It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oceans Bottom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Does anyone information on any conspiracies about the oceans bottom?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There isn't any ocean bottom, that's just a lie fed to you by the government. The Earth is almost totally made up of water and the continents float on it, held in place by giant undersea cables.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yes! That's true!

But you forgot to add that the Cables are attached to giant sea turtles that swim through the water pulling the continents around the planet every twentyfour hours. Whenever one of them gets a little tired the water will slosh onto the land as a tidal wave!

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Those are pretty creative fellas.

I have only heard of conspiracies related to the ocean bottom when its related to communications networks, military bases, or dropped weapons.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well somewhere there is an ocean bottom, there is Lava in the core of our planet....right.

Where Lava meats the ocean (the bottom of the ocean) it should turn solid...correct?

So hence earthquakes, fissures, mountains and titlewaves are caused by the land masses that flow on top of lava currents, not ocean water. at least as far as I understand.

This is only a false conspiricy if there is no lava, and volcanos disprove that.

conspericies...you mean like the movie 'the core' ? no, I don't think so.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of missle base underwater, but as far as a conspiricy, nope, I don't know of anything.

[edit on 14/11/2004 by dusty1031]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
conspiracies about the oceans bottom...

i've heard living cells or organisms can survive near the lava like sprouts which reach up like 118 degrees F. Who seriously knows whats going on down there, any attempt to reach the deep sea will crush you instantly. Maybe we should spend more time researching our seas rather than going to space...NOPE. It just wouldn't happen, but maybe something does linger down there...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
i've heard living cells or organisms can survive near the lava like sprouts which reach up like 118 degrees F

I think its hotter than 118 F no? Its not a spout of lava tho, it superheated water that is spewing out of those vents. Its soaked up so many minerals that its black, and looks like smoke. Creatively, they are called 'black smokers'. There are entire mini-ecosytems around them, with some organisms that are 'degenerate' forms of 'regular' organisms, and others that are truly weird. Like Giant worms that live in tubes and don't need to eat, because they have a lump of chemo-trophic bacteria that live inside of them. THe bacteria 'feed' off the chemicals spewing out of the smokers directly, and produce 'waste'. The 'waste' is nutrients for the worms. There's all sorts of fantastic things down there.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As a keen diver I once reached the bottom of the ocean whilst in Australia. I found a huge plug and pulled it. Pretty soon the ocean was running down the plug hole and some islands started to emerge at the waters surface. I quickly put the plug back in and turned on the tap (cold water, not hot, didn't want to burn the turtles swimming with the cables on their backs). Soon enough the ocean was back to normal. I vowed never again to pull the plug on the ocean. Goodbye friends I'm off to the moon to get some cheese for my sandwhich.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Teller, next time be more careful, because I was swimming near by. Thanks god, I was saved by a group of ugly mutants who, as they told me, lived on an island just a kilometer away. Before they disappeared I managed to take a photo.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agnis
Teller, next time be more careful, because I was swimming near by. Thanks god, I was saved by a group of ugly mutants who, as they told me, lived on an island just a kilometer away. Before they disappeared I managed to take a photo.

Agnis!! how dare you call my family a group of ugly mutants. They were simply having a nice day out with me diving on the reef. And I thnk you have been using Photoshop on your photo as my wife, the one with the beautiful wolf head, was wearing a bikini top as well as bottoms. Pervert for airbrushing it out.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This has already been discussed!

The search function is helpful when you are wondering if something has been discussed already around here.

Zip

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, at S. Latitude 47�9', W. Longitude 23�43' in the Pacific Great Cthulhu lies dreaming in R'lyeh in a living death. The Government knows this so it MUST be a conspiricy!

top topics

join