It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with the Conspiratist World View

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The conspiraitist world view---the belief that a unified cabal of elitists is manipulating world events, mind controlling the population, that the main stream media is nothing but lies and that we already live in a police state and a New World Order, etc. has become ubiquitous in global culture. It is the premise of so many Facebook posts, viral memes, websites, radio shows and movies. It transcends red and blue and is as likely to be heard amongst the far right and the far left. It is a perspective widely held in Europe, Central and South America, the Arab world, Australia, New Zealand and almost any place you can think of. Typically, the purveyors of this point of view think they are daring revolutionaries waking up the sheeple, etc. and don't seem to notice that they are actually just one more of a vast and growing multitude who hold this perspective. Many of these people are close friends of mine. My challenge to them is to listen to this talk and consider whether this worldview actually represents an awakening rather than a distorted perspective riddled with problematic assumptions and reality testing issues.

www.zaporacle.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Typically, the purveyors of this point of view think they are daring revolutionaries waking up the sheeple, etc.
Kinda sounds like religious proselytization doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It may be commonly heard by those who frequent websites, including facebook pages, that talk about such things, but it is not common among the majority of society. Anyone can test this for themselves by asking simple questions of people you meet in your every day life.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't argue that the percentage of people who hold to some kind of conspiracy theory or fact is growing. But as I've said before. The very same people who are condescending toward CT's, are the very people perpetuating conspiracies and mistrust of government and media worldwide.

This video is an hour long btw. Is your OP a description of what I'm going to see? Or your opinion as a companion to the vid?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Perhaps a summary of Mr Zap's points would have been better than listening to an hour.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Excellent point.
I once went around on my job asking people whether they had heard of the Bildebergers.
They thought I was talking about some kind of new McDonald’s burger.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Willtell

Excellent point.
I once went around on my job asking people whether they had heard of the Bildebergers.
They thought I was talking about some kind of new McDonald’s burger.

Exactly. I had a discussion the recently in which I brought up George Orwell. None of the 3 people I was speaking to knew who he was, or the name of any of his books. Or even about the movie.

I have tested this kind of thing on several occasions. The vast majority know next to nothing. They just know they don't like the way this world is headed. I will say though, distrust of public figures is at an all-time high. No surprise there, though.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It blows my mind how many people have not read 1984 or Animal Farm. I was under the impression it was required reading to graduate high school?

To the OP I think the worldview you mention is more natural then the artificial lull people have been in since mass media. We tend to forget that the bulk of the world lived in serfdom to some extent for centuries. I call it pragmatic to assume that power only serves to further itself. You can watch people on a smaller scale to see some choose to forsake their bonds with friends or family as soon as the opportunity to profit presents itself. It is these same people who gravitate towards the levers of power. Power always works to consolidate itself at which point it has to be destroyed. Like a forest fire from time to time the old growth has to be wiped out to enable new growth or all of us saplings will be starved in the shade of the monopolies and cabals.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

corsair00
The conspiraitist world view---the belief that a unified cabal of elitists is manipulating world events, mind controlling the population, that the main stream media is nothing but lies and that we already live in a police state and a New World Order, etc. has become ubiquitous in global culture. It is the premise of so many Facebook posts, viral memes, websites, radio shows and movies. It transcends red and blue and is as likely to be heard amongst the far right and the far left. It is a perspective widely held in Europe, Central and South America, the Arab world, Australia, New Zealand and almost any place you can think of. Typically, the purveyors of this point of view think they are daring revolutionaries waking up the sheeple, etc. and don't seem to notice that they are actually just one more of a vast and growing multitude who hold this perspective. Many of these people are close friends of mine. My challenge to them is to listen to this talk and consider whether this worldview actually represents an awakening rather than a distorted perspective riddled with problematic assumptions and reality testing issues.

www.zaporacle.com...

corsair00
The conspiraitist world view---the belief that a unified cabal of elitists is manipulating

corsair00
The conspiraitist world view---the belief that a unified cabal of elitists

corsair00
The conspiraitist world view---the belief that a unified cabal

corsair00
The conspiraitist world view---the belief that

corsair00
The conspiraitist world view---

I don't have

A world View!

Quit trying to categorized

and put into boxes

something you will

never understand.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The idea that the most rich and powerful families control things should not be considered a "conspiracy" at all, its just common sense. Thats some of the perks since with money comes power, nothing weird about it, nothing good or bad, it just is what it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Nah, nobody's meeting behind closed doors and deciding the fate of our country.
9/11 was a tourist group gone wrong.
Iran/Contra was actually about shipping bibles to the Contras.
Pearl Harbor only happened because Marshall thought they said they were going "bomp araba in hanaruru"
Kennedy was actually a victim of a hunting accident.
You didn't know Dick Cheney was there?

