It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the full impact of Fukushima has just hit me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I went out to a pub quiz and had a few drinks tonight like I do every Thursday.
I thought about a thread on here when a few of my mates ordered some scallops.
I mentioned Fukushima and how much radiation is being pumped into the Pacific on a daily basis, not one of them batted an eyelid. 1 had seen what he described as "something on facebook about it" and the rest werent even aware, That blew my mind but what was worse was none of them seemed the slightest bit concerned or bothered!!!!

I explained that were most likely the last generation that will get to eat seafood to try explain the gravity of the situation, a few looked a bit more interested but still no alarm.
I hate seafood and this side of the whole disaster compared to everything else has been a non eventt for me, but then it actually hit me............. WE ARE THE LAST GENERATION THAT WILL ACTUALLY GET TO EAT SEAFOOD!!!!!!
My mind was SERIOUSLY blown this time, Its 1 of very few things that Ive ever "realised" instead of "known".
You know that minute when it hits you, when the penny drops so to speak, I kinda freaked out.

When I say I never order or eat seafood, I mean not once in my life have I ever ordered seafood. Seriously never, The smell stinks to me even when cooked.
I ate fish once at a girlfriends house when her mum cooked it and I was too young, polite and stupid to think to say "sorry Im allergic" (Im not), other than that and a slice of prawn I tried when I went to a food tasting night, I have not eaten seafood ever. The few times Ive put it in my mouth by accident I spat it out

I thought about it and ordered some fish, not that great to be honest.
Had some calamari, pretty good but not much flavour without the dipping sauce.
Tried some scallops, not really a fan.
Prawns, Ill be fecked but prawns are Awesome!!!!!
Had 2 bowl thingies of em.
On Sunday Im heading to a place called Port Dickson to try Lobster and crab and a few other things at what my friends described as "the worlds best seafood restaurant" then Im never eating seafood again.
I seriously thought to myself I wanna be able to tell my kids when they ask if people did really used to eat fish? I can say yes and so did I once

Were the last generation to eat fish but the 1st generation that will be instantly believed when we say "things used to be better when I was a kid".
Were also gonna be the 1st generation to never say "things were harder back then"
All really scary realisations to have in one short space of time.

The 1 good thing about this is that in 5-6 years if its a bad as all of us outside the MSM think, there will be absolutely no way to hide it, deny it, cover it or stop it from being universally known.
9/11, JFK, Roswell, Osama Bin Laden etc etc we are not ever likely to find out anything for certain in our lifetimes, this Pacific ocean thing we most definately will!!!!!!

Score 1 for us conspiracy theorists

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

There is no reason to avoid Fish but you need to take care of the Type,
the Origin and the Amount!

Fish like Salmon, Tuna or any Fish from the Coast of Europe, Russia and the US
was already radioactive contaminated before 3/11 and don't start to think
about Mercury and other Toxins.

No, we need Fish and we need to find a Way "to harvest" Sea Fruits without
all this Pollution.

(i don't like to speak about "harvesting Life" but have no other Way)

IFISC’s Victor Rossi, one of the co-authors of the study, told the Sun via e-mail that researchers essentially found through simulations that by the time the plume hits American shores, concentrations of Cesium-137 are expected to be just 0.003 percent of the amount considered harmful, according to World Health Organization standards.

Central Coast Source, good Article:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

IFISC’s Victor Rossi, one of the co-authors of the study, told the Sun via e-mail that researchers essentially found through simulations that by the time the plume hits American shores, concentrations of Cesium-137 are expected to be just 0.003 percent of the amount considered harmful, according to World Health Organization standards.

Lots of people have said lots of things and it always is or getting worse by the sounds of things, they seem to have trouble what predicting whats gonna happen next week let alone in a few months or years

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not to mention that there are sea food farms that have their own tanks full of fish and resell them once they are full grown. Also, if you think the world will stop eating seafood think again. Japan hasn't stopped eating it, Korea didn't either, and the Philippines keeps eating it like no tomorrow. There's a select few in the US that stopped eating it as well but too little to really account for.

There are probably quite a bit of fish that are contaminated but it's unlikely that it'll affect us and the odds of eating a fish that's contaminated is very slim right now. Who knows though, maybe a catastrophic level of radiation will find its way in the ocean but remember that it's a little bit of radiation and the ocean / world is massive. I highly doubt the ocean would be completely polluted with radiation because of this but I'm no nuclear scientist.

