It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Capitol locked down after reports of shots fired near the West Front

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

"this whole thing stinks to high heaven"

it seems that way. not sure what exactly prompted the use of lethal force. also, I heard that there was a department of homeland security training scenario that same day. but I don't have any links to cite what I heard.

I guess if this story made sense, it wouldn't be here. ha ha ha

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
Something is just not right with this woman being shot multiple times and her baby is ok through this? Some say it was removed then she was shot, why not tazer the driver if they were so close? To me it looked like she had panicked when she saw the police pointing their guns at her and that's why she took off.
There will be footage showing the moment she entered Capital Hill to the moment she died in a hail of bullets somewhere, but won't be made public.
Wish someone could say for definite how many cameras are on the streets that she drove on instead of just a shaky film that was shown.
The photo of her car with no wheels is just below the one where you can clearly see the bullet holes, so why include it if it is an old one not connected to that day?
This whole thing stinks to high heaven.........

There is so much info, being omitted, made up, and missing that anybody not "in the know" actually knows nothing. The only thing certain is that the politicians cheered her execution and there is more here than meets the eye.

To say the whole thing stinks to high heaven is an understatement.....I never thought I would live to see the day I am ashamed of what our country has become. I think Jesse Ventura is right.....fire them all by electing anyone but Republicrats and Demopublicans next election cycle and that includes the presidency. If they are going to be corrupt may as well force them to make it even more blatant and make the dictatorship official.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I actually was basing it on the statements made by Miriam's sister in terms of what was going on with Miriam mentally. My point was actually that, if mental instability exists, it's next to impossible to predict how someone is going to behave. That's why I said that bit about how some mothers kill their children, others may, like Miriam, could've had an entirely different brand of something going on. To make it clear, I hold no specific theories as to why Miriam Carey did what she did for that very reason but was imply making a suggestion for how one could become politicized.

A few months after her daughter was born, Miriam Carey was diagnosed with postpartum depression with psychosis, her sister, Amy Carey-Jones, said on CNN's "AC360."

www.cnn.com...

I agree. There is so much that we do not know about what went on with her or the events of that day. As frustrating as it may sound, the odds are that we may never comprehend why things occurred as they did. I'm very mixed on the outcome.

As far as her daughter goes, taking a child into protective custody is actually a pretty common practice when the parent, regardless of their survival or not, engages in a behavior that puts the child at risk. Basically, the mother's behavior was a red flag of possible issue. If Miriam Carey had simply died in a typical auto accident, then there would be no red flag on the family. Even if Carey had not been shot, her daughter would've still been taken into protective custody or if she had driven like that anywhere else for that matter.

kbkw.com...
www.zwire.com...

It's normal.

Yeah I know that your theory is based on statements made, and as I said it is entirely possible. I only hope that the child not being in care of the family is for standard procedure reasons and not a vendetta by some politician greasing the wheels of CPS to make her immediate family even more miserable than I am sure they already are.

My post was not meant to downplay or belittle yours in any way Alice....I just wanted to offer my theory on what may have happened is all.

The one thing I can say with all certainty is when the Representatives cheered what the police did my gut sank and I felt disgusted to the point of feeling ill.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What kind of foreign currency did she have in her car with her passport?
I still have not heard what kind it was. Seems that could shed some light on what she was up to.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

JBA2848
I still have not heard what kind it was. Seems that could shed some light on what she was up to.

You mean they didn't find the NRA bible along with high capacity magazines next to an AR-15?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

JBA2848

I had not heard that one. But I just took a trip to Canada, I still have Canadian currency. Having foreign currency in itself means nothing. My passport is always on me also. So that does not seem so unusual.

There is no evidence that she took a trip out of the country before this, but if she were planning a trip then why go to DC when she could have just gone to JFK or Boston?

OK, I just looked at it on CBS. I don't think it means anything that she had various foreign currency. I would collect foreign currency myself, just for the fun of it. There's still no reason yet for me to think she was up to no good on that report. In the lockbox she also had social security cards and an uncashed check. Again, that doesn't seem really strange. She could have had them in the lockbox because her wallet or purse might have been stolen when the thieves broke in.