Have you ever read the minute's from the Federal Reserve Board meetings?, Bilderbergs?, Trilateral commission? Conspiracies are real alright but don't think they going to let us in on their little secrets.
The history taught in schools is controlled by the very people who make the history happen. Don't think for a minute they're going to assign themselves any blame. Would you?
edit on 4-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

what that video goes for a whole hour....you could at least have put up something a little more palatable like play school for example....far out what planet are you living on....here let me take a wild guess ...planet fox....tell me is it really so hard to believe that money and power corrupts?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No, let me explain it to you. This member was on a thread with me where I started posting links and sources to back up what I was saying. This was this member's response, at that point--- posted this video and told me I was suffering from a conspiracist world view, complete with video.

Sometimes, it's just too overwhelming. And the reject button is the most reassuring route to go to. Never mind, you have to be wacko. Sticking my fingers in my ears, not gonna listen to you or read.......

Ha, OP....now watch the positive comments to your thread go through the roof. LMAO If so, you can thank me later.

edit on 4-10-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I've only watched about half so far, but it's definitely interesting. I think he makes a lot of really good points. It's certainly worth a watch. I don't want to talk too much about it until I watch the rest though.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The people who are the most upset about this video have not even watched it. He acknowledges that there are definite conspiracies. He mentions that 1% of the population are psychopaths and that this directly correlates to the 1% controlling all of the wealth and power in the world. He states that Fox News is propaganda. He reveals that he is familiar with Alex Jones from his shows on Coast to Coast AM, since Jonathan Zap, the man in the video, has himself been on Coast 4 separate times. His dad was involved in conspiracy research since the 1960s and also took it very seriously.

The points he makes are more about the highlighting of unnecessary fear in the absence of evidence. Certain conspiracy theories make outlandish claims and create an environment of fear, which is ultimately unproductive and bad for your mental health. It takes away your power and sends you the message that you cannot do anything and there is one, single elite group in charge of everything, whether we like it or not. To the point of being religious, like they actually WANT that to be true.

Jonathan is basically saying that there is no single entity in charge of shaping world events. Instead, there are many competing spheres of power. All in competition with each other, similar to competing corporate brands like Samsung versus Apple. So there can be some severe cognitive dissonances to apply this overall Illuminati type theory on everything that happens in the world and in the United States Government.

Nobody is in charge of human history... That is the message here.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I'm not watching the video. What I find hilarious is how hard these people try to convince themselves that everyone else is aloof. Really they are ones using every new buzzword like they only know a total of 5 catchphrases at any given time, and they are the ones getting conned. Everyone around them just doesn't know or understand. Really WHO hasn't heard most of the big conspiracy theories? Nonsense.
I grew up during the birth of "reality" TV I knew that wasnt real even at like 8 yes old. I see a lot of old people who for the majority of their lives didn't have "reality" TV they don't understand most of it is staged it has some kind of hold on them. I don't even watch TV for like 6yrs now because of all the terrible programming. Whether you think reality TV is real, fake, or really fake. Everyone knows its entertainment, and that's all its meant to be.
Conspiracy businesses is entertainment, and just like any kind of entertainment its not everyone's form of entertainment. So just because some people don't care about some conspiracy babel, doesn't mean they're not aware.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

corsair00
The people who are the most upset about this video have not even watched it. He acknowledges that there are definite conspiracies. He mentions that 1% of the population are psychopaths and that this directly correlates to the 1% controlling all of the wealth and power in the world.

No,
he spends 48 minutes and 43 seconds giving himself permission
to finally proclaim what is wrong with the way people think...

...because ... you know ....

he can read minds. (NOT!)

The coin of the realm with conspiracy realists is "do your own research".

The old childlike baby boomer in the video
has had an easy life, probably followed many fads,
and now feels that this conspiracy thing has become faddish enough
that it needs him to come in, understand it all, and interpret it for us.

He even uses buzz words, and categorical observations.

But has he done any of his own research?
NO.
Has he told us how to feel about people who may be?
YES.
Where the # does he get off.

The coin of the realm with conspiracy realists is "do your own research".

I don't care if you misspell half your words,
and include pictures drawn with crayons,
if you can personally testify to something
and you feel it's important to get it out
there, then I want to see it.

