It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 3000 Japanese cite severe nosebleed and other radiation type symptoms after Sept.16 typhoon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I do not know whether this is real news or just something spreaded around internet, although if it was true, it might be very serious issue, so decided to share.

A Facebook page was created by Takahiro Katsumi [Enenews.com reported him to be Foreign Policy Aide to Senator Tadashi Inuzuka, a member of the House of Councillors of the Japanese National Diet based on this Source], where he investigated the trend of massive nosebleeds reported in Twitter right after the typhoon crossing Japan on September 16th. Here are some of the facts and explanation:

FACTS: Previous compilations of tweets presenting facts discovered during the last week (*Tweets are all in Japanese)
FACT: Over 5,000 ppl were reported of tweeting "nosebleed"(hanaji) over the past two-day period from 9/22-9/23 togetter.com...
FACT: Over 3,000 ppl were reported of tweeting "can't stop my nosebleed" (hanaji ga tomaranai) during the week of 9/20-9/30 (as of 12am 10/01/2013 JST) togetter.com...
FACT: Over 2,500 ppl were reported of tweeting "I'm nosebleeding" (hanaji ga deta) during the short days of 9/28-9/30 (as of 12 am 10/01/2013 JST) togetter.com...

But this much we know:
The vast majority of these youth are under 30 (assumed) are not taking seriously of the nosebleed and are either often found joking about it or trying to handle the situation all by themselves. Because nosebleeding in Japan is often associated with having improper (often sexual) thoughts and fantasies, there is an inherent cultural barrier in Japan that restrain them from coming out in the open to admit it as a serious matter or even just letting the public know about it. But in fact the observation suggests that many of them are suffering from the (a) recurring, (b) massive in volume, and (c) enduring nosebleeding that are beginning to pose risks to their overall health by causing other symptoms such as low fever, headaches, nausea, and fatigue. Some are skipping schools and work due to them.

Without major medical warning or reports through the mainstream media, however, people cannot determine whether it is indeed a great health risk or not. There are no accumulated, reliable statistics on the issue of nosebleeding (at least not in Japan, either by the government or by the medical community) and thus people cannot make an objective judgement based on them (without the help of mainstream media). However, what we see on Twitter is only a tiny portion of what is happening in the real world. Thus the numbers found can be easily multiplied by ten or more (then can we say approx. 30,000 and in a week is a lot or not?). We can only FEEL the threat that this is a great health risk. That there are "way too many nosebleeding" going around.

www.facebook.com...

I have not found any MSM sources on this matter yet, although several alternative media have reported on it:

enenews.com... -our-patients-have-radiation-illness-but-forced-to-keep-it-se

Fairewinds Chief Engineer Arnie Gundersen, Oct. 1, 2013 (At 5:10 in): The problem right now is that Japanese researchers are afraid to tell the truth. We’ve got doctors calling us at Fairewinds saying, “We know our patients have radiation illness and the hospital isn’t allowing us to tell the patients that.” [...] So the last piece of this is transparency. And frankly if you leave it to the Japanese government we’re never going to get transparency. We’ve got get the people involved with an oversight panel made up of civilians who have nothing to gain, or nothing to lose from telling the truth.

www.fukuleaks.org...
nuclear-news.net...

I have no idea what to think about it, as I haven´t found any "reliable" sources yet on the matter. The Facebook campaign although suggests (but might as well be a hoax) there MIGHT be something happening and if it turned out to be true, this would be very serious matter, especially long-term. Has anybody heard anything from maybe friends in Japan or from some other source? What do you think about it? Could it be true?

edit on 3-10-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Thank you for the information, even though it is news of one more horror added to their fate. It is giving me goose bumps and sending chills down my spine at the thought of radiation sickness. They went through that in 1945. All we can do is really pray for them and direct thoughts of love their way.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nosebleeds without other symptoms, such as nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/hairloss, is not likely to be cause by radiation sickness.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Anime Physics: A healthy young male anime character sees an attractive female counterpart who is scantily attired, entirely unclothed, and/or in an alluring pose. His blood pressure rises immediately and blood begins to trickle, shoot, or explode out his nostrils as a result.

More
edit on 3-10-2013 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
True or not, I figure it's just a matter of time until the Japanese people start suffering from the Fukushima radiation. A country can't just look the other way and remain unharmed with something of that magnitude going on.

new topics

top topics

join