It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Must Have For Any Hiker/Survivalist-Ribz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

A front pack is a pack that holds your gear on the front of your body and keeps things accessible. The Ribz Front Pack is a great execution of this idea. No longer to you have to stop while hiking, take off your pack, search through a large back to find whatever it is you are looking for, only to have to hoist the pack back to your shoulders. Accessing gear while hiking, bugging out, or other outdoor activities is quick and easy with the Ribz. The front pack I chose was the Regular Alpine Green, as you can see from the video there is LOTS of storage space. If you've ever had trouble with gear accessibility or not enough gear storage Ribz is worth a look, it is a simple, rugged, and affordable option.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, I guess that's cooler than a fanny pack.

I know we all feel guilty for owning a fanny pack at one point in time.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That is the second fanny pack reference.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Well, I guess that's cooler than a fanny pack.

I know we all feel guilty for owning a fanny pack at one point in time.

Speak for yourself, never, not me. It is very unAustralian.

P

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

A must have?
I don't think I would go that far.

We are serious backpackers and we consider every ounce that we put on our backs.
The person selling this product in your video puts lots of emphasis on accessing firearms quickly.
Maybe this is where we disconnect. In the real world we don't need a quick draw firearm on our hikes.
In a survival/apocalypse situation I may reconsider this point.

We use Osprey backpacks and usually carry about 35-40 pounds for a 10 day hike. They are outfitted with water bladders and we can filter water into them and drink from them without taking them off.

Here's Mrs. tanda packing the Osprey Aether after 6 days in Sycamore Canyon.

We are minimalist and it's almost a competition to get the weight down. We know every trick in the book when it comes to making the load lighter.

It seems to me that dropping pack and re-shouldering would be easier without this front pack contraption.
On the other hand if I were just trying to maximize my load, I could see the benefit of the balancing effect.

s&f cause we love gear

edit on 3-10-2013 by tanda7 because: ima gear geek

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

tanda7

The person selling this product in your video puts lots of emphasis on accessing firearms quickly.
Maybe this is where we disconnect. In the real world we don't need a quick draw firearm on our hikes.

edit on 3-10-2013 by tanda7 because: ima gear geek

Probably ripped off the idea from nature photographers. We've had camera bags for our gear that are wearable on the front for a few decades now. Film/batteries/lenses rather than guns (we tend to prefer the wildlife to stay alive), but the stuff can be bulky and the ability to select what you need and have it ready to shoot at a moment's notice is pretty obvious.

top topics

join