The smug ass in the video in the opening
post is using thought experiments,
[ the same method Aristotle used to stymie the advancement of science for 1,000 years],
contributes no new information,
and basically leaves the viewer with the
impression that he wants us all to understand that
    1. conspiracy is a fad, and we can feel safe moving on
    2. people who persist need to be taught how to think better

There are very few places left on the internet
where someone can share their own research.

The guy who made that video can # off.

I don't have

a world view!

His entire premise is flawed.
But that doesn't stop him from constructing
and entire world and telling everyone what reality is
just like that other bellybutton worshipper Aristotle.

RESEARCH mother #er!
DO YOU SPEAK IT.

Save us from people who consume media and think their opinion matters.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

corsair00
He reveals that he is familiar with Alex Jones from his shows on Coast to Coast AM, since Jonathan Zap, the man in the video, has himself been on Coast 4 separate times.

Not watching the video (an hour? srsly?), but I will say that if he's basing his opinion on CT *ahem* "world view" off of Alex Jones and Coast to Coast AM then... well...

AJ, I have always had my doubts over. There's just something about the guy that strikes me as being the farmer's foreman who points out all the low hanging fruit to the harvesters. C2CAM is a fantastic entertainment show which occasionally does get a knowledgeable, straight shooting guest... but when the personalities most closely associated with your program are Linda Moulton Howe (who is quite possibly the woman David Booth was trying to emulate when he invented his gender bending Sorcha Faal alter-ego) and Steve (There were giants, and aliens, and giant alien angels everywhere!!!) Quayle, you're not a serious source of inspiration to the type of CT "community" this OP is attempting to discredit.

Instead, maybe he should do a little independent research into exactly what has some of us so ruffled. For example, the plotlines from traditionally considered DISTOPIAN novels are now becoming standard procedure in this supposedly utopian construct of a dying nation. We've got it all, the haves supporting the haven'ts and the refuses, big brother is always watching you, thought police are everywhere, the true elite are sheltered from it all while the middle class shoulder the burdens of their excesses, forced behavioral changes based on quack science, etc, etc, and etc. If that's the "world view" he has problems with, then I'd suggest he's viewing us through either rose colored glasses or his rectal cavity, because it has become brazen enough for even the blindest of mice to start noticing.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I've studied globalism for 45 years . . . actually 48.

There's NO WAY it's anything but ABUNDANTLY TRUE AND ABUNDANTLY A MASSIVE CONSPIRACY OF MANY DECADES if not several hundred years.

Merely reading the elite's own words, quotes in their own speeches and writings is enough to prove the point.

twoday.net...

twga...

23. J Edgar Hoover ."The individual is handicapped by comingface to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists".

14."To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism, and religious dogmas." - Brock Adams, Director UN Health Organization

1933: On April 11, Max Mason, president of the Rockefeller Foundation, assured his trustees that in their program:

"The Social Sciences will concern themselves with the rationalization of social control , ... the control of human behavior."[35]

Four years later, the foundation gave a grant to Princeton University to study the influence of radio on different groups, and Rockefeller's General Education Board funded a study of CBS's 1938 broadcast of War of the Worlds, which was written up later as a 'study in the psychology of panic.'"[36]

12. "We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries." David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

11. "The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent." Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets.

138."The interests behind the Bush Administration, such as the CFR, the Bilderberger Group, and the Trilateral Commission - founded by Brzezinski for David Rockefeller - have prepared for and are now moving to implement open world dictatorship within the next five years. They are not fighting against terrorists. They are fighting against citizens." Dr. Johannes B. Koeppl, PhD, former German defense ministry official and advisor to former NATO Secretary-General Manfred Werner, November 6, 2001

129."It's terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day" Jacques-Yves Cousteau, oceanographer and humanist, The UNESCO Courier, Nov. 1991, page 13

130."The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase." Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense, New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

On top of that . . . just watching the changes in the culture the last 50 years . . . and even "merely" the extremely treasonous actions of the DESTROYER, NARCISSIST IN CHIEF . . .

Sheesh.

OF COURSE the NORMALCY BIAS along with massive propaganda otherwise are always ready to cloud the truth, confuse the truth and hide the truth in plain sight.

One can always disbelieve those with the power; the status and the means to make what they claim happen at an increasing pace.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I gather you really believe the silly bloke in the video.

That's . . . frightful . . . such a lack of informed understanding is shocking given all the available solid information.

PLEASE . . . study the topic. Study it seriously and well.

You owe it to yourself and your loved ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join