It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

The difference is you turn surprise into hate.

We prefer to turn it to acceptance.. no different than if they came home proclaiming the glory of christ as opposed to the open minded person we tried to raise. We wouldn't cast them out and disown them. We'd get to know them as whatever person our child has become. At least I would.. sometimes they're still the same person underneath..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

The grandfather is a hypocrite.

Exactly.
He doesn’t like what her choices so he disowns her because she doesn’t like her sons choices?
What a freakin’ hypocrite he is. Sounds to me like ‘Grandpa’ just wanted his name in the paper.

As for Mom? Guess what folks? Sometimes a parent has to take the hard road. Chose the path that isn’t politically correct. Chose what’s right for themselves and their child. If this is the stance the woman is taking - as a parent - right or wrong more power to her.

peace

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Chose what’s right for themselves and their child

Yes, it's much better for her to hate her child and not have anything to do with him.

That's better than say...you know..parenting.

She took the 'easy' road, not the high one. It's much easier to put a few pieces of felt in your ears and scream "LALALALALALA I"M NOT LISTENING" than to be adult and confront your problems.

~Tenth
edit on 10/3/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Christian Voice
He is being raised in a Loving Christian home with both parents who show each other Love every single day. He does not ever have to wonder if his parents Love each other and does not have to wonder if we Love him. He is not bombarded constantly by sexual crap on TV as we rarely watch TV and if we do it is very family friendly programming. He is not bombarded by the perverse entertainment industry at all as we monitor very closely what he watches. Everytime you turn on the idiot box or put a movie in the gay agenda is shoved down our dang throats. So we rarely watch tv and are very selective on our movies. We also are very careful of those he surrounds himself with. (You are who you associate with),,, lie with dogs and come up with fleas.
Now, LET THE CHRISTIAN BASHING BEGIN.......

I was raised in a Christian home, both my parents are together and never have real fights, lots of love in my home growing up. I was an 80's-90's kid and I never watched anything that had a gay character or gay agenda, didn't even know what gay was until I was 13.. but what I did know since I was 6 is that I was different, gay, though I had no concept of it then. So even in your water-tight bubble of moral high ground the gayness can still attack and ruin your family/life, just saying.. it's not what people are exposed to, it's chemical, it's in the brain.. it's genetic predisposition.

If people could choose to not be gay and just pray over it and have god heal them of their 'moral defectiveness' there wouldn't be many gay people.. that doesn't work though. it's not an easy life to live. Your family, your church, your friends all tell you that there's something wrong with you and you're going to hell. It's lonely and hard especially as a child/teen, hell even as a young adult and onward it's hard. Maybe people wouldn't bash Christians on this issue if some Christians weren't bashing children who feel scared and hopeless and abandoned by their family friends and God.. what kind of person kicks someone whose already down and condemns them, not their lifestyle, you condemn them as a person, their very existence.. it's no wonder so many gay kids commit suicide. Show some compassion.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

THis is an interesting point. Not that it precludes being "born that way".....but just about all human behavior is the result of neurochemical response. You could theoretically alter the neurochemicals (along with neurofeedback) and change sexual orientation in either direction, or towards just about anything.

What we are tends to be a result of genetic predisposition and neurofeedback.

The issue is: what you are does not define who you are. "Black". "Fat". "Gay". "Ginger". "Poor". "Unemployed". None of these things make up who the person inside us is. That is something much more sublime, yet with a much bigger impact on the world. The invisible giant, so to speak.

To love yourself is to love who you are. Be a good person, and it is easy to love yourself. Even when you are fat, furry, and from Texas.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
She popped him into this world and he was born gay. If anything she is as much to blame as GOD for bringing him into this world. If this all-righteous sicko gets his kicks from creating life that is destined for eternal pain and suffering by default, well then maybe the dude with horns is our only Savior from this sadistic evil entity!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
well... the boy WAS left handed...

we must draw the line somewhere. otherwise these dirty sinners will began thinking its ok

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
>>
If people could choose to not be gay and just pray over it and have god heal them of their 'moral defectiveness' there wouldn't be many gay people.. that doesn't work though. it's not an easy life to live. Your family, your church, your friends all tell you that there's something wrong with you and you're going to hell. It's lonely and hard especially as a child/teen, hell even as a young adult and onward it's hard.
>>

The funny thing is that the number of gay people would not even be an issue, the entire whatever sexual preference one has would not be an issue - IF NOT for people like him who *make* it an issue because they are obsessed and digging the negativity their church teaches them.

Also...what about the millions of children who grow up in a normal home, without religious parents...even in very liberal homes...where they may even have the freedom to watch whatever they like on TV (parents working etc.) play video games...no one cares about the bible or praying.

According to his logic, MANY of those children must be raised "gay"...but of course there is no evidence whatsoever that this happens; that "being gay" is on account of or in any way "the fault" of their family. (Such as "The more liberal a family..the more likely the kids will "turn gay" at some point).

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Christian Voice
It is no secret on here how I feel about homosexuality. My mother in law(who is insanely liberal minded) asked me one time what I would if my son told me he was gay. My response was this:

I would have a talk with him and make sure he knows where his Mother and I stand on the topic as well as God's position. Yes God is very clear on his stance of homosexuality despite all of the perverting of the Bible that some homosexuals on here try and do. I would reiterate how much I Love him and he is always welcome in my home however he would not bring that into our home. What he does in the privacy of his own home when he does move out is his business but he will not bring it into our home. OUR HOME, OUR RULES.
With that said I don't see that happening though. He is being raised in a Loving Christian home with both parents who show each other Love every single day. He does not ever have to wonder if his parents Love each other and does not have to wonder if we Love him. He is not bombarded constantly by sexual crap on TV as we rarely watch TV and if we do it is very family friendly programming. He is not bombarded by the perverse entertainment industry at all as we monitor very closely what he watches. Everytime you turn on the idiot box or put a movie in the gay agenda is shoved down our dang throats. So we rarely watch tv and are very selective on our movies. We also are very careful of those he surrounds himself with. (You are who you associate with),,, lie with dogs and come up with fleas.
Now, LET THE CHRISTIAN BASHING BEGIN.......

