It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMOs Don't Hurt Anyone, But Opposing Them Does

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Can any one say Thalidomide? Anybody remember breaking thermometers to play with the mercury? What about that wonderful new age fabric fiberglass (asbestos)?

The problem with messing with Mother Nature is that you never know what you are going to get. There is no way they can know what they are going get when they start slicing and dicing genes; I am just afraid we will end up with so much more.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

There is also a link here too then I would imagine.

Facts About the 'Autism Diet' Gluten-Free Casein- Free Diet

Seems genetic manipulation of ourselves and foods is having some reverse side effects.

I still advocate science/medical technology, study and research though. There is no sense to go backwards. Instead we need to stop using what has adverse affects, have stricter and longer reviews and studies, and a serious look at ethics and morals. We should be creating things that help and better our world and then ourselves, not things that are destructive and deadly, not only to ourselves but the entire living organism of Earth.

So yeah, the mad scientists and their alchemy is getting a bit out of hand. BOO!

CdT

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

am sorry you can't eat gluten but that is hardly what anyone would call a public hazard. That is your biology just like some people have alergies.

BTW your links do not work. Also I have no problem looking at studies. But please no psuedo science sites or studies that are not peer reviewed(yes I do respect the scientific process)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Lest my bottom of page post get lost as sometimes happens.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

First of all I didn't make up what my doctor told me and second of all there have been cases of cross contamination of wheat products, while I do know that GMO wheat is not on the market and never officially was up until 2005 I believe they did do GMO wheat trials which have been found in cross contamination of wheat crops in other areas.. I personally believe that the contamination of it does happen and has happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
One needs to see the argument the OP set up correctly:

"You need GMO's in order to save blind kids." That sort of device is simply unconscionable.

The CORE, and SOLE reason for GMO's is to OWN THE RIGHTS TO ALL FOOD. The made up reason, the PR reason, of "poor starving blind kids" was back engineered from the need to OWN ALL RIGHTS TO FOOD. They didn't add vitamin A to save kids, they added it to make their copyright stand up in court.

If you cannot see past the PR campaign that was created to sell the idea that 25000 years of free to plant food is better served by the last 15 years of, "plant our patented food and will sue you into oblivion for violating our patent" you are simply insane. Truly, I do think that anyone who buys the PR campaign rhetoric has to be ill in some way.

What is wrong with people, why are they unable to see how this works? Monsanto goes to the government and says, "how can we own all food, meaning how can we sue folks who use seeds we own the copyright on, even if they do not intend to - can we jail them too?" The government says, "just file a patent and claim you created it - which you are, so treat it like a new car engine."

THEN, Monstanto goes to their very well paid, very well educated PR staff and says, "how do we sell it to these idiots who think 25 thousand years of common food was at all good?" The PR guys say, "hmmm, there is nothing good about this, but.... if we play the poor kids dying card, it will work, because said doe eyed children always work on the dumb."

So the PR jerkoffs create this campaign: "If you are against GMO's you are a horrible scumbag heathen who likes the idea of blind children." Then Monstanto develops wonderful, very expensive power-point presentations that tell everyone how the blind will be healed, how the world will be fed - all with glowing imagery, with wheat fields and happy farmers with their bounty. They NEVER mention lawsuits, faulty testing, corruption, payoffs, strong arm tactics, or the rider they plan to attach to a new bill that protects THEM from being sued - they have a rider that lets them sue and one that prevents them from being sued!!!!! Why would they need to be protected from being sued of the altruism of saving the poor blind kids was their motive - what jury would convict the good church of Monstanto for simply helping those in need?

Then we see this post. Mystifying and disheartening. No person in their right mind would fall for this insane PR effort except those who were fully raised in the vacuum that is a world dominated by PR. Orwell is grinning ear to ear right now - the plan worked to perfection.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage that is absolutely priceless. lol. If the icons weren’t so horrible I would have a line of lols.

It seems this subject it very hard to talk to others rationally about.

You have seen me in other threads ask time and time again for opponents of GMO to provide evidence of their harm.

This time I found where people are being harmed because it is being kept from them yet it is ignored.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

First of all I didn't make up what my doctor told me and second of all there have been cases of cross contamination of wheat products
You mean that little bit of GMO wheat that was found in one field in Oregon? That wasn't "cross contamination". That was some full fledged GMO wheat plants that showed up in the field. That was contamination.

I believe they did do GMO wheat trials which have been found in cross contamination of wheat crops in other areas
Why do you believe that?

I personally believe that the contamination of it does happen and has happened.
Yes, you said that. And, for some reason you're convinced that GMO wheat causes you problems while non-GMO wheat doesn't.

