It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elephants, this massive room, and ignorance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. No intro, no flashy diction, just rant.

People in this country (America) are absolutely ridiculous.

Go do a search for the massive surge of police brutality.

Look at a city like Chicago. Now amplify that across a mentally unstable populace. How many people are murdered daily?

Look at our entertainment industry.

Grand Theft Auto V (which I personally love, as well as) Breaking Bad.

Any typical propogand... I mean movie, about "terrorism and the big-bad American GI Joe soldier saves the day, and the world." For instance, Olympus has Fallen, Zero Dark Thirty, and these are just a few off the top of my head.

So, let's recap briefly. Police are beyond trigger-happy, been a lot of mass shootings in the news recently (I could care less if they've been perpetuated by the Illuminati to implement their NWO), video games/movies (which make up a vast portion of teenagers time) are all but based on violence, destruction, and murder.

Now, do not misconstrue me, I AM NOT blaming these pieces of technology solely for ANYTHING. But I also don't believe in coincidences.

With that said, I have one more point to make.

My government preaches crap like liberty, freedom, etc. But how do they act?

Well, for starters, they are mass murderers. And my list stops at that. Because, and despite what most Americans think, a human being is a human being, and their murder is not justified due to blanket labelization of 'terrorism.'

This is where I get lost, where I can't connect the pieces in my head. Right here.

-

Why do people ignore these acts? Do they believe they are false? Do they think, since they don't believe it's true, that it stops it from being true? Better yet, why are so many people apt to storming through the gates about "it is my RIGHT as an American to own a firearm. COME AND GET IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS."

Yet, these same people are the first ones to ignore or deflect when it comes to the cold dead hands of the hundreds of thousands that have been murdered under a finger of corporate imperialism.

Keep this apathy and hipocrisy in mind, because this is the point of my entire thread.

We covered earlier a very, very general look at a few aspects of society. Glamorization of violence/murder in nearly every entertainment venue, clammed with a tyrannical and murderous government, on top of a surge of police brutality and mass shootings?

I'll leave the answer to you, but is it a far shot to say that there is a bit of a correlation here? A nation, full of sheep (do what they're told and what's 'normal'), run by pigs (no individual critical thinking, "I am the law, I fight for your freedom" - never use specifics as the how/why), owned by wolves (who determine "normal," are sociopaths and megalomaniacal ego-bound who murder and steal relentlessly).

It's the idea that Americans refuse to look at, "terrorism breeds terrorism." If you raise an entire nation to passively do what they're told, and the people doing the saying are murdering and lieing scumbags, CHANCES ARE, the nation that's been raised is going to be no better.

And I'm witnessing it, so are a lot of you. The apathetic, cynical, God complex that ignorant people LOVE to pull over their eyes. I'm going to cut this short because I'm pretty sure this entire thread makes no sense, but good God people.

There's this giant elephant in the room, though. A country, whose backbone was the idea of liberty, is now limiting and in some cases dictating to its people how to abide. I'm not saying politicians represent America, certainly not the idea of America, but as long as people in this country are more offended and outraged by differing beliefs and viewpoints (there's that damn thing called 'liberty' again) compared to said politicians raping the Earth, murdering her people, and manipulating them down a rabbit hole that never ends, you better Goddamn believe these politicians represent America.

It is too ironic, and ultimately sad, that people in this country, who have let it get the way it has, can still run on their ego-card and blame it on the 'Republicans' or in the next four years the 'Democrats,' rinse and repeat. Kind of like the same way our government blames everything on the terrorists.

Remember how I mentioned the way this country has been raised? Like father, like son. Like politicians, like sheep.

Except for the sheep actually think they're free.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nice Rant. Here's the recipe...

De-sensitization
Predictive programming
Groupthink
Consensus reality
Dialectical governance

Mix together, and sprinkle in plenty of fear and lies. Chill before serving.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We haven't evolved enough yet to understand what liberty really means, anything so far is a pretence, not even an aspiration not even a visualisation. We just kid ourselves because we know not what we are...yet.

new topics

join