animal abuse is rife and accepted in our society. Anyone that eats an animal for example is taking part in animal abuse..

Did you know that plants have feelings too? Now what are you going to eat?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Thanks so much for the help, you're the best! The following picture is my Chako...

This picture is pretty much how he his...very tolerant. Why can't we humans be the same

Animals are so incredibly amazing and I couldn't imagine a world without them. The fact that a human could cause harm to an innocent animal is completely unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Awwww look at that boy!! He looks so proud and dignified! LOL! He really is gorgeous! I'm glad you were able to post it. What kind of dog is he? Mastiff?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

He's a APBT or American Pit Bull Terrier. I feel so silly, because I have tons of vids of him frolicking around with my horse and cat but I can't post them. He's so sweet. I have a staffordshire terroir as well. His name is Shotas. My Chako was adopted from the Pasadena Humane Society. Shotas, was given to me by a friend. Shots had been bred to fight
, however, after I was gifted my friend (a true loyal companion) my family and I had to acclimate him to being around other dogs. This is why Chako is such a huge hero, he actually comforted and befriended Shotas. They are best friends to this day.

Oh boy, I could go on and on about my babies (I'm a mother of three grown children and a 15 year old by the way). I would again like to thank you for posting such a wonderful thread. It made my heart cry with joy.

Check out an organization called "Wildlife Waystation". I have volunteered there for over 10 years. That's my level of devotion to animals. I walk wolves, feed grizzlies, chimps and care for a host of other animals.

You're the best....please keep up the great work! (You've found an ATS friend for life

Love,
TPEN1

ETA
You are a true gift to ATS. I hope others recognize this as well.
edit on 10/11/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Did you know that plants have feelings too? Now what are you going to eat?

Do you have the same level of empathy to a blade of grass and a dog. I am aware that plants have feeling too and so do planets and stars. Animals are close cousins to us..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join