I think CBS is just trying to suggest something that may not even be the case. The report didn't say how valuable the currency was, only that it was various.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Totally agree. I find it repugnant as well. It's a sad day when we applaud another human beings' death, especially when the evidence that has been reported would indicate that she was most likely in a serious state of distress. Nobody should exit this world that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

GeisterFahrer

JBA2848

You mean they didn't find the NRA bible along with high capacity magazines next to an AR-15?

Maybe it was shhhhh.....The Anarchist Cookbook? You didn't hear that from me, that book *wink wink* doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The biggest issue I have is that even if we accept the official route traveled as being true, prior to her being neutralized/killed Constitution & 2nd St NE there was no lock-down or shelter in place order issued for the US Capitol grounds. The officers involved in the shooting were well aware that the threat was neutralized (she was no longer an issue and the car was disabled) yet even with this knowledge law enforcement created a situation which terrorized those working on the Hill and tourists visiting the Hill.

When they absolutely knew that there was no threat to anyone's safety law enforcement created an illusion of a serious crisis for more than an hour after Miriam Carey was shot. Such actions are not only unethical, but are used to push forward the meme that citizens must feel and act like scared little children who need our protectors to keep us "safe."

The images of people running for their lives, the look of complete fear on the faces of people is troubling when one understands that the fear was manufactured as the panic caused by law enforcement with their assault weapons telling people to run and take shelter somewhere safe was completely fabricated. Miriam Carey was mortally wounded before law enforcement pushed the panic button and initiated the panic; that is enraging and, in my opinion, the big story that should be shared with the public (but sadly will never be shared with the masses).

And, on another note, for someone who we are told was visiting DC for the first time she certainly navigated some of the most confusing and well fortified areas of the Hill better than any lifelong resident could... I doubt that she had her GPS giving her turn-by-turn directions because it's not a route GPS would navigate a driver and, while being chased by law enforcement, programming one's GPS isn't the easiest thing to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I'm kind of puzzled as to why they unloaded a crap load of bullets in her direction at the final stop as she was either sitting in her car or getting out. Based on the existing evidence, I don't think she was surrendering... However, I highly doubt she was threatening anyone when finally stopped. I do think someone screwed up in killing her as they could have taken her car out at several locations ( I think... wasn't there). On the other hand... If I would plan to do the same thing, I would give myself 20% chance of survival.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Zarniwoop
reply to post by NickDC202

I'm kind of puzzled as to why they unloaded a crap load of bullets in her direction at the final stop as she was either sitting in her car or getting out. Based on the existing evidence, I don't think she was surrendering... However, I highly doubt she was threatening anyone when finally stopped. I do think someone screwed up in killing her as they could have taken her car out at several locations ( I think... wasn't there). On the other hand... If I would plan to do the same thing, I would give myself 20% chance of survival.

Why indeed. I'll tell you. Google the story or Hiram Abiff. The pertinent information is that he went south, west and east. In the east he was killed. The story of Miriam Carey tells us that she went south, west and east. In the east she was killed. It is secret society theater.

This week we watch and wonder. Next week we will see. Next week presents a perfect opportunity for immolation.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here are the police reports.

Miriam Carey search warrant - lockbox
apps.washingtonpost.com...

Miriam Carey search warrant - vehicle
apps.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for posting.

That pretty much makes sense why they unleashed the lead. They couldn't figure out how to disable her car. It's a shame they didn't block her car against the barrier in the video.... or at other points. She'd still be alive more than likely.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

They did and she rammed it. Which is in the report and also in the video. The report also says she was shot while driving and the vehicle came to a stop in the median.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

They did and she rammed it

I"m not saying they didn't "try"... they just didn't do a very good job.

