It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Davis Historian Catalogs U.S. Secrets, Lies and Conspiracies. No wonder people are waking up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
phys.org...

Among the bizarre-but-documented conspiracies: U.S. plots to kill Cuban president Fidel Castro (one scheme involved dropping poison pills in his drinks; another called for planting an exploding seashell in his favorite scuba-diving bay); proposed military attacks on U.S. citizens as a pretext for war with Cuba (bombing U.S. cities, for one; blowing up John Glenn's rocket during his historic spaceflight, for another); and a government study that dropped hallucinogenic drugs into the drinks of unsuspecting Americans in random bars.

Read more at: phys.org...

And the view through that window is one of growing paranoia. Olmsted notes that in a 1964 poll, nearly 80 percent of Americans said that they trusted officials to do the right thing most or all of the time -- an all-time high.
Contrast that with 2006, when more than half of Americans ages 18 to 29 told pollsters they believed that the Bush administration had either planned the 9/11 attacks or deliberately let them happen.
The cure for corrosive conspiracy theories, according to Olmsted, is increased government transparency and accountability. And Americans must make themselves informed skeptics.

This was a balanced and well written article (IMO) about the cause and some of the affects governmental non- transparency has had on the population. I particularly like the closing statement.

"When you live in a democracy, you have to educate yourself about your government to hold it accountable," the history professor says. "I always tell my students that being a citizen in a democracy is a lot of work. You have to be skeptical of your government, and you have to be skeptical of conspiracy theories about your government. Trusting either totally is a mistake.

Read more at: phys.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Im not trying to sell you anything but this is a good book on the government spiking peoples drinks
www.amazon.com...

with one man climbing a tree to feed the birds, the troop commander gave up

MY ESSENCE HAS NO LABEL!
edit on 3-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Wonderful article and thread.

Now, if only we could figure out a way to make Americans pay attention to the shenanigans our Govt. is getting up to, and less attention to the partisan nonsense.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The Billion-Dollar Barrel of '___', and Other Insanities of the U.S. Army's Cold War Drug Experiments

gawker.com...

During the Cold War, the U.S. Army pursued a research program that used soldiers as lab rats to test the effects of various chemical agents—ranging "from tear gas and '___' to highly lethal nerve agents, like VX." As a huge class action suit against the government by those who were experimented upon nears its trial date, the New Yorker has dropped a huge piece full of details on just how much crazy # our military was doing in a single secret facility in Maryland.

i couldnt walk straight, i ended up sitting next to the cannale talking to myself until the sun came up, i lost all concept of time and reality.
edit on 3-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

The US military's weaponized form of '___' was known as BZ and was identified on ordnance by purple markings.

If you can find the videos of the tests on soldiers, they are hilarious.

new topics

top topics

join