It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 2nd UFO caught on Security camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
this seems to be really good footage worth watching.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Cool! I thought maybe Helicopter at first, but the changing of the colored light indicates that might not be the case.
Good find - I trust no one was violated and probed, or that any cows were harmed, yes?
edit on 3-10-2013 by kissy princess because: Mis-read

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
. . . and can't go wrong with the spooky-music.

Though it is peculiar that the craft seems to be playing around (or whatever it is doing) directly in front of the camera. Odd

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

zigoapex

Thanks for that very informative, and thought-provoking description. The video was worth watching, to see that it is a HOAX.

Here, we have a video with a "security cam" that's pointed at the sky. My security cams, and every other security cam I've seen, actually watch something where security would be an issue. Not pointing at the sky looking at nothing.

Then there's the melodramatic, "scary" music, which most UFO researchers will know that 99.99% of hoax videos utilize.

The object itself appears to be a remote-controlled LED-light toy of some kind. The LED lights are very recognizable. The RC toy also has some sort of laser and/or concentrated light source on the bottom of the craft to shine on the trees.

The object appears to be real, casting lens flare reflections on the lens of the camera. And when the object gets low to the trees, the LED lights themselves light up the trees.

Everything in this video was set up. The camera pointed at the sky. A "UFO" just happens to dance around in the sky in the exact field-of-view of the camera. The melodramatic, creepy music. Everything about this video says SET UP. Therefore:

HOAX HOAX HOAX

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

The object itself appears to be a remote-controlled LED-light toy of some kind. The LED lights are very recognizable. The RC toy also has some sort of laser and/or concentrated light source on the bottom of the craft to shine on the trees.

I agree. I've got a couple of RC copters and I nearly bought an LED kit for them. The led's attach to the trailing edge of the blades, and they're synced in with the rotation and therefore can be used to create pictures. I saw one that did a fantastic Batman symbol, just like we see on the batman movies

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

zigoapex

Thanks for that very informative, and thought-provoking description. The video was worth watching, to see that it is a HOAX.

Here, we have a video with a "security cam" that's pointed at the sky. My security cams, and every other security cam I've seen, actually watch something where security would be an issue. Not pointing at the sky looking at nothing.

Then there's the melodramatic, "scary" music, which most UFO researchers will know that 99.99% of hoax videos utilize.

The object appears to be real, casting lens flare reflections on the lens of the camera. And when the object gets low to the trees, the LED lights themselves light up the trees.

Everything in this video was set up. The camera pointed at the sky. A "UFO" just happens to dance around in the sky in the exact field-of-view of the camera. The melodramatic, creepy music. Everything about this video says SET UP. Therefore:

HOAX HOAX HOAX

IT's not my video, I watched it and passed it on, I agree about the music, not worth adding.
here is what the person who posted the video said.

Amazing UFO footage that I captured on my home security camera on the night of Oct 2, 2013 around 11pm in the evening in my front yard in Southeast MI, and I'm about 8 miles north of an air national guard base...wondering if they caught this on their radar? The camera is installed on the front of my house, and is pointing South towards the road (my house is set back about 300ft from the road). The UFO appears to be scanning the ground with a green laser (the laser beam can seen on the trees too). The laser beam clearly starts small from the object and fans out into a larger cone as it gets closer to the ground. Also, someone asked why I had my home security camera pointed up into the sky before the incident. Btw, great question! Since there's been a lot ton of fireballs reported all over the world in the last 3 weeks, I thought I might be able to catch one on video, but I never expected to capture this! Object appears at 0:30, 3:29, 4:40 (laser), 4:53 The security camera only runs at 15 frame per second. Sorry, I wish I had a faster camera. I'm hoping this thing comes back for another visit soon because it seems friendly too me. Maybe, It'll drop off a superhero flying suit next time! Like on the 80's TV Series, "The Greatest American Hero".

could it be a hoax ? maybe, but it looks different than most videos, and if it's an RC plane it should be easy to find and post a similar video, I never saw one like this before,maybe you did and could post it.

edit on 3-10-2013 by zigoapex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Is this a cropped video?