What I can say is that the media likes to make things bigger than they actually are for drama/profits so when they show those charts on where it's found, it's probably just that, some of it were found here and there but maybe not everywhere in between.

I don't think we have to worry about our children not being able to eat seafood because right now, it only seems that ATS seems to be worried about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That fateful day two years ago, when Fukushima blew, I was numb with shock and depressed all summer long. I knew then that the world was tainted for all generations into the foreseeable future. I felt there wasn't a future, at least not a future that held the hope of reversing the pollution problems and allowing the planet to heal.

For some reason I hadn't really felt that way about Chernobyl and all the bomb tests since before I was born, although I had a similar feeling about the GMO contamination caused by Monsanto and their irresponsible genetic tinkering.

I'm glad I only have another 20 or so years left. I just hope reincarnation isn't for real and I have come back as some mutated freak living on a dying Earth.

I'm going to have to keep faith in JC's promise of a new body after death just to keep going without that heavy cloud hanging over me.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Em2013

I don't think we have to worry about our children not being able to eat seafood because right now, it only seems that ATS seems to be worried about it.

We here are worried a lot about it!

This is the reason why many People started independent Laboratories for unofficial Check Ups!

Check the Levels:

U need to use Google Translation but it works well

Edit:
H23 is 2011
H24 is 2012
H25 is 2013

A bride Variety of Products and great Levels!
edit on 3-10-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
We'll all get mutant superhero powers if we eat enough fish.

I'm already getting my spandex bodysuit ready. I'm thinking of copying the Red Power Ranger's style.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The FOOD is the least of our problems. Without a healthy ocean, all life on the planet will die.

If by some miracle we survive this, however limpingly, please remember this when some F-wit from the Atomic Energy Commission says that nuclear power is safe and don't worry, we'll figure out later what to do with the spent fuel rods.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
And the band kept playing while the ship went down..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sadly the majority of posts will indicate that folks cannot comprehend this problem. There will be many that will say, "no problem with my fish..."

The problem is that there is no possible way for the humans who exist on this planet to stop the ocean from being a dumping ground for this radiation - none, zero. There is no human on this earth, there is no technology on this earth, there is no robot, no nothing that can resolve this, not now, not ever.

Consider, by the time some technology is developed to find the corium and dig it up and put it elsewhere - your backyard, the fish will have seen a whole lot of radiation, and we'll have to develop something to catch them and put them in your backyard.

So, while this week's fish catch may not have it, you can bet that some will by next spring , you can bet that by the following spring a whole lot will, and you can bet by two years some jerkoff will say, "hmmm, we think testing might be in order," long after some fry cook at Long John Silver's ingested enough radiation to cause his hair to fall out.

One fish, one plutonium particle is the kind of party fun, I for one, look forward to.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Most don't know about Fukushima, never mind appreciate the severity of it.

I went to a local restaurant recently and asked what kind of fish was in the food, and where it came from. They looked puzzled, but endeavored to find out for me. When they returned they asked why I was interested. I told them about the quadruple melt-down and explosion at Fukushima, and how the radiation was contaminating the Pacific with radiation. They just looked at me like I had watched one disaster movie too many. I asked them if they had ever heard of Chernobyl, and said it was many times worse than that.

Whilst people are completely unaware, there is no hope.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
hmmm...the oceans are massive..flowing bodies of water, there are currents going everywhere.
fish do not sit in one place flapping their gills..they swim..all over.
the ocean is a huge ecosystem, the food chain is massive..this contamination from Fukushima is cumulative.
from the tiniest creature to the most massive whale..from the Krill to the seal and bear..nothing is safe.
but...the ocean is not the only thing to fear.
the Japanese had a wonderful idea of burning all contaminated debris..what a stroke of genius!!
lets send all that contamination into the air stream!
what goes up must come down.....hot rain? think of the ramifications of that..know any animals that eat plants?
when it evaporates where does it go? any wind where you live? know anything that breathes air?
this stuff does not go away quickly..its cumulative..it builds up in your system.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
@ Concerned People:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Link to the newest Radiation Levels in front of Daiichi!

new topics

top topics

join