It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO lies again. 20K times the legal limit for radiation was leaked into the ocean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by Human0815

And you really believe that.. It's a thermal image how can a thermal image show waves?

It isn't a 'thermal image'*; it's similar in the sense that colours are used to represent the magnitude of something, but in this case it's not heat (nor is it radioactivity or whatever). If you look at the centre of the picture, there is a scale showing how the colours represent the height of the wave created by the earthquake as it travels from the epicentre.

The image originates from a page on the Old Dominion University's website:
sci.odu.edu...

The page says that it was last updated over two years ago (October 1st 2011), and since the picture is on that page I'm going to assume that the picture was created on or before that date.

*On a sidenote, the new image you have provided is also not a 'thermal image', since thermal imaging is a measure of heat, not radioactivity or the concentration of Fukushima's radioactive water. It also doesn't have a scale, so exactly what the colours mean remain a mystery. Also, assuming it's showing 'waste water concentration', it could be conservative (that is to say that only what is considered a significant concentration of waste water is shown) or it could be excessive or 'dramatised' (showing even 'potentially insignificant' concentrations of pollution to show the full spread of the water regardless of what real-world effect is has (or doesn't)). It's similar to changing the contrast on a grey-scale picture; you can lower it and make the light less prominent, or you can increase it and make the light more prominent.

I'm not saying the picture is not worrying, but I would like to know to what degree I should be worried by it based on science rather than 'pretty colours'.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyton

Maybe your right about the pictures and all but the last graph stated nuclear pollution right?

You and I know that what is happening over there concerns the whole world , If you hear that large amounts of radioactive material is pouring into the ocean everyday and if you know that ocean currents can reach speeds for about 4 knots and are connected to almost every ocean in the world. Not even mention the studies that water has memory and how this could work out in the near future?

So yes maybe I over dramatized it a bit . Because it seems the world doesn't wake up for what happening right now !

And another thing is they gonna build this Ice wall to stop the contamination.. Scientist warn TEPCO to not build ice walls because it could trigger a nuclear reaction..

When that happens You wished my Dramatized writing came through...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by Leyton

You and I know that what is happening over there concerns the whole world , If you hear that large amounts of radioactive material is pouring into the ocean everyday and if you know that ocean currents can reach speeds for about 4 knots and are connected to almost every ocean in the world.

So yes maybe I over dramatized it a bit . Because it seems the world doesn't wake up for what happening right now !

I do very much agree that this event has potentially catastrophic implications for all life on Earth, and for exactly that reason there is no need to dramatise it; the reality of the situation is horrifying enough as it is. People do need to see what is going on in Fukushima and be aware of the gravity of the situation, but there are many factors stopping that and most of those are, in themselves, hard to overcome.

As OP said, there is a significant difference between the reports of TEPCO and independent situation assessors (which a lot of people are putting down to TEPCO trying to cover up the severity of the situation), and until they come to some sort of an agreement a suitable solution cannot be implemented. On top of that, although this has the potential to become a global disaster, it is currently being treated as 'Japan's problem', and so physical efforts from others around the globe are minimal. Also, if the news aired just how severe the effects of this disaster could be and how little time it would take, it would probably provoke widespread panic. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to air that because it would come under the category of 'speculative', and speculating something bordering on an ELE would definitely not be allowed. And all the while the situation appears to be getting worse, which only makes everything harder.

So long as TEPCO continues to say the situation is under control, they will not draw in any level of international support. So long as there is no concrete assessment of the situation, no international support will be given. So long as the mass media does not broadcast it, the vast majority of people will remain unaware. So long as the plant keeps leaking, the situation becomes harder to solve.
edit on 5/10/2013 by Leyton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyton

I agree with everything but want to add that Tepco got a lot
of international Support, the US-Army (Boron and other Stuff)
the French from Areva provided one of the Water Filtration Systems
the Germans with the "Putzmeister" Concrete Trucks,
Americans from IRobot and a few others private Companies!

The new Plan for the Ice Walls is also international advertised for bids!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyton

Widespread panic that's a word I heard before. I personally don't think that it ever will happen , only when 2/3 of the population has died out..we won't have a widespread population anymore.

I know and sincerely believe that they are doing everything to stop this.. And I know this whole thing started by nature "if you rule out the rumors that the stuxnet virus had a part role of the reactor shutdown" But that another story..

Let's hope they get it under control ..

reply to post by Human0815

I did not know that so many other foreign companies were involved good to hear that help comes from other countries also..

peace

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hana1

Sorry to disappoint you but 30 x 6.66 = 199.8

200,000 / 30 = 6,666.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so at the very least it is 6 Thousand six hundred and sixty six times the "legal" limit!
edit on 8/10/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit

I think some of this post by Aircooled in the "Japan declares......" Mega Thread part two has direct relevance to your post here! Doesn't really make for comfortable reading or inspire confidence in the Toxic Effluence Production Company who HAVE lied since day one of this disaster which of course "Human08xx" would like to deny!

"Second explosion was “more like a bomb” at Fukushima — Spent nuclear fuel flew 30 kilometers away, pellets collected by military — Very strange materials like europium were found — Should have evacuated out to 300 kilometers"
In some areas, we can find very strange material like europium and so on. Now Self Defense Forces is collecting all materials. Also spent fuel flew because of a second explosion; it’s more like a bomb, exploded and flew like 30 kilometers. So government, or Self Defense, is now collecting all spent fuel pellets.”
Note: 30 KM's
enenews.com... y-should-have-evacuated-300-kilometer-zone-150-years-t?fb_action_ids=10151942969399533&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_objec t_map=%7B%2210151942969399533%22%3A186809321505975%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151942969399533%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
From the comments.
"What about all the aerosolized/vaporous pluthermal(MOX, plutonium) fuel that has circled the northern hemisphere a few dozen times since?"

"" Very strange materials like europium were found "
must have been a bunch of it
Europium isotopes are good neutron absorbers and are used in nuclear reactor control rods.
www.chemicool.com...

And the vid. It seems they #3 but no date given. [Of course]
www.youtube.com...

I found this from Sept 27th.
"It has been suggested that a water vapor explosion was immediately accompanied by a nuclear explosion. The TEPCo have now officially called it “detonation”. The hot fuel rods caused a rapid expansion of the water added (water vapor explosion). This caused the collapse of the water shield between the fuel rods stored in the storing pool, and this may have caused a supercritical condition momentarily and, hence, led to a nuclear explosion. The nuclear explosion was not very extensive, but there is a sign that it may have occurred at the storing pool. If this is, indeed,the case, then not only fission products but also U-238. U-235, Pa-239, and neutrons would have been released. Pu-239 (and also other Pu isotopes) has been detected around the plant and up to several tens of kilometers away. These data suggest the release of fuel rod material itself in addition to fission products, and are consistent with the notion that a nuclear explosion, indeed, took place."
enenews.com... um-were-seen-in-u-s-at-several-epa-stations

From Sept 9th.
Guam EPA asks for help to test for radioactivity
www.guampdn.com...

Oops again!
enenews.com... ure-regulators-say-worker-pushed-stop-button

Thanks to Aircooled and all the others who have given us so much information, DancedWithWolves, Silverlok, Qmantoo, PurpleChive, HappyKat, ThorFourWinds etc, etc, etc! We are all grateful for your time, energy and effort in bringing so much more of this to our attention than we would ever have been able to garner ourselves if left to our own devices! Muchas Gracias, Vielen Dank and Thank you!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Double Post! Sorry about that!
edit on 8/10/13 by wiser3 because: to delete double post!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join