It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paleoamerican Oddessy conference, Santa Fe Nm 10/17-10/19 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just saw this listed at
anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

This conference will be three days of lectures and talks of paleo American studies
Many of the best well known researchers will be in attendance, such as Tom Dillehay, Dennis Stanford, James Kennett and Kinshipstudies.org blogger, German Dziebel will be presenting a new paper.

paleoamericanodyssey.com...

I am going to try to make it, should be worth every penny.

edit on 3-10-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here is a list of speakers and subjects being discussed.

Speaker Biographies
(Select speaker name to view biography)

Presentation Abstracts (Select a title to view abstract)
 Vladimir Pitulko, Pavel Nikolskiy, Aleksandr Basilyan and Elena Pavlova
Yana RHS site, earliest occupation of Siberia
 Masami Izuho
Human Technological and Behavioral Adaptation to Landscape Changes Before, During, and After the Last Glacial Maximum in Japan
 Kelly Graf
Late Pleistocene Siberia: Setting the Stage for the Peopling of the Americas
 Ben Potter, Chuck Holmes, and David Yesner
Technology and Economy Among The Earliest Prehistoric Foragers in Interior Eastern Beringia
 Heather Smith, Jeff Rasic, and Ted Goebel
Biface Traditions of Northern Alaska and their Role in the Peopling of the Americas
 Jon M. Erlandson
After Clovis-First Collapsed: Reimagining the Peopling of the Americas
 Quentin Mackie, Loren G. Davis, Daryl Fedje, Duncan McLaren and Amy E. Gusick
Searching for Pleistocene-Aged Submerged Archaeological Sites Along Western North America's Pacific Coast: Current Research and Future Needs
 Dennis Stanford, Darrin Lowery, Margaret Jodry, Bruce Bradley, Marvin Kay and Robert J. Speakman
The Chesapeake Bifaces: Evidence for an LGM Occupation of the Mid-Atlantic Region of North America?
 John W. Ives and Duane Froese
Vectors, Vestiges and Valhallas? Rethinking the Corridor
 Connie Mulligan and Andrew Kitchen
Three Stage Colonization Model for the Peopling of the Americas   
 Eske Willerslev
A Genomic Sequence of a Clovis Individual
 David G. Anderson, Thaddeus G. Bissett, and Stephen J. Yerka
The Late Pleistocene Human Settlement of Interior North America: The Role of Physiography and Sea Level Change
 Vance T. Holliday and Shane Miller
Clovis Across the Continent: Distribution, Chronology, and Climate
 Bruce A. Bradley and Michael B. Collins
Imagining Clovis as a Cultural Revitalization Movement
 Gary Haynes
Clovis-Era Subsistence: Continental Patterning and Regional Variability
 David Kilby and Bruce Huckell
Clovis Caches: An Update and Consideration of Their Role in the Colonization of New Lands
 James P. Kennett, Allen West, Ted Bunch, and Wendy Wolbach
The Younger Dryas Boundary (YDB) Cosmic Impact Hypothesis, 12.9 ka: A Review
 Nicole M. Waguespack
Pleistocene Extinctions: The State of Evidence and the Structure of Debate
 Charlotte Beck and George T. Jones
The Increasing Complexity of the Colonization Process: A View from the North American West
 Douglas W. Owsley
Bioarchaeological Biographies of Ancient Americans
 Arturo H. Gonzalez Gonzalez, A. Terrazas, W. Stinnesbeck, M. Benavente, J. Avilés, C. Rojas, J.M. Padilla, A. Velasquez, E. Acevez and E. Frey
The First Humans in the Yucatan Peninsula Found in Drowned Caves: The Days of the Late Pleistocene-Early Holocene in a Changing Tropic
 Nora Flegenheimer, Laura Miotti and Natalia Mazzia
Rethinking Early Objects and Landscapes in the Southern Cone
 Tom D. Dillehay
Late Pleistocene Economic and Cultural Diversity in North Peru
 Adriana Schmidt Dias and Lucas Bueno
The First Colonization of South America Eastern Lowlands: Brazilian Archaeological Contributions to Settlement of America Models
 Mark Hubbe, Walter Neves, Danilo Bernardo, André Strauss, Astolfo Araujo, and Renato Kipnis
Early Human Occupation of Lagoa Santa, Central Brazil: Implications for the Dispersion and Adaptation of Early Human Groups in South America
 Daniel J. Joyce
Adaptations along the Ice Margin: Analysis, Interpretation and Implications of Four Pre-Clovis Megafauna Butchery Sites in the Western Great Lakes Region
 Dennis L. Jenkins
Paisley Caves: 14,500 Years of Human Occupations in the Northern Great Basin  
 Michael Waters
In Search of the First Americans? What the Friedkin Site, Texas, and Manis Site, Washington Tell us About the First Americans
 J. M. Adovasio and D. R. Pedler
The Ones that Still Won't Go Away
 Albert C. Goodyear, Douglas A. Sain, Megan Hoak King, Derek T. Anderson, and M. Scott Harris
Topper, An Early Paleoamerican Site in South Carolina
 Steven R. Holen and Kathleen Holen
The Mammoth Steppe Hypothesis: The Mid Wisconsin (OIS 3) Peopling of the Americas
 Eric Boëda
The Pleistocene Human Occupation of Piaui: An Unacceptable Reality? And Nevertheless they are Old!
 Michael B. Collins, Dennis J. Stanford, and Darrin L. Lowery
North America Before Clovis: Variance in Temporal/Spatial Cultural Patterns, 24,000 to 13,000 BP
 William Andrefsky, Jr.
Fingerprinting Stone Tool Production Processes: Towards an Identification of Human Artifact Characteristics
 Rolfe D. Mandel
A Geoarchaeological Approach to the Search for Pre-Clovis Sites in North America: An Example from the Central Plains
 Thomas W. Stafford, Jr.
Geochronology, Stratigraphy and Taphonomy as the Foundations for Pre-Clovis Research
 Peter Hiscock
Occupying New Lands: Global Migrations and Cultural Diversification with Particular Reference to Australia

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Have been checking on flights, and due to the connetions, it would take me only 3hrs longer to ride my motorcycle the 1000 miles to the conference, than it would fly. So I might be riding to Santa Fe Nm.
There are so many highly respected people giving talks and presenting papers it's really a once in a lifetime event.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

North America isn't really my thing but damn, there are some great speakers at this covering some really cool topics. I really wish I had caught this earlier just for the Final Presentation on peopling of Australia. I just don't think I can talk my wife into letting me leave her with kids on such short notice!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Hi peter,
It really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to rub elbows with some of the most productive minds in these fields.
I'm still trying to talk myself out of talking myself into going.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

punkinworks10
I am going to try to make it, should be worth every penny.
I envy you. Pal of mine is going...I envy her, too. I will however go to the Ontario Archaeological Society symposium in Niagara Falls. Still...no Dillehay.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'm going to do my best to make it.
The fact it will only take me a few hrs longer to ride my moto the 1000 miles and only cost me a couple hundred bucks as compared to $1000 flying there, makes it very alluring.
I really want to see physical materials that will presented.

new topics

top topics

join