It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 2nd UFO caught on Security camera

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

GalaxyEyes
You'd think a flashing light that size would illuminate the trees below.

The LED lights do light up the trees. If you look at the 5:50 mark, the RC toy gets low to the trees and illuminates the trees, then shoots up into the sky.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As a CCTV installer/dealer I can tell you it's plausible, but not really realistic. The cameras don't mount on a tripod or anything, but in my experience people don't point these at roads 300 feet away. Most residential cctv cameras don't even see 300 ft. He could have a PTZ camera, and just moved it when he saw the lights, but the odds of this are pretty low. PTZ cameras aren't cheap and normally aren't used on a home.
Looks like a Hoax, sounds like a hoax. Pretty sure it's a hoax.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Flying cow in the air
.There are many remote control helicopters that can fly easily and light changing is not any problem with them.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
here is some info the uploader made about his video:

This is back-up information for the sighting on Oct 2, 2013. This picture show the perspective of the security camera during the daytime. The I-phone took this picture which was positioned next to the security camera. I hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hmm, good of them to share a daylight photo - but all that photo does is prove it's even more of a hoax than before. Now it's clear to see that someone could just stand in that area and fly an RC model, it also helps show that the size of the "craft" was never bigger than a quadcopter.

Furthermore there is absolutely nothing going on there that would correlate to needing a security camera pointing in that direction, ever.

They've pretty much nailed the coffin shut with that photo, I'm not buying it sadly

WhatsApp emoticon sums up my thoughts pretty well:

edit on 4-10-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

AlienBuddha

_BoneZ_

Please read the explanations on why it's a hoax

I did. I just disagree with you.

before claiming that people just exclaim "HOAX" just for poops and giggles.

Never said you did. You need to calm down and stop getting so pissy because someone disagrees with you.

We don't sit around and wait for a "UFO" video to be posted so we can jump in and say HOAX!

Again, never said you did. Although, there are people on the internet who do just that.

• The camera is pointed to the sky (I could care less about the author's excuse as to why).

• You don't care why? Well, to me, that's just ignorance. He gave a valid explanation. So why don't you care? I think it's because his explanation works against your "It's a hoax!" proclamation.

Which, again, it could be a hoax. I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying you see this stuff a lot on the internet, people automatically jumping on something and proclaiming it a hoax.

• The "UFO" is the center of attention to the camera.

• Now, that's a good point. I'll have to watch the video again and see if the camera "follows" the UFO to keep it as the center of attention. I don't think it does, though. I think it stays stationary and the UFO moves around.

• Needless, "spooky" music (utilized in almost all hoax videos).

• I agree it's needless, but that doesn't make the video fake. That's a non-sequitur.

• Lights on "UFO" look exactly like LED lights, as LED's have very specific and recognizable colors

• Another good point that I'll check into.

There really is nothing more that needs to be said. Yet, the thread will continue......

Yes, it will, because people like to discuss and debate this kind of stuff. Even if you are right, and you probably are, my point is there's no reason to act like an arrogant ass about this. Seriously. No offense, but I mean saying "There really is nothing more that needs to be said. Yet, the thread will continue" is extremely arrogant like your word is the final word and if people continue to discuss this video they are just a bunch of idiots. I mean, come on, man, really? Lighten up a bit. There's really no need to get so worked up.

hit the nail on the head, all i did was post a video that no one else posted,it look interesting,
    and never saw anything like it with the green light on the trees, not trying to pedal a hoax,just thew it up there.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zigoapex

Just wondering why someone would point their security camera up toward the treeline?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:36 PM
    link   
    The video creator said they wanted to catch meteors due to the recent many sightings.

And although I'm not convinced by this sighting myself, I must admit, I've had my cameras and webcams pointed up at the sky in recent weeks because I too have wanted to capture some meteor footage. We've had loads here over the UK in the last month or two, Perseids I think...can't quite remember.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:44 AM
    link   
    reply to post by _BoneZ_

Since his security cam was aiming at the sky maybe he was looking for Alien burglars

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
    link   

_BoneZ_

GalaxyEyes
    You'd think a flashing light that size would illuminate the trees below.

The LED lights do light up the trees. If you look at the 5:50 mark, the RC toy gets low to the trees and illuminates the trees, then shoots up into the sky.

if it's an rc heli or the 4 blade, it should be easy to recreate, or at least close to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Staroth

Just wondering why someone would point their security camera up toward the treeline?

It's been answered in the post a couple of times,the owner of the video said he had it pointed in the sky trying to capture meteors (fireballs his word) that have been seen for the last couple weeks in the general area
    edit on 5-10-2013 by zigoapex because: quote

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:28 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zigoapex

Jealous!! Makes me miss my outdoor cams!! Good shots, s&f....makes me wanna go buy more cameras. We captured some good sky video over the years......📷📹🔭👍

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Auricom

I live at the bottom of a steep hill, so when we actually had our outdoor cameras pointed up the street, it showed more of the sky, besides the very top of the hill. So I can see how that parts legit....the rest, that's up to you if you want to believe or not.....I just wanted to point out that the angle could be believable.....

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
    link   
    I love me some UFO's but I have to agree with BoneZ.
    The darn thing arrives too dead center in the field of view.
    I mean dead center. And it's a security cam?
    It adds doubt.
    Then it does what every respectable UFO does after it's shown itself,
    and zooms off.
    That doesn't help.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:25 AM
    link   
    reply to post by sealing

I agree that part is suspect.....I did notice the same while viewing the clips, & wondered the same. But from the daytime view, it looks just like how we had our outdoor cams set up.....I'm fine with set up, I question the object as sealing does, always appearing center.....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
    link   
    I have seen this kind of light before when i was poaching on the moors one night.
    There was three of us up there that night ,when we saw this thing.But after around two three minutes it was gone,and then there was a big flash of white light around the area where we stood. pretty strange but freaky to see.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
    link   
    You thought it was a hoax until you watch to the right of the light and watch three small spacecraft exit it and fly right. This is just before it starts to exit towards the left. I'll watch again for exact times.

*EDIT* None of the youtube embeds in this thread are working so scratch that thought.
    edit on 7-11-2013 by tokejesus because: change of plans

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
    link   
    How many times are people going to post such obvious RC helicopter hoax videos?

It's easy to tell from the parallax that its a small object (RC aircraft) nearby in every single video. Having the tree line there makes that clear.
    edit on 7-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Here's a similar one of a "triangular UFO"

So, just about every "lights in the sky" video is pretty irrelevant as these things are nearly dirt cheap to build (thanks China) and are flyable by just about anyone.

edit on 7-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join