It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Follow Aristotlean or Platonic Philosophical Thought Processes In Religious Understanding?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

windword
Double post

edit on 7-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Do you think it's possible to attempt a triple post? I'd like to see that and tell Skeptic Overlord that the OP wanted to see it happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by WarminIndy

Sophia is the physical world, with which we gain wisdom from. Song of Songs is a story about the relationship between the physical and Spiritual. "She" in the story is the physical world while "He" is consciousness.
edit on 7-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I think Song of Solomon, hands down the most erotic story in the Bible, is really about Nikkal and Yahrick. She was the goddess of the fruit orchards and he was the moon god. His father wanted him to marry someone else but he paid a huge bride price just for her. The story is that every night he comes to her to leave dew for her fruit trees to blossom.

But I can see how you could think the way you do.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You may be right, but even those gods have roots in natural things. Nikkal is the goddess of orchards which aligns pretty well with Mother nature, and Yarikh is described as the "illuminator of the heavens", which aligns with consciousness.

All religions point toward the same thing, and its a very natural thing, only they clothe it with their own version or spin of superstition and myth.
edit on 7-10-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I've done triple posts before. Even quadruple posts.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I've done triple posts before. Even quadruple posts.

Awesome!!! If you're going to do something, do it big. Go big or go home.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join