It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON : Realtime Image and Info 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That's beautiful
Thank you!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

ValentinoG
reply to post by doobsy

It is VERY scary lol Thats why I wanted anyone who has been following ISON to explain if this is true.

something not right about ison, cant put my finger on it though ,and why is it not on the tv hmmmm

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

jeramie
I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this thread!

Cheesy, do you think ISON is still going to be as bright as we were told it is going to be? I keep reading that it is fizzling out, but the pictures you shared sure make it seem like it is still on track to doing what they said it would. Thank you!

I was reading about the brightness and since it's heading towards the sun, it will get brighter from the suns reflection and if it doesn't burn up and makes it through in one piece, it will be so bright, it may be visible in the daytime sky, as a white blur close to the Sun! With the naked eye, no telescope
edit on 4-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by doobsy

I agree! What sucks is, the article says that we should go anywhere that's above 800 meters above sea level. I'm in Florida. If sea levels were to rise more than 70 meters... well... NO MORE FLORIDA lol so i'm a little concerned..

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

ValentinoG
reply to post by doobsy

I agree! What sucks is, the article says that we should go anywhere that's above 800 meters above sea level. I'm in Florida. If sea levels were to rise more than 70 meters... well... NO MORE FLORIDA lol so i'm a little concerned..

Relax, it's just fear mongering nonsense. ISON's not going to do anything to us.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
First off .. Cheesy you are slowly making a name for yourself but in a good way I'm loving home much time you spend on here .. Do you have a job ? Lol

Secondly and this is going to be a real stupid question, but I'm in the UK (just east of London) when are we expecting to be able to see ISON in the sky with the naked eye

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nice post I want to see more pictures I will follow up

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Hey Cheesy

Nice pics!!
Here is another post where some folks are also adding pics of Comet Ison!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thank you for your attention to this event. I have always been amazed by the heavens and comets certainly hold the most attention. In some of my acrylic paintings I have placed comets in the sky because they represent a the dream like quality so well. Good job and I will follow this thread.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just saw a video posted on www.disclose.tv of a timelapse sequence of pictures but I can't seem to copy it and post it here. Pretty amazing video. Shows two objects orbiting the nucleus of the comet. Looks like a pillar or pipe shape. Makes you wonder that's for sure. Keep up the good work cheesy.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Bornin66
Just saw a video posted on www.disclose.tv of a timelapse sequence of pictures but I can't seem to copy it and post it here. Pretty amazing video. Shows two objects orbiting the nucleus of the comet. Looks like a pillar or pipe shape. Makes you wonder that's for sure. Keep up the good work cheesy.

That was a CGI hoax if it's the one I'm thinking of.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I am not an expert by any stretch in the CGI department. All the same I have seen some other shots that come from reliable sources that show ISON to have some companion fragments tagging along which is common for comets to have.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Bornin66

I am not an expert by any stretch in the CGI department. All the same I have seen some other shots that come from reliable sources that show ISON to have some companion fragments tagging along which is common for comets to have.

It's common for a comet to be seen in the same field of view as an asteroid or even multiple asteroids, but it is not normal for a comet to have "companions" visibly orbiting it. Any "companions" would necessarily have to orbit the nucleus at a small distance far too small to resolve. ISON was seen earlier with asteroid Eros, but that's the only asteroid conjunction I've seen it have so far. Other asteroids will appear near ISON though and other images like that may appear as a result.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Bornin66

The dead giveaway should have been the incredible resolution and detail shown in the video. We simply don't have anywhere near as good technology to see a comet nucleus that far away in such detail.

And if ISON had any companions or anything following it, astronomers would be talking about it everywhere.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Heres a video for you guys about the chemical makeup of ISON

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Hi everyone, gingevans83 here from liverpool, UK. This is my First post on ATS. I was just reading about wether comets have companions. I came across this the other day, not quite a comet companion but a busy november night time sky. It shows what can be seen during November 2013.
It shows comet ENCKE, comet ISON, Mars, Jupiter & the newly discovered C/2013 R1 Lovejoy comet viewed looking S/SE.
I hope the link below works, if not- please search it.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Can you also show the asteroid that is moving parallel with it? Erus I think is it's name.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
ISON today (Oct 4th) from New Mexico. Image by Rolando Ligustri.
www.astrobin.com...

Gentle green hue, and I love that tidy tail. Looks like the comet is racing to meet with the Sun.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

I saw a story on another site this morning that said Ison has changed course, and isn't following their models. Some concern that it might be coming closer to us, or worse. Does anybody have any info on that ?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great to have a thread with all of your ISON updates and the contributions of others all in one place! Thanks, Cheesy! I love your enthusiasm for this topic!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join