They left too much room behind her car, enabling her to back up and ram the car behind her. They also left the sidewalk clear for her to drive off [in front of cop care #3]

3 cop cars should have been able to blockade her against a barrier... I would think?
edit on 10.10.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

From one of the warrants (Miriam Carey search warrant - lockbox) it describes the incident from the start.

The initial encounter at the White House Checkpoint at 15th and E Street Northwest

This incident began on Thursday, October 3, 2013, at approximately 2:18 pm. at a vehicle checkpoint to the White House, located at 15"' and Street, Northwest, Washington, D.C. Members of the United States Secret Service, Uniformed Division, (hereinafter, UD), encountered the aforementioned vehicle at 15"' and Streets Northwest, Washington D.C.. The suspect vehicle was being operated by a black female who was subsequently identified as Miriam Carey (hereinafter, "Carey"). Carey refused to stop at the vehicle checkpoint and made a U--turn and began to flee in the vehicle. A officer attempted to block the vehicle with a bicycle rack, however, the vehicle pushed over the bicycle rack, knocking the officer to the ground.

So, the original report of her "ramming" a barricade was false (which explains the lack of damage on the front of her vehicle). She simply hit/ran-over a bike rack placed in her path by a Secret Service Agent. That also could explain the minor damage you can barely see in the front driver side corner panel too.

Officers from the initiated a pursuit of the suspect vehicle. Carey was observed operating the vehicle erratically, violating several District of Columbia traffic regulations. Carey entered a traffic circle against the flow of traffic and drove onto a curb in front of #10 Maryland Avenue, Southwest, Washington DC.

This gets us to the video showing this event. Note the minor damage already on the front driver-side corner panel at approx 0:06 as she escapes being blocked in:

The suspect vehicle was immediately surrounded by officers from the and United States Capitol Police (hereinafter, Carey then drove the suspect vehicle in reverse, striking a police vehicle. Members from both and USCP then discharged their service weapons at the vehicle. Carey then drove the suspect vehicle off the curb, traveling northbound on First Street, Northeast and then eastbound in the 100 block of Constitution Avenue, Northeast, Washington, DC.

So, it says here they began shooting immediately after she backed into the cruiser, and began to drive away, again, this corroborates the video evidence to that fact.

Officers from USSS-UD (sic. United States Secret Service - Uniform Division) and USCP (sic. United States Capitol Police) pursued the suspect vehicle to Street and Constitution Avenue, Northeast where Carey stopped the suspect vehicle abruptly, and then turned left and drove over a median strip. Carey then drove in reverse in the 200 block of Maryland Avenue, Northeast, during which time, Carey again refused,to stop.

So, it seems (once out of the range off the video we could see) she for the 3rd time refused to stop for officers, drove over a median strip, and even backed down the street! All this with her daughter in the car with her (nice mom, doesn't sound like a pattern of sane moves IMO).

The final photo, showing the minor damage to the front driver-side corner panel, likely caused by hitting the bike rack at the White House checkpoint at the start of this ordeal.

At this point, officers from both and USCP fired several rounds into the suspect vehicle, striking Carey. The vehicle came to rest on the median area directly behind the guards booth on the United States Capitol grounds.

At this point the car is resting where the final photo depicts, upon the median strip. She has been shot, the child still in the car....when...

Carey, along with an uninjured child, were removed from the vehicle. Carey was transported to the Washington Hospital Center where she was pronounced dead by Dr. Christine Trankiem of the medical staff. Carey's remains were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the District of Columbia pending an autopsy.

Well, this account contradicts the single witness story which is the basis of this thread (Miriam Carey was shot AFTER baby was removed from the vehicle). There are no other similar stories from witnesses that day that state the child was removed and then they fired. It seems she was shot before the car was even stopped, which is what caused it to come to rest there on the median.

edit on 10/10/2013 by Krakatoa because: Forgot to add the link to the other thread

edit on 10/10/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Reading these reports up above makes me notice things such as the age of the child 18 months. The Mother And Child symbolism. Third archetype The Separation Of The Parents. The second Round The Great Mother. Next week is Week 33. The Mother is killed.

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join