It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Dick Durbin gave false facts about his own daughter in Obamacare speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow... What a guy here. Is getting this garbage rammed through and down our throats so important that ...quite literally misrepresenting the facts of one's OWN late daughter's medical case is fair game for the grinder of the current political climate?

Have they absolutely no shame...of any kind...whatsoever?

There is more to see about why this one stands out. Lets have a look here.

Sen. Dick Durbin movingly described his sick child’s preexisting condition as a reason to support Obamacare last week, but the Illinois Democrat neglected to mention that his late daughter was easily covered by existing insurance, and that he used taxpayer money to reward the hospital that treated her.

Yes, indeed. That's one way of putting it. In fact, it's a bit further down the article, you see how absurdly and ridiculously understated that actually is for what he's talking about. He would't know what the average person could get outside reading about it in a book or a report. Ever.

“If I had gone on the open market to buy a policy I’m not sure I could have bought one for my family to cover my child,” said Durbin, who was first elected to Congress in 1982 when his Christine was fourteen.

In fact, Durbin wasn’t sure about buying a policy on the open market because he never had to, having been a state employee from 1969 to 1982 and a federal employee from 1982 to now. His daughter, Christine, who was born in 1968, never went without the cushy government benefits offered to government workers and their families.

Now that's a real man of the people, eh? Man sponging off the people anyway. His entire life...... Oh, and the hospital that took care of her? Well, yeah, like I said. Durbin wouldn't have a clue about the life of a normal citizen if he paid someone to explain it and draw pictures in crayon with bright colors.

Durbin also sent his daughter to the very expensive Children’s Memorial Hospital for care. Durbin was able to pay Children’s Memorial Hospital back with U.S. taxpayers’ money, giving the hospital over $650,000 in just one earmark in 2002.
Source

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well Wrabbit you did what I thought would be impossible you found the lowest form of scum on earth, but lets keep blaming the GOP for being inhumane.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Psyops are getting old and stale real fast.

It looks to me like these lamb killers are all out of genuine arguments.

The puppy-petting and kitten-brushing has started.

new topics

join