Why is the camera set up exactly front and center to an event like this?

How is that possible?

On a tripod and perfectly still...

BS

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
Is this a cropped video?

How is that possible?

BS

Amazing UFO footage that I captured on my home security camera on the night of Oct 2, 2013 around 11pm in the evening in my front yard in Southeast MI, and I'm about 8 miles north of an air national guard base...wondering if they caught this on their radar? The camera is installed on the front of my house, and is pointing South towards the road (my house is set back about 300ft from the road). The UFO appears to be scanning the ground with a green laser (the laser beam can seen on the trees too). The laser beam clearly starts small from the object and fans out into a larger cone as it gets closer to the ground. Also, someone asked why I had my home security camera pointed up into the sky before the incident. Btw, great question! Since there's been a lot ton of fireballs reported all over the world in the last 3 weeks, I thought I might be able to catch one on video, but I never expected to capture this! Object appears at 0:30, 3:29, 4:40 (laser), 4:53 The security camera only runs at 15 frame per second. Sorry, I wish I had a faster camera. I'm hoping this thing comes back for another visit soon because it seems friendly too me. Maybe, It'll drop off a superhero flying suit next time! Like on the 80's TV Series, "The Greatest American Hero".

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zigoapex

Wow! Very intriguing. Could be a hoax like some people are claiming, but I don't know. The hoax objections are clearly explained by the guy who made the video. Certainly seems feasible. I do agree that the music wasn't needed and was cheesy, but that doesn't mean that it's a hoax. Just means the guy felt the need to add some spooky "mood" music to a "spooky" happening.

I don't get why people are so quick to call something like this a hoax. Be skeptical? Sure. But to outright claim that it's a hoax? *shrugs*

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

zigoapex
could it be a hoax ? maybe, but it looks different than most videos

It looks exactly like every other RC LED UFO video on the internet. LED's have very specific and recognizable colors.

zigoapex
it should be easy to find and post a similar video

All you have to do is take a trip over to YouTube and you can watch these types of videos all day and all night.

Here's one where a guy attached a green laser (similar to your video) to his "UFO":

Here's a "UFO" with changing light colors similar to yours:

And another one:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hmm! Personally don't like it when people label their own videos as "Amazing UFO", surely that's up to their viewers to decide? Still, that's personal opinion...

There is one gaping flaw that I'm seeing, and that's the fact the video maker claims his camera shoots at 15 frames per second, yet the footage is playing at about 2-4fps.

So has it been slowed down? Why the claim of 15 fps when the video clearly isn't?

When you start to watch it closer to its supposed 15fps, especially around the 5:45 mark, you start to see the light's reflections a little better, and this is where I see cracks - but can't quite explain why. But that's the point where it looks "conventional" in some way to me, like a laser pen, or some disco lighting/laser being used to trick us.

Interesting footage, but gotta say I'm less on the "legit" side on this one. Why the 15fps lie, rather, why claim 15fps but upload footage that is 4fps.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

AlienBuddha
I don't get why people are so quick to call something like this a hoax. Be skeptical? Sure. But to outright claim that it's a hoax? *shrugs*

Please read the explanations on why it's a hoax before claiming that people just exclaim "HOAX" just for poops and giggles. We don't sit around and wait for a "UFO" video to be posted so we can jump in and say HOAX!

• The camera is pointed to the sky (I could care less about the author's excuse as to why).
  • The "UFO" is the center of attention to the camera.
  • Needless, "spooky" music (utilized in almost all hoax videos).
  • Lights on "UFO" look exactly like LED lights, as LED's have very specific and recognizable colors.

If it looks like a hoax, then call it a hoax. There's no need to be "skeptical" and claim anything else. Not to mention, I posted several videos that have every aspect of the "UFO" covered including the flashing LED lights, and the green laser.