And how do you know it's the GMO wheat that causes the problems? Was it labeled? No, that can't be it. Or are you saying that the only difference between the organic wheat that doesn't bother you and the non-organic wheat is that the non-organic wheat just has to be GMO because it makes you ill so that proves it must be GMO? That's called circular reasoning and it goes nowhere. How do you know your organic wheat wasn't "cross contaminated" with GM? Because it didn't get you sick?

Sorry, your anecdote is evidence of absolutely nothing except that you have convinced yourself that GMO wheat is the root of your problem.

edit on 10/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

brandiwine14

There is not enough known about gmo's and their affect if any on our bodies.

Not to mention that their pesticides are killing off the honey bees, among other things.

They are evil, the only people they help are themselves.

Their cries of "we are helping to feed the poor" fall on deaf ears. They are making people poor, homeless, and in the end quite possibly sick.
edit on 3-10-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

the funniest part about these pro-gmo tirades is when they just skip right over the best posts..not a word about monsanto and their evil doings..not a peep about the neonicatoids killing the bees.. deafening silence..
I love posts made on the dime where the obvious propaganda is thrown blatantly in our faces as if we should feel bad about the poor kids

how about this little doozy..... how many kids did we save in south america, did they inform the citizenry that they were even releasing this into the market to "cull the herd" so to speak. if no then why not..?? think maybe this is in your corn at your local walmart or farmers market..?? did they inform you there too..???

The existence of genetically modified corn was analyzed in tests conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the company Epicyte. In announcing his success in a 2001 press conference, the president of Epicyte, Mitch Hein, said his company’s transgenic corn plants, “create anti-sperm antibodies.” Hein said the creation of transgenic organisms and their use in food could be used as a tool to solve the overpopulation problem. In 1996, after the creation and use of genetically modified organisms in corn and other grains sent to South America, Mexico and Africa, analysis revealed that, almost immediately after the introduction of Bt corn in the United States, the birth rate had fallen in an accelerated way; only three years after the introduction of GMOs into the food supply.Hein explained that they had taken antibodies from women with a rare condition known as immune infertility, using genetic engineering techniques, had inserted the genes into ordinary corn seeds used to produce corn plants. In this manner, in reality they produced a concealed contraceptive embedded in corn meant for human consumption. “Essentially, the antibodies are attracted to surface receptors on the sperm,” said Hein. “They latch on and make each sperm so heavy it cannot move forward. It just shakes about as if it was doing the lambada.” The moral and ethical issues of feeding it to humans in Third World poor countries without their knowing it countries he left out of his remarks. The questions raised by spermicides hidden in GMO corn provided to starving Third World populations through the generosity of the Gates’ foundation, Rockefeller Foundation and Kofi Annan’s AGRA" are many and profound.

there are thousands and thousands of articles like these google eugenics and pharming or gmo corn and birthrates or gmo gene transfer or monsanto bt corn toxin linked to infertility .. you will be quite terrified..why have over 60 countries banned GMO and their use or cultivation ..I mean what your article posted above OP is claiming is that switzerland or maybe ireland or maybe japan are full of excrement by banning these frankenfoods.. I tend to trust these countries doing the science rather than the companies faking it

so IMHO and obviously many other countries HO's.. get stuffed and you can have your GMO's

edit to add..
uh oh.. the PHAGE is on it
edit on 3-10-2013 by troll killer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by troll killer

Can you provide us with those studies which show a link between Bt Corn and fertility?

I'm talking about fertility, not birth rates. Because people have a choice about whether or not they want to have children. A drop in birth rates does not indicate that involuntary birth control is being applied.

Can you provide some evidence that that particular strain of "contraceptive corn" was ever put into production, that it was ever put on the market?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

GMO ? a modified Gene? but then so is a Horizintal Virus

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Funny thing though, if I eat organic wheat products after a gluten free detox they don't seem to bother me but any GMO wheat product puts me in severe pain ASAP..for me that's all the proof I need. Nuff said.

Uhh, how can you tell that they're GMO free wheat products? I don't really think that's 'Nuff said'. Sounds like confirmation bias.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Obviously it was not labelled, I never stated that it was. I believe it is a root cause of the reactions and I'll certainly agree it could be in tandem with other contamination/ingredients in the products themselves. For me it really is an observational basis of eating organically grown wheat products versus corporate food wheat products and noticing a major difference regardless of the organic label and same basic ingredient, Wheat. While you may believe that no cross contamination other than the field in Oregon has happened I disagree. Canada has had issues with flax GMO contamination, etc. on imports from the States.

jorma-jyrkkanen.livejournal.com...

www.farmstart.ca...

