It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Dogs PC system requirement released.. Requires a 64-bit OS to Play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If like me you're counting the days until Watch Dogs is released here are the all important system requirements , looks like an upgrade is order as my GTX 460 comes in on the minimum requirements

To see this game at its best you will need a monster rig but I guess we all expected that ....

Watch Dogs PC minimum system requirements
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
CPU: Quad core
RAM: 4GB
example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 460
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600
example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Watch Dogs PC recommended system requirement
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
CPU: Eight core
RAM: 8GB
example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

www.computerandvideogames.com...

Now I'm off to try and sell a kidney before November 19

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I meet the recommended requirements

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Man have I been out of the PC game too long haha.. I'm still running a 256MB card haha... Built this one years and years ago..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

You have an 8 core CPU ? ...Know anyone who wants a kidney ?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I thought my 460 was ok but it seems the times they are a changing with the impending arrival of the next gen consoles , an upgrade is no longer an option I think a complete new build is required ... I'm going to run out of body parts before I can play it

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by rangerdanger

You have an 8 core CPU ? ...Know anyone who wants a kidney ?

Yeah AMD has a pretty cheap 8 core. Intel should be coming out with the 12 core here pretty soon. I'll probably snag that up.
Just watch Newegg for the deals!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Im ready for it

I cant wait for it to be released, it is going to be an awesome game. Especially the part of "sneaking" into other players game and hack them.. me and my mates are gonna annoy the heck out of each other xD

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My home rig and laptop can handle it but barely. Looks like next year I'll need an upgrade. It's funny because when I built my pc I was under the impression I had awhile before I needed to upgrade. Boy was I wrong with the new games coming out.

edit on 3-10-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I hear ya mate , as rangerdanger said there are some reasonable AMD 8 core CPUs out there but for me and many others that means new motherboard and ram , plus a new card to go with that loveliness

edit on 3-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You can play it on a quad core...one of the examples given for the recommended requirements is an i7 3770...that's quad. I know, because that's what i have. That processor isn't too expensive. I think you can get it for under 300.00.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Okay... I'm sold. In love. I'll just have to trade walking to school in November to get the gas money out of the budget for the game.

Watch Dogs Trailer

I'd say from about 6:30 on is where it gets active for a shooter and ..oh, nice..I love the interactivity. The hacking looks more fun than anything. The trailer shows it beautifully in two spots from that point on.

I know what my Xmas present is. Now...I need to save for a water cooler on my GPU. That sucker will have it becoming the heat problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If you are going to upgrade you can stick with a decent card under 200 bucks to play but I would recommend something that will stay valid much longer. I'd suggest a gtx 700 series. I use a gtx 570 myself and it's runs bf3 perfectly but bf4 will be a whole new story and hell hopefully gta 5 pc is BEAUTIFUL and has high requirements as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
here's a better 'trailer'

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
here is the new AMD flag GPU

94c approximately, about 280watt as a reference (imagine the OC or dual fan for cooling editions) and very big noise. More than the very good old gtx480....

But its strong enough.

reply to post by gortex

An AMD 8 core cpu, is equivalent to an intel 4 core / 8 threads cpu and they are not that powerful... AMD cpus don't have threads (the cores are not divided). But amd have improved the last couple of years, after bulldozer disaster...
edit on 27-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Don't waste your money for more than 4 cores, you just need 2 or 4, nothing more because games and software aren't developed for that so you're just wasting your money. AMD can't catch up with their processors, but their videocards lately have been superior for the price over nvidia. If you want to match the recommended settings, you'll just need to spend about $400 for the parts given that you buy everything on sale, which would take about a week or two to find those parts and cyber monday is around the corner...

I'm really happy this game is coming out for the PC as well, it's the only ps4 game i was really looking forward to.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well the good news (for me) is it's been delayed from November 2013 until Spring 2014 so plenty of time to sort my new computer out ready for launch , sometimes delays can be good news

top topics

join