There really is nothing more that needs to be said. Yet, the thread will continue......

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

MALBOSIA
Is this a cropped video?

How is that possible?

BS

Sorry my friend. I can't buy it with else something more.

Get a close-up with you in your super hero suit and the alleged
visitor and i might be swayed lol

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
One of the better Hoax's!

Was Dead Give Away when colors cycled perfectly like I was playing Simon!

Pro Tip: When the rainbow effect happens its like 2 million colors at once!!
edit on 4-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: removed unrelated youtube video

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok, so the video's creator reports 15fps but the video actually plays at 2 or 4fps.

Here's the interesting bits sped up to roughly 15fps as the creator claims the camera records at.

edit on 4-10-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

_BoneZ_

Please read the explanations on why it's a hoax

I did. I just disagree with you.

before claiming that people just exclaim "HOAX" just for poops and giggles.

Never said you did. You need to calm down and stop getting so pissy because someone disagrees with you.

We don't sit around and wait for a "UFO" video to be posted so we can jump in and say HOAX!

Again, never said you did. Although, there are people on the internet who do just that.

• The camera is pointed to the sky (I could care less about the author's excuse as to why).

• You don't care why? Well, to me, that's just ignorance. He gave a valid explanation. So why don't you care? I think it's because his explanation works against your "It's a hoax!" proclamation.

Which, again, it could be a hoax. I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying you see this stuff a lot on the internet, people automatically jumping on something and proclaiming it a hoax.

• The "UFO" is the center of attention to the camera.

• Now, that's a good point. I'll have to watch the video again and see if the camera "follows" the UFO to keep it as the center of attention. I don't think it does, though. I think it stays stationary and the UFO moves around.

• Needless, "spooky" music (utilized in almost all hoax videos).

• I agree it's needless, but that doesn't make the video fake. That's a non-sequitur.

• Lights on "UFO" look exactly like LED lights, as LED's have very specific and recognizable colors

• Another good point that I'll check into.

There really is nothing more that needs to be said. Yet, the thread will continue......

Yes, it will, because people like to discuss and debate this kind of stuff. Even if you are right, and you probably are, my point is there's no reason to act like an arrogant ass about this. Seriously. No offense, but I mean saying "There really is nothing more that needs to be said. Yet, the thread will continue" is extremely arrogant like your word is the final word and if people continue to discuss this video they are just a bunch of idiots. I mean, come on, man, really? Lighten up a bit. There's really no need to get so worked up.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
    link   
    reply to post by markymint

Yeah, the fact that he lied about some things like the speed of the camera says more about his credibility and the authenticity of this video than the fact that he added some silly music to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
    link   
    reply to post by _BoneZ_

I have to agree with you. Every security system I've worked on had cameras pointing towards gates, parking lots, entrances and the like. Never have I come across a camera purposely pointed towards the sky.

Secondly, the "UFO" appears mid center. Really "lucky" for the guy who caught the footage. Would be more believable if the "UFO" was off center, disappeared and appeared on camera again due to going off the viewable area. It seems like it was made to give people a good show.

As a firm believer in ET UFO's, videos like this upset me. It's one of the reasons why UFO research and researchers are sometimes belittled.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
    link   
    You'd think a flashing light that size would illuminate the trees below. Just a little bit at least.

This is the fakest thing I've seen for years and that music just makes it look more manufactured than it already is.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
    link   

could it be a hoax ? maybe, but it looks different than most videos, and if it's an RC plane it should be easy to find and post a similar video, I never saw one like this before,maybe you did and could post it.

edit on 3-10-2013 by zigoapex because: (no reason given)

Stunt RC Helicopter. The maneuvers in this supposed UFO video are nothing compared to the sheer insanity these RC copters can pull off. They're so fast and light that they can literally mimick a UFO's movement, easily. Not exaggerating in the slightest.

www.youtube.com...

Tell me you couldn't just slap a $2 LED light on that thing and freak the hell outta people at night?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join