Now while you are free to think that's insane, ridiculous or whatever Phage, fill your boots. People believe crazier things on a daily basis. I still stand by my belief that GMO crops in general are not something that should be the market at all as not enough long term testing of the effects have been produced by independent non-biased studies.

I tried linking a study regarding the weed killer modification in GMO crops and bee deaths due to the the intestinal systems being affected directing on pollination but I'm having some difficulty with my link embedding apparently.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

There are some very good uses for genetically modifying or altering plants. But they could also just provide the vitamin supplement too, and alot cheaper than altering the rice, eh. A just and equal world with things provided would make more sense, than destroying the dna codes of foods that we need.

There other wonderful modifications. Imagine coconuts growing on the height of grapevines in northern climate greenhouses, as long as the coconuts retain their virgin pure quality, for I don't want something else added thank you very much. I want the true and good nutrients in this, and not chemically dipped or treated, and not cooked, pausterized or ruined. I sure the hell don't want frog or insect DNA in my tomatoes thank you very much, either. And its a crime against me direct, that will be answered above and beyond earth. And no matter what, I don't give these rights away to anyone.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Now while you are free to think that's insane, ridiculous or whatever Phage, fill your boots. People believe crazier things on a daily basis.

Stupid Phage. She's right because some people believe Obama is a lizard.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Phage

Can you provide us with those studies which show a link between Bt Corn and fertility?

like copy of this in my safe at home..no I didn't write it but I trust all the countries That have banned BT corn for use or cultivation

Can you provide some evidence that that particular strain of "contraceptive corn" was ever put into production, that it was ever put on the market?

why would they waste the time or effort to ban it if it was never marketed or produced.. that' s just really funny
60 countries and counting.. they just banned it because it's good for you

add another to the list

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I am not sure what you are arguing here.

Are you saying the rice doesn’t contain the nutrients needed to save lives and prevent blindness?

Are you saying that even though it does have the nutrients needed they should find another way or suffer through it after all like you said this has been going on for a very long time?

Are you saying because you don’t like the corporate aspect everyone should just forget about any good it can do?

I am just not sure what your message is.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Obviously it was not labelled, I never stated that it was. I believe it is a root cause of the reactions and I'll certainly agree it could be in tandem with other contamination/ingredients in the products themselves.
Translation: you don't know what difference may or may not cause your problem or lack of problem.

Canada has had issues with flax GMO contamination, etc. on imports from the States.

Neither of your links say anything about any wheat contamination having occurred. Canada has approved the growing of GMO flax.

I still stand by my belief that GMO crops in general are not something that should be the market at all as not enough long term testing of the effects have been produced by independent non-biased studies.
You are entitled to your opinion.

I tried linking a study regarding the weed killer modification in GMO crops and bee deaths due to the the intestinal systems being affected directing on pollination but I'm having some difficulty with my link embedding apparently.
I spliced that link together. That is not a study, it is idle speculation. A typical statement:

As seen above, it is certain that the digestive shutdown is due to hard material in the digestive tract that compromises the immune system.

www.globalresearch.ca...
How can looking at a picture determine anything such thing? That is not a "study". It is nonsense.

edit on 10/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So you just believe them when they tell you a study says something. You don't look for the actual study. Got it. Way to "deny ignorance"!

I trust all the countries That have banned BT corn for use or cultivation
Ok. You trust governments which make health decisions based on politics rather than science. Got it.

why would they waste the time or effort to ban it if it was never marketed or produced..
Bt corn has been prohibited in some places, yes. I was talking about the "contraceptive corn". Tell me, what has happened with birth rates in the countries where GM corn has been prohibited? Here's one:

add another to the list
That article is sort of old. Here's an update.
Russia: Temporary ban lifted on GMO corn

“Besides according to the official opinion of the European Food Safety Agency (EFSA), as well as a number of independent experts, the results of studies published in the Food and Safety Toxicology Magazine on September 19, 2012 can not be considered as reliable” - added in the report of Rospotrebnadzor.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There are some very good uses for genetically modifying or altering plants. But they could also just provide the vitamin supplement too, and alot cheaper than altering the rice, eh.

While originally I thought this as well when I looked into it I found out that they have tried and are still trying to do just that but it isn’t working. It gets to too few people. With it being in the food/rice which is a main staple of many nations diet especially the poor then there is no need to transport and hand out pills across the countries.

I read up on those who developed this and the motivations were far from being about money as some think. In fact several companies have provided free access to their patented technologies necessary to generate Golden Rice

It is the name that scares people it seems and not much else.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join