The what? How can you be so naive? Anyone that disagrees with you isn't bashing Christianity, by the way.

And are you insinuating that people (who were BORN gay) will become gay by living in a dysfunctional family, or by seeing things on the television or by hanging around gay people? Are you kidding me? Time to open your eyes dude.

I feel so very sorry for the damage you are inflicting on your children. I hope it isn't irreparable.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RockstarMatt

Can you post a link to some proof that homosexuality is something
you are born with? I know that is th conception of most people
but it still seems to be a topic of debate.

Most gays say they KNOW they were but i don't see how it is
possible that they could know that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Maybe you born gay and choose to be straight?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Talk to gay people and they'll tell you that they have always been that way. People who are bisexual also say similar things in that they've always been attracted to both genders.

Being gay isn't anymore of a choice than me being attracted to women.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

With that said I don't see that happening though. He is being raised in a Loving Christian home

Um... because people who grow up in unloving homes become gay and people who grow up in loving homes don't? I am assuming here that you simply are very unfamiliar with the reality of homosexuality. I am sure you have the best intentions, but just for the record, this is... inaccurate.

Life is short. Loving interaction is key. Who people love is pretty trivial next to the question of whether they are willing and able to love and be loved.

How many parents and siblings of dead young men would give anything for the 'issue' to be merely one of his gender preferences rather than his death? This is when you realize what really matters: that who a person is, and their value to others, has nothing to do with things like that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

RockstarMatt

Talk to gay people and they'll tell you that they have always been that way. People who are bisexual also say similar things in that they've always been attracted to both genders.

Thats what pedophiles say also. They were born that way and always had a sexual.attraction to kids that doesnt give them the OK to ACT on it. No one HAS to act on their emotions or attraction that IS a gay persons right to ACT on it thereby making it a choice to do it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

MALBOSIA ...a link to some proof that homosexuality is something you are born with? I know that is th conception of most people but it still seems to be a topic of debate. Most gays say they KNOW they were but i don't see how it is possible that they could know that.

In reverse order of importance:

I knew my stepbrother was gay when he was 6. His sister did too. We were 13. I don't know how we knew, although he was a bit effeminate and artistic it's true but that doesn't make a man gay. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even thinking of such things when he was 6. Can't prove he was born with it, but it certainly seemed to kick in early if it seemed evident without any sexuality involved at all, at that young.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it occurred ten minutes ago instead of at someone's birth. I've known plenty of people who appear to have been influenced by events in their life as opposed to born-that-way but so what?

Not related to you, but the topic in general now: This expectation of somehow proving it's a birth-thing is nothing more than religious intolerance looking for a new doorway of attack against other people having their OWN (gasp) choices. Gay people should not need any excuse whatsoever for being gay. I don't care if they just thought it was a wild idea this morning or if they were genetically born that way or if their father raping them made them only able to relate to women, these things simply do not matter to the question of what someone chooses to do with their life, who they love, who they engage in sex with: what matters is that it is their body and their life.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

LadyLurker
im not sure how id feel about one of my children coming home and telling me they were gay but i hope and pray that dosnt happen im against it 100 percent but it might change if that were to happen i couldnt see disowning my child

Religion......evil evil thing!! Shame you guys arent so much against kiddy fiddling, maybe you could stop your priests from touching kids and do something useful.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Thats what pedophiles say also. They were born that way and always had a sexual.attraction to kids that doesnt give them the OK to ACT on it. No one HAS to act on their emotions or attraction that IS a gay persons right to ACT on it thereby making it a choice to do it.

They are mistaken then, as how can a child be a pedophile? A 7 year old cannot be a paedo for being attracted to another 7 year old, or 5 year old for that matter.

Pedophilia isnt something you are born with. Im not 100% sure how it works but id assume it was more to do with environmental factors and life in general. Comparing a gay person to a paedo is pretty low, and uneducated.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

starfoxxx

RockstarMatt

This is the same "choice" other people have acting on their (heterosexual) emotions. If gays were not gay, why would they "choose" to act on homosexual emotions in the first place? Because they were BORN so.

And..hint...hint...you would ALSO BE GAY if you are not acting on your emotions (due to social pressure etc. ) and being attracted to the same gender nevertheless. Are you proposing here that one is only gay THEN once someone acts on it? Seriously..what outrageous nonsense.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

AmberLeaf

They are mistaken then, as how can a child be a pedophile? A 7 year old cannot be a paedo for being attracted to another 7 year old, or 5 year old for that matter.

Pedophilia isnt something you are born with. Im not 100% sure how it works but id assume it was more to do with environmental factors and life in general. Comparing a gay person to a paedo is pretty low, and uneducated.

So a gay person is not really gay until. they engage in homosexual sex? A person that never grows out of their sexual attraction to kids is a pedophile. Just like a person that were attracted sexually to the same sex never grows out of it. A pedophile can either act on their sexual attraction or not. If they act on it they have made a choice. If a person attracted to the same sex acts on their sexual preference they have made the choice to do so.

edit on 4-10-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Choices????? CHOICES????? What choice did the son have in being gay? Please cite fact and NOT FICTION!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join